• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
That is an interesting point. Is Yhvh made up by man. I think so. But not in the way you do. I see it in higher-consciousness, and we are the lower side to that same consciousness. It is amazing how people write things like you do without realising what they write is so profound. He is after all called a ''man of war''.

Your mistake was to understand more of the Bible and then become cast out, rather than look deeper and see the true level.

As for any other faith, I see them as real also, as I believe there are many different realities. The answer is there if you want it.... but most don't.....

I want nothing to do with the evil God of the Bible. I believe him to be made up by men - that wanted to take other people's land - murder the inhabitants, keep slaves, especially sex slaves, concubines. own women. and rape captives and little girls. MURDER of innocent children for the so-called sins of OTHER people! Evil! And it is very evident - when you slow down and actually think about the Bible story you just read!

Well I can't write this completely off. However there is nothing inherently demonic about being fundamental unless what your fundamental about is false. Believing fundamental facts is as right as rain. The fact Mr. Tillich tries to indict an entire category and can't be bothered to distinguish between fundamentally wrong (what can be demonic but even this is not inherently demonic) and what is fundamentally correct, is disturbing. Fundamentalism in general does not cause these attributes and results. A better but still not perfect word would have been fanatical instead of fundamental. Regardless I am not fundamental beyond having faith in fundamental conclusions which have withstood 200 years of scrutiny.

Paul Tillich
tags:fundamentalism
Read more quotes fromPaul Tillich
Quote by Paul Tillich: “In this respect fundamentalism has demonic trai...”

I appreciate the effort but it is still too much to soon. I need good reasons to invest this much time. More quotes would be better. I intended to agree with anything I possibly could just to make your prediction false but that quote above is so alarmingly inaccurate when devoid of clarification that I could not do so in good conscience.

I have no idea what to do with this. It needs context.

I have no interest in some treatise on how to define and quantify what is called theology. I care about research as to what is true and reasonable. I am not much into semantic debates as they are usually irrelevant. I care about whether Christ died for me not what category the information is found in. BTW it is officially historical biography.

I can't haul off and read a list of books without cause. I would like some more quotes please.

You have fairly surmised that quotes on Tillich cannot be clarified without further reading. What I gave you was what you would find offensive with Tillich. I believe that I even said you would reject his theology. Everything else you have surmised just means that you have made statements without understanding. I leave it to you to begin reading ( I'll not waste any more time and effort in quoting more of Tillich) Tillich's work. What is on the internet would suffice to lead you into understanding the greatest theology today. The quote that you have no idea of what it said is documented. Father Keefe, a genius in my estimation, has written the best critical comparison of Thomism and Tillich's Systematic Theology. The quote simply states that Tillich's theology cannot be judged outside of his theology. Meaning, that you cannot judge Tillich's theology by your Baptist' indoctrination.

If you dig deeper in Tillich's theology, do not jump into his Systematic Theology. Begin with the internet, move to his books ( recommended; The New Being, The Shaking of the Foundations, The Courage to Be, The Eternal Now.) That is a lot and I don't expect you to begin a discussion for years.

If you read Tillich's History of Christian Thought, you will learn about Tillich's thought process and where his theology comes from. His Systematic Theology is not historical theology, but an "amalgamation of the historical and the constructive elements". . . . "The historian and the philosopher, both of them members of the theological faculty, must unite in the theological task of interpreting the Christian message, each with his special cognitive tools." . . . "Historical theology can be subdivided into the biblical disciplines, church history, and the history of religion and culture." . . . "Biblicistic theologians are inclined to admit only the former group to full theological standing and to exclude the third group completely." Systematic Theology, Paul Tillich, Vol. I, p. 29.

I'm glad you admit that your Christian heritage has survived for the last two hundred years. Just a reminder, Christianity has been around for 2000 years. This then leaves all Christianity in question. Hence, my contention with full understanding of each denomination that participates in a discussion. Terms and words, symbols and doctrine, etc., all need to be recognized and collaborated.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Expound further.

A little leaven ferments the whole lump of dough. Jesus understood is the bread from heaven. Jesus sought is dough. People say leaven is other people who think different than the "Truth". I count that as the stupidest brain activity in the history of the sons of Adam. But that's off topic. So sorry. If an important aspect of The Word which is bread from heaven is misunderstood the whole bread becomes not Christ but man's opinion. Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees. Put a little of man's wrong opinion in the lump of dough and the whole things becomes worthless for everlasting life. And they did that.

Last edited:

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
LOL! Do you not read what you write?

"I get a kick out of these failed Christians who couldn't live the high moral standards that Christianity demands so turn their back on Jesus Christ, kicking him in the shins and stamping on his toes as they leave, slamming the door in his face. They never look to themselves for the reasons why they fail so miserably but blame the Bible for not producing the goods that they seek. "But I studied the Bible but was told to be morally clean", they shout. It must be completely false, God is evil, without even considering the Mosaic law that they were under. Their was no similar acts under the Abrahamic Covenant, but what the heck, it's a good excuse to leave."

You obviously gave MORALITY as the reason we leave Christianity!

Is that what you took from that?

Serenity7855

That is ridiculous! People whom study the Bible and find it false - then leave - are also denying the reality of Christ!

That is what happens when you try and make an academic study instead of one where the Holy Ghost is your companion. You end up thinking that you know better then God.

Serenity7855

I want nothing to do with the evil God of the Bible. I believe him to be made up by men - that wanted to take other people's land - murder the inhabitants, keep slaves, especially sex slaves, concubines. own women. and rape captives and little girls. MURDER of innocent children for the so-called sins of OTHER people! Evil! And it is very evident - when you slow down and actually think about the Bible story you just read!

