• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
Dude! You need to go back and read your own posts, and the things YOU have been saying to people whom don't agree with you.

No I don't. This Antichrist always draws first blood and care little when doing it. He is a blight on the forum and when I expose him as such we get his buddies crawling out of the woodwork in his defence and contributing nothing to the OP.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No I don't. This Antichrist always draws first blood and care little when doing it. He is a blight on the forum and when I expose him as such we get his buddies crawling out of the woodwork in his defence and contributing nothing to the OP.

He is not the only one you have been saying things to.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Wow, I've done a lot of things in my life. I've lived underwater, trained Killer Whales, written over fifty scientific papers, founded several professional societies, and just tonight I broke new ground in two areas, these are FIRSTS:

1) I am proud to announce that I just informed that I have been awarded the "Seriously Likeable!" Trophy by this site, religiousforums.com.

2) I am proud to announce that I just informed that Serenety7855 has anointed me, "Anti-Christ."

I want to thank my parents, my wife, my son, my daughter, the other members of my tight-knit family and all the little people who contributed to my capturing these two signal honors. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Wow, I've done a lot of things in my life. I've lived underwater, trained Killer Whales, written over fifty scientific papers, founded several professional societies, worked with astronauts from every NASA program from Mercury through the Shuttle, when Sylvia Earle needed an expert to teach Fred Rogers how to dive ... I was her first choice, and just tonight broke new ground in two areas, these are FIRSTS:

1) I am proud to announce that I just informed that I have been awarded the "Seriously Likeable! Trophy" by this very site, the honorable and highly respected religiousforums.com.

2) I am proud to announce that I was just informed that Serenety7855 has anointed me, "The Anti-Christ," and admitted to losing some blood. But don't be concerned, it's just a flesh wound.

I want to thank my parents, my wife, my son, my daughter, the other members of my tight-knit family and all the little people who contributed to my capturing these two signal honors. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:

Serenity7855

He is not the only one you have been saying things to.

Well don't make idol accusations then, expose me or report me, but for heaven sakes, stop the false assertions and contribute to the thread instead of critiquing me.

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I am rather amused by that epithet, seeing as how I am rather fully conversant with your beliefs, claims and "supporting" rationalizations. You on the other hand know about as much about science as may be written in a matchbook cover in a rather large font. Who is blind? That data would argue tis you and yours.
How big's the matchbox? Haha.. Ok.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Wow, I've done a lot of things in my life. I've lived underwater, trained Killer Whales, written over fifty scientific papers, founded several professional societies, worked with astronauts from every NASA program from Mercury through the Shuttle, when Sylvia Earle needed an expert to teach Fred Rogers how to dive ... I was her first choice, and just tonight broke new ground in two areas, these are FIRSTS:

1) I am proud to announce that I just informed that I have been awarded the "Seriously Likeable! Trophy" by this very site, the honorable and highly respected religiousforums.com.

2) I am proud to announce that I was just informed that Serenety7855 has anointed me, "The Anti-Christ," and admitted to losing some blood. But don't be concerned, it's just a flesh wound.

Wow! Clever man... don't forget to add bragging haha.

Serenity7855

Sorry, new to this forum. You must forgive me.

You speak of a physical death "that all people will be saved from" "by the grace of God."

Yes, that is correct.

You mentioned before, as requested by me, defining faith and then claim that "faith is manifested in a life of obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel and service to Christ."

No, I said obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel and service to Christ comes as a result of faith. Why would you want to follow the teachings of the savior if you did not have faith in him.

"Faith", as you have defined it, " becomes belief for you.

There is a fine line between faith and belief but belief always supercedes faith.

You no longer have faith

When you have a perfect knowledge then faith dissapears but when do you ever have a perfect knowledge sufficient to dispelled faith.

Faith is unconditional.

No, faith is conditional on your desires. If, like many atheists here, you could not care less if god exists then faith is a non-starter. Only when you have a belief in christ can you exercise faith in Christ.

One does not have faith because of what they believe.

Yes, they do. Belief is necessary to develops faith.

God, in man's perception is perfect, infinite and yet man is imperfect, finite.

Yes, that is true, but only the body is finite. We continue to exist.

How is it then that your belief system throws out faith for human understanding of something that requires faith, not belief?

My belief system does not throw out faith.

How is it that you know what only God knows?

I don't

Your salvation is dependent on the grace of God.

Yes it is

You mentioned the death and resurrection of Jesus and you call him the Christ.

That is true

And yet, you say all this because you believe. Where is your faith.

To believe is not to have a perfect knowledge. My faith is still very much there.

What laws? What obedience? Oh, you mean to say that all that the Bible says in regards to laws

Yes

I know you did not mention the OT and deferred to the NT but again, if you go by the NT to determine what obedience is then you defer to a belief system again and forsake your faith.

No, thy coexist.

Yes, it is hard to just have faith. All that learning is just a belief system.

They are synonymous
You still have not defined what salvation is.

Yes I have, check my post.[/QUOTE]

Sapiens

Polymathematician
How big's the matchbox? Haha.. Ok.
That's matchBOOK not matchBOX. Lost your reading glasses?

Wow! Clever man... don't forget to add bragging haha.
Sorry, it's just so exciting, I've never made it to Anti-Christ before!

You and me 'round about midnight
Someone's got to draw first blood [...]
Oooh I got to draw first blood. - Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Well don't make idol accusations then, expose me or report me, but for heaven sakes, stop the false assertions and contribute to the thread instead of critiquing me.
An "idol accusation" is that where someone is accused of being "stone faced?" How about a "False Idol Accusation" or maybe confusion with Eric Idle of Monty Python.

"Faith as the state of being grasped by an ultimate was distorted and became the belief in doctrine. Thus faith as the reception of the message that one is accepted became a proposition for intellectual affirmation. But the demand for such an affirmation cannot help raising further questions. Do I really believe? Is not my belief a transitory suppression of doubt and of cognitive honesty? And, if I do not really believe, is my salvation lost? The terrible inner struggles between the will to be honest and the will to be saved show the failure of doctrinal self-salvation." Systematic Theology, Paul Tillich, Vol. II, p. 85.

Paul Tillich's Dynamics of Faith

"Faith then gives us a sort of knowledge, for when we believe, our minds assent to something knowable; but not to something we see but to something he whom we believe sees. Faith falls short of understanding, for a mind that understands assents to what it itself sees in the light of the first premises of understanding." Summa Theologiae, A Concise Translation, Thomas Aquinas, Vol. 3, 29, edited by Timothy McDermott, p. 29.

New International Version
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Faith
What Is the Meaning of Faith?
"Definition:Faith is belief with strong conviction; firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof;"

What Is Faith in the Bible?

Faith is not dependent on a belief. As soon as you identify your faith with a religion you are speaking of a belief. A belief is conditioned on what you know; what you learn from a religion.

Faith is unconditional.

Serenity7855

LOL! Apparently you haven't noticed the others saying the same thing!

Oh come on. I expect no different from them. They are either failed Christians or antitheists. I certainly do not expect any other behaviour then pack behaviour from you and your buddies.

Last edited: