• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Sapiens

Polymathematician
How many times must you hear each believer DOES have proof? It is not the kind of proof that can be shared.Is there something wrong with a construct based on emotions? Can you tell us what it wrong with that? His words exist. How easy do you think it would be to destroy all his words? The only possible way would be utter destruction of Earth with no human life remaining.
Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Sorry, you do not have proof, it is not an individual internal thing, proof can be shared, in fact, it must be shared, peer reviewed and reproduced, failing that it might as well (and likely is) delusion, or at least, error.

I suspect that in the relatively near future "His" (the "His" of your choice) words will be about as relevant as the "words" of Zeus or Odin (a few paltry hangers on, more for effect than reality) are today. The half life of all gods is getting shorter and shorter and shorter. They will disappear up their own navels sooner than you suspect.

But you seem to be desperately trying to avoid the issue: "Faith in Christ is Completely Logical." Come on, make a case for it it admit that it is horse puckey.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Exactly. Going by their "logic", everything is logical, even the rantings of the most insane individuals, because they had an experience that made sense to them, therefore it has to be logical.

Some people don't comprehend what logic is.

Faith in Yashua Messiah is NOT logical, nor can it be reasoned, self-generated, calculated, de-mystified, fathomed, worked out, meditated upon or by any 'ability' of the carnally lost mind i.e. the spiritually dead mind.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Some people don't comprehend what logic is.
Or want to. I also believe that to many people logic, actual logic that has definitions, rules, and such, appears too difficult to deal with and therefore they stay away from it; much to their satisfaction and our consternation.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They do? Prove it. You have CLAIMS about the words of Jesus, you cannot prove Jesus ever actually said anything because he never wrote anything down himself and you cannot produce a shred of contemporary evidence that Jesus ever lived.

So back to the drawing board for you.
Why would I care who utters Truth? Maybe believing Jesus is real and the son of God might get me something? I don't think so for I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. Acts 10: 34, 35

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Faith in Yashua Messiah is NOT logical, nor can it be reasoned, self-generated, calculated, de-mystified, fathomed, worked out, meditated upon or by any 'ability' of the carnally lost mind i.e. the spiritually dead mind.
So I take it that we are in agreement, though we reach our conclusions through radically different routes, I by logic, and you by your own set of rather weird semantically empty definitions, (e.g., carnally lost or spiritually dead minds).

Why would I care who utters Truth? Maybe believing Jesus is real and the son of God might get me something? I don't think so for I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. Acts 10: 34, 35
Truth? You can't handle the Truth. That's why you have to lean on your false god(s).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Truth? You can't handle the Truth. That's why you have to lean on your false god(s).
There you go again. Doing what you say we do. ***-u-me ing
Your truth is there is nothing to believe in. Can I handle it? I have handled it. It isn't fun.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
You have a lot of nerve telling me that it is not possible to have no belief when I just told you that I had none.

Anyone who gives you a pat answer to the question of where everything comes from is a fool or a liar, which are you?
Haha.... my friend, you have to believe a bus will turn up, or you would not wait for it. You have to believe that your car will start, or you would go out earlier to make sure. Of course you have belief. You believe you are right, even though you don't seem to know what you believe other than the answer is not God.... haha

Sapiens

Polymathematician
There you go again. Doing what you say we do. ***-u-me ing
Your truth is there is nothing to believe in. Can I handle it? I have handled it. It isn't fun.
No, I am no assuming, I am going by your own statements. Truth is not relative, truth is not personal. Proof is, as I mentioned earlier: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement. Proof comes about through sharing, peer review, and replication, it may start with navel gazing, but it does not end there.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational

And again, you just cycle around to making the same kind of absurd, empty claims that has marked your responses since you got here. Nobody is impressed by you quoting your Big Book of Multiple Choice. Nobody is impressed by your blind faith. If that's all you've got, then let the adults talk about subjects that are clearly far over your head.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I am no assuming, I am going by your own statements. Truth is not relative, truth is not personal. Proof is, as I mentioned earlier: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement. Proof comes about through sharing, peer review, and replication, it may start with navel gazing, but it does not end there.
Am I understanding you right? Anything exisitng must be established as fact before it is believed?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
journals about what??
Typically: PLoS Biology, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Science, Nature, Ecology, Lancet, Marine Technology, Cell, JAMA, American Naturalist, Ecology Letters, Proceedings of the Royal Society Series B, Journal of Animal Ecology, and various reprints and references that strike my fancy.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Am I understanding you right? Anything exisitng must be established as fact before it is believed?
Get it straight, NOTHING is believed, except by the gullible. Nothing is "fact" except to the weak minded. Except for math, most all is but a question of probability.

Existence is self demonstrating and requires neither faith nor belief, just be careful not to get too fouled up in the cogito ergo sum conundrums confusing "think" and "believe"... you can waste a lot of time there for no gain.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Haha.... my friend, you have to believe a bus will turn up, or you would not wait for it. You have to believe that your car will start, or you would go out earlier to make sure. Of course you have belief. You believe you are right, even though you don't seem to know what you believe other than the answer is not God.... haha
Buses, good example.

Here in Hawaii buses often do not turn up, the break down and there are no "spares."

So, I understand there there is a probability that one will turn up, nothing more, and most always make a contingency plan. There's no belief involved.

Similarly I maintain my car so as to keep the probability of it starting high.

Last edited:
So I take it that we are in agreement, though we reach our conclusions through radically different routes, I by logic, and you by your own set of rather weird semantically empty definitions, (e.g., carnally lost or spiritually dead minds).

There is no way we could be in agreement as I am Spiritual and you are carnal and therefore you use logic. I have no need of logic.