• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
So, the suggestion that I am hearing voices in my head, and assigning personalities to them, is not an indication that i might be schizophrenic, or similar. I should not try and defend that, is that what you are telling me. If you are, then I would have to disagree with you.
No, what I am telling you is that having an inner voice is not the same as "hearing voices," and you shouldn't switch them to pretend you're being attacked when you're JUST not. Which is why I said that was obviously not what HE said.

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
No I don't think Christians generally suffer schizophrenia with some exceptions when things get too far out of hand. Everyone has that inner voice in varying degrees, and it's not unusual to adopt a persona to it. Remember, I was a Christian once and viewed it as being the Holy Spirit just as you do.

There simply came a time where I just no longer saw any real distinction that can be made as far as inner voices go, and of what is perceived to be the voice of the Holy Spirit that would set things apart other than emotional preferences, which to me, wasn't enough to convince that any deity was actually there guiding and directing. Rather it was the normal and natural function of the brain.

It seems all to apparent to me, by the content of your post, that you are not familiar with what the Holy Ghost is. The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a Personage of Spirit, a Spirit Person, a Spirit Man, a Spirit Entity. He can be in only one place at one time and he does not and cannot transform himself into any other form or image than that of the Man whom he is, though his power and influence can be manifest at one and the same time through all immensity. He is the Comforter, Testator, Revelator, Sanctifier, Holy Spirit, Holy Spirit of Promise, Spirit of Truth, Spirit of the Lord, and Messenger of the Father and the Son, and his companionship is the greatest gift that mortal man can enjoy. His mission is to perform all of the functions appertaining to the various name-titles which he bears.

Most importantly here, he is an influence. That means that if you heard him as a voice then the voice was all yours. He communicates using concepts, feelings and emotions, which is why his communications are so super fast. His influence fills the immensity of space. As worthy children we can tap into that influence and receive knowledge, even hidden knowledge. His influence can answer any and every question we have to ask, however, the answer, for me, has never come by the spoken word, whether in my head or through my ears. There simply is no comparison between voices in your head and the influence of the Holy ghost. One can never be confused with the other. They are both separate and distinct. It certainly can never be mistaken as the normal function of the brain as the source is always external and enters you mind like a wave of energy.

Remember, I was a Christian once and viewed it as being the Holy Spirit just as you do.

No, you were never a Christian. If you were converted by the Holy Ghost, testifying to your soul, then you would still be a Christian today. There is no going back. It is a virtual impossibility to deny the influence of the Holy Ghost once experienced. Secondly, I know that voices in my head is not the Holy Ghost. I would worry that I was a schizophrenic if I started hearing voices. The Holy Ghost is an influence in a conceptual form.

4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things

Notice that he will manifest the truth not speak it.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No wonder you meet so many angry atheists. Maybe you should stop calling them liars and insisting you know more about their lives than they do.

Yep! LOL! I get a kick out of these Christians that claim you were never a Christian - if you leave Christianity. - Rather then acknowledging that once we thoroughly studied the Bible, - it became obvious to us that the Bible isn't from any God. YHVH is too evil, - thus made up by man.

And of course they believe anyone that leaves any OTHER religion, has left the untruth - and found real truth! LOL!

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Yep! LOL! I get a kick out of these Christians that claim you were never a Christian - if you leave Christianity. - Rather then acknowledging that once we thoroughly studied the Bible, - it became obvious to us that the Bible isn't from any God. YHVH is too evil, - thus made up by man.

And of course they believe anyone that leaves any OTHER religion, has left the untruth - and found real truth! LOL!

A few years ago i was researching why people left their churches and lost faith - reading the bible was the most common response given by far.

Serenity7855

I get a kick out of these failed Christians who couldn't live the high moral standards that Christianity demands so turn their back on Jesus Christ, kicking him in the shins and stamping on his toes as they leave, slamming the door in his face. They never look to themselves for the reasons why they fail so miserably but blame the Bible for not producing the goods that they seek. "But I studied the Bible but was told to be morally clean", they shout. It must be completely false, God is evil, without even considering the Mosaic law that they were under. Their was no similar acts under the Abrahamic Covenant, but what the heck, it's a good excuse to leave. It is black and white, if you have been converted by the Holy Ghost then there is no going back.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I get a kick out of these failed Christians who couldn't live the high moral standards that Christianity demands so turn their back on Jesus Christ, kicking him in the shins and stamping on his toes as they leave, slamming the door in his face. They never look to themselves for the reasons why they fail so miserably but blame the Bible for not producing the goods that they seek. "But I studied the Bible but was told to be morally clean", they shout. It must be completely false, God is evil, without even considering the Mosaic law that they were under. Their was no similar acts under the Abrahamic Covenant, but what the heck, it's a good excuse to leave.

lol! Now you insult us by calling us IMMORAL for not following your choice of holy book!

And you wonder why people think you are a bad example of Christianity!

