• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Christian here.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Christianity didn't start those schools. People did. If I made a school or hospital in the Name of a Noodle monster, that does't validate my beliefs. Christianity has also done a large amount of bad. Remember that thing called the crusades?
If you are not going to give “Christianity” credit for hospitals and schools then you can’t blame “Christianity” for the crusades. You need to be consistent.

I congratulate you on your recent awakening, but I think given time you will come to the conclusion that you can be an Atheist and reject Christianity without needing to demonize Christianity. I believe Christianity has inspired people to do good, and to do evil.

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Sure I'll explain.

Lets say you were born on a Island with no religion what so ever. You are raised exactly as you were now, without being told anything about the bible or God or whatever. Taking that ALL out of the equation, you would still find it wrong to steal, murder, ect. It doesnt take a God to decipher between right and wrong. Only common sense.

Is this person alone with other people?

tarasan

fantôme profane;1998454 said:
If you are not going to give “Christianity” credit for hospitals and schools then you can’t blame “Christianity” for the crusades. You need to be consistent.

I congratulate you on your recent awakening, but I think given time you will come to the conclusion that you can be an Atheist and reject Christianity without needing to demonize Christianity. I believe Christianity has inspired people to do good, and to do evil.

nice mate, good imput.

Ethos88

fantôme profane;1998454 said:

I'm not trying to Demonize cristianity by anymeans, I'm trying to make people see the unbalanced logic in their thinking process.

Thesavorofpan

Thats just the nature of Man, my friend.

So you agree with me. You said religion is the cause of wars and then you said that if we remove religion the world would be a lot better place, but I said if you remove the religion you would still have the violent nature of man. So whether or not we have religion we will still be violent. So your original statement of the world would be a better place without religion is wrong.

Ethos88

So you agree with me. You said religion is the cause of wars and then you said that if we remove religion the world would be a lot better place, but I said if you remove the religion you would still have the violent nature of man. So whether or not we have religion we will still be violent. So your original statement of the world would be a better place without religion is wrong.

You know what to be honest, I couldnt tell you what the world would be like without religion, becuase it's never happend. I could tell you the middle east would be a lot less aggressive.

Thesavorofpan

With other people, consider it a small continent. Without religion.

They would have some sort of Hero figures that they would base their morals off of. You don't automatically have morals at birth. You learn them from your society. The question is whether or not that society is morally good. It is impossible for a civilization without some sort of religion evolved.

Thesavorofpan

You know what to be honest, I couldnt tell you what the world would be like without religion, becuase it's never happend. I could tell you the middle east would be a lot less aggressive.

I doubt it. Thats where the majority of the earth's oil resources is.

Ethos88

They would have some sort of Hero figures that they would base their morals off of. You don't automatically have morals at birth. You learn them from your society. The question is whether or not that society is morally good. It is impossible for a civilization without some sort of religion evolved.

You just said a Hero figure would be sufficent to get morals, which I have no argument, but why does the "hero" figure have to be religious? That last part seemed like you threw it in there just for the sake of proving religion gives you morals.

tarasan

thats really presumptious you have no way of knowing that.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm not trying to Demonize cristianity by anymeans, I'm trying to make people see the unbalanced logic in their thinking process.
Then you need to be consistent in you thinking. Either Christianity gets both the credit and the blame, or it gets neither the credit nor the blame. Many Christians want Christianity to get the credit for the good it has inspired without accepting the responsibility for the evil it has inspired. And you seemed to want to give Christianity blame for the evil it has inspired without giving it credit for the good it has inspired. Both would be examples of “unbalanced logic”.

tarasan

What might be cliche, is not invalid. I'm sorry but my arguments are not the ones that are failing.

really stating things you cannot know isnt invalid? stating God is a murder when you have no way of knowing isnt invalid? ignoring the thought of free will isnt invalid?

im assuming your just starting out as an athiest cause these kinds of things arnt really touched on when you get further down the line,

Ethos88

fantôme profane;1998484 said:
Then you need to be consistent in you thinking. Either Christianity gets both the credit and the blame, or it gets neither the credit nor the blame. Many Christians want Christianity to get the credit for the good it has inspired without accepting the responsibility for the evil it has inspired. And you seemed to want to give Christianity blame for the evil it has inspired without giving it credit for the good it has inspired. Both would be examples of “unbalanced logic”.

Ok, I'lle give you that, I do believe that Christianity has done some good. However it's not balanced out by the amount of harm it does to our society. It reduces capacity for reason and logical thinking, widly deflects scientific arguments that have reasearch with solid reults as its foundation. It gives a false sense of secuirty which leads to a view that life is less fragile. Who do you think values life more? One who knows he has only one life, or one who thinks he will live eternally after he dies?

Ethos88

really stating things you cannot know isnt invalid? stating God is a murder when you have no way of knowing isnt invalid? ignoring the thought of free will isnt invalid?

im assuming your just starting out as an athiest cause these kinds of things arnt really touched on when you get further down the line,

You must be joking, argumetns like these brood the foundation for more complex arguments in the future. If you want to debate me on Evolution vs Cristianity then by all means please start. I'm debating you on the value of your logic. Saying things like "God can murder people becuase he can" Is so hole riddled its not even funny.

tarasan

Ok, I'lle give you that, I do believe that Christianity has done some good. However it's not balanced out by the amount of harm it does to our society. It reduces capacity for reason and logical thinking, widly deflects scientific arguments that have reasearch with solid reults as its foundation. It gives a false sense of secuirty which leads to a view that life is less fragile. Who do you think values life more? One who knows he has only one life, or one who thinks he will live eternally after he dies?

again presumptious there are plenty of christians who want sceince to go on and do its thing, I for one included and no it doesnt give us a false sense of security in fact it makes us cherish life because it is a gift from God, this gift we have has eternal value! every train of thought can be harmful it just depends on how you take it,

tarasan

You must be joking, argumetns like these brood the foundation for more complex arguments in the future. If you want to debate me on Evolution vs Cristianity then by all means please start. I'm debating you on the value of your logic. Saying things like "God can murder people becuase he can" Is so hole riddled its not even funny.

firstly i believe in evolution dude, it doesnt counteract on the christian faith in any way, its just crazies still hold on to the belief.

God "murders" those who deserve it, so no it isnt hole riddled, he doesnt just do it for the heck like ive been saying.