• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiencing God

Sonofason

Perpetual motion is something that is powered by itself. It does not require something outside of itself to move. Life is powered by its own instinctive need to survive. There is a force behind every living creature to continue its existence. This continuation does not stop with the individual. We have the instinctive will to continue our species by procreation. Our offspring is literally an extension of ourselves. All our offspring has half our DNA. We are driven to protect our offspring because they are an extension of ourselves. This instinctive drive to protect does not end with our offspring. From there it goes to our extended family, then our tribe or community and so on. There is a sort of connectivity between ALL people.
Indeed, if you take any lineage, we see that there exists only one life that is passed on from generation to generation, capable of embodying multiple beings at once. If evolution is true, and it very well may be, and if it is true as many evolution scientists agree, that all life came from a first living being, whatever that may have been, then indeed there is but one life, and that every living thing embodies that life, or visa-versa, however it may be. It seems most reasonable to assume that life itself likely preexisted that first life form or life forms, whichever it may be.

Sonofason

Which is completely unrelated to perpetual motion.

Perpetual motion is also something that does not exist, so i can not imagine what point it is you are trying to make.
Interestingly, I found his point to be quite clear. Life is something that a living body possesses. It is something which exists. It is passed on from generation to generation. It is something separate from a body, as a body can exist which does not contain it. Therefore it is something which is continually passed on, and is therefore something which is in motion. And so long as something does or does not occur to prevent that life force from propagating, it is indeed has perpetual motion.

An object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by another force.

mystic64

nolonger active
The only alternate explanation for your behaviour is that you are an anti-theist pretending to be a believer in order to demean, discredit and diminish them. If that is the case, it is a despicable tactic.

Bunyip :) you are missing the point!

mystic64

nolonger active
Interestingly, I found his point to be quite clear. Life is something that a living body possesses. It is something which exists. It is passed on from generation to generation. It is something separate from a body, as a body can exist which does not contain it. Therefore it is something which is continually passed on, and is therefore something which is in motion. And so long as something does or does not occur to prevent that life force from propagating, it is indeed has perpetual motion.

An object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by another force.

Life as a perpetual motion is an interesting concept :) ! Dod eat dog, survival of the fitest, the extreme ability to adapt to changing environments, and the devil take the hindmost. If all else fails there will always be some form of bacteria to carry on. Life is perpetual and it can lie dormant for milliniums :) ! And because God is patient something will eventually evolve into a liveform that will experience Him and love Him. And a new Thief will be born :) .

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Let me turn it around. What does come from God?

Everything that causes your hand to move.
If your hand does anything it's because you thought you should....or you felt like it.
Emotion is part of you since birth.

If you want to call it a built in chemical program......try.
Then I say Man, is a creation.......of God.

Genesis has report God did breath a soul into Man.
The report also describes bodily manipulation.

The will to live is needful.
(would anyone foolish say otherwise?)

That will is likely to carry you past your last breath.
Then heaven will decide if that 'willfulness' can be tolerated.
I suspect the peace of heaven is guarded.
Angels are depicted with sword in hand.

mystic64

nolonger active
How so? Acting like a fool deliberately is hardly productive. It also makes other believers look bad.

The clue is in the "rogue". The challenge is in the "rogue". If you remove the "rogue", then you remove the challenge. It is a game. "It also makes other believers look bad." Bunyip, Thief's approach also gives other believers the opportunity to look good. Defending one's beliefs in an intellectual sense is an artform and a game. Thief and others like him create the game. "Worry not what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say :) " And the Holy Spirit is the master of the game. Opportunity begets interesting opportunities and when the Holy Spirit is envolved you get to cheat because you have answers that they do not have and you can make other believers look good.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The clue is in the "rogue". The challenge is in the "rogue". If you remove the "rogue", then you remove the challenge. It is a game. "It also makes other believers look bad." Bunyip, Thief's approach also gives other believers the opportunity to look good. Defending one's beliefs in an intellectual sense is an artform and a game. Thief and others like him create the game. "Worry not what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say :) " And the Holy Spirit is the master of the game. Opportunity begets interesting opportunities and when the Holy Spirit is envolved you get to cheat because you have answers that they do not have and you can make other believers look good.
No, you got that wrong. The bible gives followers clear instructions on how to behave towards unbelievers when discussing their faith. And no, it doesn't say that you get to cheat, be a 'rogue' etc.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Procreation will happen....no matter whose ball is in play.

True, it's a biological imperative but there's a difference between procreation and being encouraged to procreate as much as you can, whether you can afford to take care of the kids or not, because "God will provide".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
True, it's a biological imperative but there's a difference between procreation and being encouraged to procreate as much as you can, whether you can afford to take care of the kids or not, because "God will provide".

I did see one documentary about that notion....but the name of God was left out.
The women of that territory have all the children they can.
The infants are turned 'loose' to fend for themselves at and early age.
The husband hunts....brings the kill to the pregnant wife...she eats all she can.
The husband and half grown children are starving.

For them it's a cultural thing.

Another community celebrates the birth of children....and more so the merrier.
The favored couple of the crowd would be the pair having the most offspring.
Another cultural thing.

In the same country, a photo was taken.....a small child in the foreground....
doubled over he's knees in a deep squatted position.
A vulture is a few feet behind him .....awaiting.

The photographer snapped the shot....chased away the scavenger.

The photo earned him an award for photographic reporting.

It also drove him to suicide.

Last edited:

mystic64

nolonger active
No, you got that wrong. The bible gives followers clear instructions on how to behave towards unbelievers when discussing their faith. And no, it doesn't say that you get to cheat, be a 'rogue' etc.

Well I guess that that srteightens me out :) , thank you sir! And just for the record there was nobody more rogue that Lord Jesus in His day. And if God Himself is actually telling you what to say, then it is cheating. At least relative to normal people attempting to prove a point. And nobody completely follows the words of Lord Jesus even though they claim to be His followers, not even you.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well I guess that that srteightens me out :) , thank you sir! And just for the record there was nobody more rogue that Lord Jesus in His day. And if God Himself is actually telling you what to say, then it is cheating. At least relative to normal people attempting to prove a point. And nobody completely follows the words of Lord Jesus even though they claim to be His followers, not even you.
I'm an atheist mate, I'm just pointing out that scrioture specifically instructs followers to be polite and share their beliefs with grace and humility - as opposed to lying , playing the fool and acting like a 'rogue' which you may like to pretend is ok but is clearly against scripture.