What a disappointment to divinity you must be. I took a master class on the Bible entailing studying the word of God. Because I read with the spirit of God the study only strengthened my testimony. You must have studied looking for an out. Your life was obviously not in harmony with the teachings of the Saviour, is my guess. When one delves deeper there is always some kind of immorality or sin of ommission that causes the failure and the temptation of the flesh is greater than the desire to return into the presence of God. You failed, so let it be, instead of trying to destroy the institution whose moral standards you could not keep.

Oh, God did not kill one baby or take anybodies land or force them to do All kinds of wickedness. That was mankind.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Really, you think that the person with the most "likes" talks the most truth. Nothing to do with the fact that there are more atheists here then Christians or that atheists are more fervently engaged in falsifying Christianity because nothing hurts more then to fail.

That is a logical fallacy, for which i do not mined pulling you up on. It is an Argumentum ad populum. Just because the numbers are greater does not make them right.

The people I put on ignore are those who are rude, odious, aggressive, bigoted, besmirching and crass. I see no reason why I should come on here and allow myself to be spoken to in such a derogatory manner as Bunyip does, and as his ilk are adept in doing. They are vile human being who I choose to ignore rather then give them oxygen.

Actually there are NOT more Atheist here then Christians.

You want to talk about false crap - this sentence of yours fits the bill.

"...that atheists are more fervently engaged in falsifying Christianity because nothing hurts more then to fail."

Atheist are not here to falsify Christianity! They are here to debate - as the political moves of the Abrahamic religions are moves against their rights.

This is a debate site with a LIKE button - so YES - the number of LIKES does tell us whom they think is more reliable, making sense, giving facts, true, etc.

LOL! And your "MORALITY" comments, and the like aren't rude, odious, aggressive, bigoted, besmirching and crass? Yeah right! LOL!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Those are the biggest contradictions, comparing the Old and New Testaments together. Christianity should have not made them inclusive and just kept with the teachings of Jesus alone. :0)
Written by man, compiled by God.

Where is Gods compiled material?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Bible with leaven is still good for wisdom and love.

Yea. There are good aspects to the Bible. Of course I see it in a different light, but it's not altogether worthless as a source of advice and wisdom for daily living and introspection when it's well grounded.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
What a disappointment to divinity you must be. I took a master class on the Bible entailing studying the word of God. Because I read with the spirit of God the study only strengthened my testimony. You must have studied looking for an out. Your life was obviously not in harmony with the teachings of the Saviour, is my guess. When one delves deeper there is always some kind of immorality or sin of ommission that causes the failure and the temptation of the flesh is greater than the desire to return into the presence of God. You failed, so let it be, instead of trying to destroy the institution whose moral standards you could not keep.

Oh, God did not kill one baby or take anybodies land or force them to do All kinds of wickedness. That was mankind.

MY! MY! MY! Thou does judge! And throwing around IMMORALITY accusation again! Watch it!

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you.

The Christian Deity does not exist. So how can I be a disappointment to Deity?

The Bible says YHYH killed David's baby - for David's crimes. Murder of the innocent!

The Bible says YHVH purposefully Hardened Pharaoh's heart to not let the people go - so he could perform some magic Flash!

Then it says he tortured and killed people and animals, and finally the innocent First-born!

SKITZO! Don't let them do it - then Kill them for not doing it!

The Noah's Ark story would also be a case of KILLING the innocent for the crimes of the guilty.

Which is quite funny - because the supposed good family - continued their evil ways soon after landing. LOL!

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
How is it possible to be a faithful Xian and then just 'lose' your faith. That seems highly unlikely. More likely is someone who never really had faith, and circumstances did not meet the requirements for them to pretend to be Xian anymore.
Yeah -- the good old 'No true Scotsman' fallacy, must have heard that a million times.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well yes, exactly my point. Thank you

The good thing about this new software is that when you put someone on your ignore list, because they are odiously obnoxious and down right rude, you never know when they post anything. There is nothing displayed to say they have posted to you and there words are removed from replies they make to other posters. It is the most effective ignore list I have ever seen to prevent the bitter and twisted words of immoral atheists. By pure chance I see that the infamous Aussie, Bunyip, has posted an outright blatant falsehood about me, which is not to surprising considering his contemptuous and contumelious history on here. He has never said that I am a poor example of a Christian and is only saying he has now to dishonestly back a fellow antagonistic atheist. He has directed many, many churlish, spiteful, vile and malicious rhetoric at my person, as he does to most Christians who trash and belie his vacous views, but he has not said that I am a poor example of a Christian on this thread. If he has then it will be like water off a ducks back. I couldn't care less about his venomous opinions. Anything he says about me can be put down to his need to ridicule and taunt Christian out of frustration for not being able to prove the Christian ethos wrong in any way.
Telling lies about me doesn't help you mate. You have been the aggressor in our interactions.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Really, you think that the person with the most "likes" talks the most truth. Nothing to do with the fact that there are more atheists here then Christians or that atheists are more fervently engaged in falsifying Christianity because nothing hurts more then to fail.

That is a logical fallacy, for which i do not mined pulling you up on. It is an Argumentum ad populum. Just because the numbers are greater does not make them right.

The people I put on ignore are those who are rude, odious, aggressive, bigoted, besmirching and crass. I see no reason why I should come on here and allow myself to be spoken to in such a derogatory manner as Bunyip does, and as his ilk are adept in doing. They are vile human being who I choose to ignore rather then give them oxygen.
Bet you can not find a single example of me being odious, rude, aggressive, bigoted, besmirching or crass to you. Calling me a vile human being is easy, but all of the readers here know that you invent these accusations in order to avoid engaging with those who you can not debate.

Making these third party attacks is not only against forum rules, it is dishonest and clearly hardly ignoring me.