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I get a kick out of these failed Christians who couldn't live the high moral standards that Christianity demands so turn their back on Jesus Christ, kicking him in the shins and stamping on his toes as they leave, slamming the door in his face. They never look to themselves for the reasons why they fail so miserably but blame the Bible for not producing the goods that they seek.
The irony of saying such things when you are by far the most insulting, rude and immoral person on your threads is truly spectacular.

Serenity7855

No wonder you meet so many angry atheists. Maybe you should stop calling them liars and insisting you know more about their lives than they do.

I know nothing about their lives, however, if they say they "were a christian" then they are either lying or they have failed, never reaching conversion. I do not need to no anymore then that as I am not judging any other aspect of their lives, any one who suggests otherwise is speaking from ignorance and making themselves look foolish.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I know nothing about their lives, however, if they say they "were a christian" then they are either lying or they have failed, never reaching conversion. I do not need to no anymore then that as I am not judging any other aspect of their lives, any one who suggests otherwise is speaking from ignorance and making themselves look foolish.
Your behaviour reminds me of the second most common reason people give for losing faith after reading the bible - the hypocritical behaviour of other Christians.

Serenity7855

lol! Now you insult us by calling us IMMORAL for not following your choice of holy book!

And you wonder why people think you are a bad example of Christianity!

I never accused anybody of being immoral for not following my choice of Holy book. That is very dishonest to misrepresent me. That is the kind of immorality that might cause a potential Christian to fail so miserably.

No one on here has accused me of being a bad example as a Christian, unless you can provide evidence, and if you cannot then you are lying, bearing false witness, another immorality that gives reason for a tragic fall from Christianity.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I never accused anybody of being immoral. That is very dishonest to misrepresent me. That is the kind of immorality that might cause a potential Christian to fail so miserably.

No one on here has accused me of being a bad example as a Christian, unless you can provide evidence, and if you cannot then you are lying, bearing false witness, another immorality that gives reason for a tragic fall from Christianity.

You are a bad example of a Christian.

I have accused you of being a bad example of a Christian, as have several others.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

He didn't say "if you leave" you were never one. He said If you deny the reality of the Christ you were never one. You can leave but a person can't honestly say it never happened.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your behaviour reminds me of the second most common reason people give for losing faith after reading the bible - the hypocritical behaviour of other Christians.

How is it possible to be a faithful Xian and then just 'lose' your faith. That seems highly unlikely. More likely is someone who never really had faith, and circumstances did not meet the requirements for them to pretend to be Xian anymore.

Serenity7855

How is it possible to be a faithful Xian and then just 'lose' your faith. That seems highly unlikely. More likely is someone who never really had faith, and circumstances did not meet the requirements for them to pretend to be Xian anymore.

Well yes, exactly my point. Thank you

The good thing about this new software is that when you put someone on your ignore list, because they are odiously obnoxious and down right rude, you never know when they post anything. There is nothing displayed to say they have posted to you and there words are removed from replies they make to other posters. It is the most effective ignore list I have ever seen to prevent the bitter and twisted words of immoral atheists. By pure chance I see that the infamous Aussie, Bunyip, has posted an outright blatant falsehood about me, which is not to surprising considering his contemptuous and contumelious history on here. He has never said that I am a poor example of a Christian and is only saying he has now to dishonestly back a fellow antagonistic atheist. He has directed many, many churlish, spiteful, vile and malicious rhetoric at my person, as he does to most Christians who trash and belie his vacous views, but he has not said that I am a poor example of a Christian on this thread. If he has then it will be like water off a ducks back. I couldn't care less about his venomous opinions. Anything he says about me can be put down to his need to ridicule and taunt Christian out of frustration for not being able to prove the Christian ethos wrong in any way.

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.

That is an interesting point. Is Yhvh made up by man. I think so. But not in the way you do. I see it in higher-consciousness, and we are the lower side to that same consciousness. It is amazing how people write things like you do without realising what they write is so profound. He is after all called a ''man of war''.

Your mistake was to understand more of the Bible and then become cast out, rather than look deeper and see the true level.

As for any other faith, I see them as real also, as I believe there are many different realities. The answer is there if you want it.... but most don't.....

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Haha... that might be true. It is a difficult journey to travel, that is for sure. But try we must!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

That was a huge part in my case.

Christians simply cannot meet the unrealistic standards set by the Bible
and it's the very fact whereas those standards consistently fail effectually demonstrating there is no real conversion taking place within people that would set Christianity apart from all the others.

As it turns out, it's the same life and living as anyone else on the planet and no different than those who choose guidence through religions such as Christianity as opposed to those who have no religion at all.

Turns out that it's simply a matter of schematics and preferences applied to as a mean to an end. Every sermon, action, and conversation every week consistently addresses the problems and issues involving the human standard, so it eventually gets to a point where a person wonders if there is really anyone who is actually being transformed and the question becomes nicely confirmed in the parking lot after church services conclude, and people continue with their natural daily lives as anyone else's in all aspects.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

If I could go back in time and meet my Christian self, I'd be likely saying the same things while at the same time vehemently denying I would ever do any such despicable act such as leaving the Lord.

Oops!!!!

:0)