• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
They may, privately, believe any sort of tripe that they desire, I don't care, I have no issue with that. But when they take it out into the agora, when it threatens the future of the planet, when it attempts to warp the way future generations think, I have a right to demand that they justify their beliefs with something more than "I believe" or "it could be" or "you can't prove that is isn't so."
We might also say when you take out you atom b-mbs and chemical warfare and drugs and Thalidomide children, we have a right to question you. Seems your doorstep is just as unclean as ours, except you do it on a bigger scale eh

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But the point is, you come out of the room with a Rolex..... yet there was nothing in there. Don't you see the problem? That was the crux of his argumentc
Right. The 'empty room' supposedly produces the rolex. That's wilder than creationism any day. Seems like they are in the wrong field, I think you are correct.

Robert.Evans

OK.

Due to the complete absence of any objective or rationale evidence of there every having been a god, I propose the hypothesis that no god exists or has ever existed. Arguments from ignorance will be summarily dismissed.

Please falsify if you are able.
There is plenty of evidence, but you seem to dismiss it. Hard to enact out someone's life again isn't it, and proving nothing anyway... so your worldly materialistic argument is safe. But you already know that it is spiritually discerned, so why keep asking? Why keep asking the same question? You ask for evidence, we give it, you dismiss it. You keep in your safe place, the material mind. You won't find the answer there, and you know it, so why keep asking? The reason is simple, if you accept what we tell you about our subject, you have no argument. I think that is what bothers you most doesn't it. You argue against something you can't argue against, so make up arguments which are false, strawmen

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
No, you, Robert,and disciple are all three patting each other on the back whilst you take turns whooping on the "luck and magic out of nothing" strawman.

No pats, just a recognition of the same truth and a realisation that you are clueless as to what that truth is. Both Robert and Disciple are trying in vain to show you but there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Lol no it isn't. A strawman is something that is not accurate in totality, but is presented as such. Your *poof* theory is exactly that, you haven't presented anything else.
One, I do not have any "poof" theory.
Two, your assigning some sort of "poof" theory to someone who has never made any such claim and then attacking it is text book strawman.

Your use of the strawman after it being repeated pointed out to you is dishonest.
Your denial of the strawman makes you either ignorant or even more dishonest.

Seems there is no way to have a productive discussion on this topic with you.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No pats, just a recognition of the same truth and a realisation that you are clueless as to what that truth is. Both Robert and Disciple are trying in vain to show you but there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
It would be most helpful if you three would stop being so dishonest with your "truth"

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Two, your assigning some sort of "poof" theory to someone who has never made any such claim and then attacking it is text book strawman.

Your use of the strawman after it being repeated pointed out to you is dishonest.

Ok so no theory? Like a 'mystery' theory that I don't get to argue against? Seriously? And you're the one talking about productive discussions?

Robert.Evans

Very sorry though that your thread is in tatters. :( All I can do is answer their remarks, and their remarks always come.

Robert.Evans

Paper bag then. Go for the delux model if I were you... holes at the front remember..haha