• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Sapiens

Polymathematician
You have no belief?? Not possible. You must suck your thumb over something.
My question was where does everything come from. Your answer appears to be a paper bag over your head.... unless of course you have an answer
You have a lot of nerve telling me that it is not possible to have no belief when I just told you that I had none.

Anyone who gives you a pat answer to the question of where everything comes from is a fool or a liar, which are you?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have a lot of nerve telling me that it is not possible to have no belief when I just told you that I had none.

Anyoone who give you a pat answer to the question of where everything comes from is a fool or a liar, which are you?
Only dead people have no belief. You are not dead.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
As I say, to you there is not. All things are ultimately consciousness.

Does that include those leftovers from a dog on the sidewalk?

What is within your realm is no concept of God. That is your reality. It does not mean he is not there, it is just not in your reality.

Of course not. But why do you give more weight to experiences of God VS. experiences of no God?

I could say that experiences of God do not mean that He is there.

Everything is like one big thought machine, and you are part of the thoughts generated. Some just don't fit with others. So I accept what you say.... but that is only in your realm, not in reality. True reality is the Almighty God, or the One that all things come from.

In this case, I am afraid that you need to provide evidence that goes beyond mere experiences. Where is it?

You also believe in God, you just use other names. That is fine.

If you call God what I believe in, then God is unconscious. Do you agree?

As for death and birth, in one sense there is not, as we are all recyclyed consciousness and energy. Even in a physical sense atoms are reused. But there is a death of your own self, for that is what you are. All things are renewed and beging again. Eventually you will see. You realm of reality is not mine.

What i can tell you with a high level of confidence is that i do not recall anything of my past consciousness and atoms rearrangements. Do you?

Ciao

- viole

Sapiens

Polymathematician
No, that would be you. He did not say belief in God. So? Are you telling us you believe nothing?
Yes. Sure you can play the infantile infinity of why games to set a semantic trap on the question, but the reality is that I believe nothing, I operated in a reality based existence and look at the world in a as totally probabilistic a fashion as possible with a minimum of assumptions and a willingness to alter my opinion whenever better data and/or analysis arrives on the scene. Belief is a bit more pig-headed than that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes. Sure you can play the infantile infinity of why games to set a semantic trap on the question, but the reality is that I believe nothing, I operated in a reality based existence and look at the world in a as totally probabilistic a fashion as possible with a minimum of assumptions and a willingness to alter my opinion whenever better data and/or analysis arrives on the scene. Belief is a bit more pig-headed than that.
I think you 'believe' posting on forum is a worthy endeavor, or at least an acceptable waste of time.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I think you 'believe' posting on forum is a worthy endeavor, or at least an acceptable waste of time.
Then you think very little. Guess again, for that is not a belief I hold nor a thought that I have.

But we are straying far from the topic. You are supposed to advancing the oxymoron that "Faith in Christ is Completely Logical." I guess you've given that up as a lost cause?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then you think very little. Guess again, for that is not a belief I hold nor a thought that I have.

But we are straying far from the topic. You are supposed to advancing the oxymoron that "Faith in Christ is Completely Logical." I guess you've given that up as a lost cause?
To be putting faith in an indestructable leader for World peace is logical. Enough is known about the way he leads that he does not need to be real. Does he?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
To be putting faith in an indestructable leader for World peace is logical.
Faith, in this context, is a strong belief in God or in the doctrines of your religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. That is clearly an emotional rather than a logical construct.
Enough is known about the way he leads that he does not need to be real. Does he?
To be indestructible, or to lead, he must exist, else he is just another pipe dream, something that is also, by definition, illogical.

Come on guys, lets see something that actually argues for the claim: Faith in Christ is Completely Logical. You're not doing very well.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Faith, in this context, is a strong belief in God or in the doctrines of your religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
How many times must you hear each believer DOES have proof? It is not the kind of proof that can be shared.
That is clearly an emotional rather than a logical construct.
Is there something wrong with a construct based on emotions? Can you tell us what it wrong with that?
To be indestructible, or to lead, he must exist, else he is just another pipe dream, something that is also, by definition, illogical.

Come on guys, lets see something that actually argues for the claim: Faith in Christ is Completely Logical. You're not doing very well
His words exist. How easy do you think it would be to destroy all his words? The only possible way would be utter destruction of Earth with no human life remaining.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
To say that everything is an evolving consciousness is not an assumption... even if it appears like that to you. Though now we know your position: You don't know. But if you don't know, how can you say we are wrong? Make your mind up. I suppose it is ''Naturaldidit''... haha
I make no claim as to how it happened.
Your need to strawman everything said to you reveals more about you than what you reply to.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
How many times must you hear each believer DOES have proof? It is not the kind of proof that can be shared.Is there something wrong with a construct based on emotions? Can you tell us what it wrong with that? His words exist. How easy do you think it would be to destroy all his words? The only possible way would be utter destruction of Earth with no human life remaining.

They do? Prove it. You have CLAIMS about the words of Jesus, you cannot prove Jesus ever actually said anything because he never wrote anything down himself and you cannot produce a shred of contemporary evidence that Jesus ever lived.

So back to the drawing board for you.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That only shows you lack in ability to think cognitively. We do not fully understand dark matter but that does not stop scientists developing ideas on what is also known as the "God Particle"
Your need to replace "I don't know" with "god did it" says more about you than it does about me.

Like I said, I am comfortable with the truth of the matter "I do not know".
I am not the one who needs to stuff god where I can stuff him.