• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
Being appointed jester has gone clear to his head.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. You may be 64 years in age but you have the mentality of a 64 month old child. You claim to be an intellectual scientist but then write puerile trash like this. Grow up man and act your age.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
But I am not claiming anything, as you are doing with the 5-headed unicorn. My request has nothing to do with my personal belief in God. I am giving you a jig saw puzzle and I am asking you to complete it to see if the finished picture is true or false. Thus far all I am hearing is excuses not to do it, or to be incapable of doing it.

When I buy a workshop manual to remove the engine of my car I have to invest faith in the author. By looking at the instruction I can tell if the authors instructions are authentic and by following the instructions I will know for a surity if they are rational and logical. I have now taken that engine out and replaced it successfully because I followed those instructions. All I am asking is whether you can see any discrepancies in the instructions. I am not asking you to take the engine out of your car. I have not given you my experience of using the manual, until now, either, because Liam asking for unbiased scrutiny of the workshop manual to see if there are any discrepancies.

Wrong.
You are claiming that there is a 'Christ'. A supernatural deity. I want YOU to complete the puzzle for me...

You can invest faith in the author because the workshop manual would have had to have been approved by the company publishing the manuual, and the fact that the author, of course, was a real person, unlike this so called Christ..

Serenity7855

Wrong.
You are claiming that there is a 'Christ'. A supernatural deity. I want YOU to complete the puzzle for me...

No, I have made no such claim, although I do know that there is a Christ. I cannot complete the puzzle for you, only you can do that, however, I can tell you that the finished picture is stupendous and mesmerizing to behold. Worth the effort of locating the pieces and inserting them in the puzzle.

You can invest faith in the author because the workshop manual would have had to have been approved by the company publishing the manuual, and the fact that the author, of course, was a real person, unlike this so called Christ..

I know far less about the author then I do about Christ. The leap of faith is far greater and I cannot tell anyone that it works until I try it by following the instructions.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
No, I have made no such claim, although I do know that there is a Christ. I cannot complete the puzzle for you, only you can do that, however, I can tell you that the finished picture is stupendous and mesmerizing to behold. Worth the effort of locating the pieces and inserting them in the puzzle.

I know far less about the author then I do about Christ. The leap of faith is far greater and I cannot tell anyone that it works until I try it by following the instructions.

But you are assuming there is a Christ, and that the first step of proving there is a Christ should be skipped.
Which, in my opinion, is unfair and not reasonable.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Not likely.
I really haven't the time or interest to spend doing nothing by demonstrating how poorly you count, if memory serves this is the sixth. I'll leave that to someone else to pin down.

I am happy that you are, I might point out that the more demented a person is the more comfortable they are with their own position. You and Charlie Manson seem to be sharing that berth. You're welcome ... to it.
Personal attacks equals no answers i think

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think Christ means leader. Are you for anarchy? No? Then you have a leader. We don't like any of the leaders here on Earth so we shall go with Christ. I should prove Christ leads me? And maybe you don't need to prove you are not an anarchist?

Robert.Evans

I understand that you cannot grasp the meaning of "I don't know", therefore you shove god in to fill the blank, however, I am not so needy for an answer that I will stuff anything in just to have something other than "I don't know" to say when asked.
If you don't know you can't say God is wrong can you.

Robert.Evans

Like I said, a simple "no" would have sufficed, now you've got everybody wondering just what flavor homophobe you are. Ah well ... you buttered your own bed, I guess now you have to lie in it.

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the 'and of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.
I thought the saying was ''made' your own bed. Who would want to ''butter it''?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you don't know you can't say God is wrong can you.
And yet again you try putting words in my mouth...

So once again I will flat out ask you to provide a link to the post where I said god did not do it.
Not a post where you make that assumption, but a post where I actually stated it.

Otherwise, quit lying about what I have and have not said.

Serenity7855

But you are assuming there is a Christ, and that the first step of proving there is a Christ should be skipped.
Which, in my opinion, is unfair and not reasonable.

I never assume that there is a Christ, that is something that I know. Christ plays a crucial and central role in the plan of redemption, that is true, however, my request was for someone to fault it. That Christ plays a major part in it is irrelevant. It is the overall plan that I believe cannot be faulted.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
If you could easily summarize the conventional Christian plan of redemption in a few sentences then it is not the genuine thing. Just the creation would take a great deal more then that. You got it right though, it is my version as it effects me and, therefore, it is not some guile churned up and spewed out by a denominational representative for the gullible congregationalist to swallow. Everything that I believe in is contained within the scriptures for everyone to read. If it ain't there, like the trinity or God incarnate, then I don't believe it. Do you believe in the trinity?

I apologise for calling you an atheist if you are not, it is just that you have that same mean attitude that an atheist does
Sorry if I am coming across as mean. I am really a very nice person IRL (usually). But I've been doing this--posting in forums/message boards--for more than a dozen years and my patience for what I perceive to be BS grows thinner every day. I am intensely interested in truth and whether or not any belief I hold can survive the crucible of rational critique and I am really not interested in debating people who are not willing to do the same.

The more you say the more it is clear you hold unconventional views in contrast to most other Christians. It is really impossible to try to refute something you believe if we don't understand clearly what that is.

And yes, I believe in the trinity in a manner of speaking.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I never assume that there is a Christ, that is something that I know. Christ plays a crucial and central role in the plan of redemption, that is true, however, my request was for someone to fault it. That Christ plays a major part in it is irrelevant. It is the overall plan that I believe cannot be faulted.
Your Kent Hovind Challenge is interesting, but it is nothing more than pigeon chess.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I think Christ means leader. Are you for anarchy? No? Then you have a leader. We don't like any of the leaders here on Earth so we shall go with Christ. I should prove Christ leads me? And maybe you don't need to prove you are not an anarchist?
Why would any of us care if he is, or is not, an anarchist? That's just an ad hominem in any case, you are attacking the person by painting him with a term that you dislike rather than by coming to grips with his idea(s).

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. You may be 64 years in age but you have the mentality of a 64 month old child. You claim to be an intellectual scientist but then write puerile trash like this. Grow up man and act your age.
Keep your bones it's your ideas that I like to see broken. The problem is that you put so few coherent ones up there.