• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Far Right - German Election

Flankerl

lol the Iron Cross is not Nazi nor was it even invented by them.

The flipping Bundeswehr still uses it.

20211017-israel-bundeswehr-christian-timmig-22a3813.jpg

Flankerl

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
BTW, that eastern region in Germany is where Hitler had his greatest support. The least support came from the Bavarian region in the south.

My understanding is that the continuing surge of immigrants and also the closing of some factories, such as with VW, is largely having this effect. Maybe some others here can clarify this.

Flankerl

BTW, that eastern region in Germany is where Hitler had his greatest support. The least support came from the Bavarian region in the south.
You can't copy paste that unto today.
Always remember that 12 million Germans fled from eastern Europe (which isn't a real thing but for convenience sake let's call it that) which included Prussia.
These people ended up all over Germany.
So if that inclination to vote had survived it would've been present in other elections.

My understanding is that the continuing surge of immigrants
Yes.
i8r9t0uvekmd1.png

and also the closing of some factories, such as with VW
No the VW closing decision is literally from today.
The closures in the east were all in the early 1990s of state owned "companies" in the former GDR that went under in a free market.
The former GDR never recovered from it. There was and is a huge movement of younger people, especially women, into former West-Germany.
Which leaves behind quite the grumpy inhabitants.

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Heyo

Veteran Member
I know nothing sbout German politics. So help me out - what constitutes'far-right'? Is it simply because they are concerned with the state of immigration in their country today?
That's their main talking point, but they have other anti-democratic tendencies, so much so that they are under surveillance of the Verfassungsschutz (Office for the Protection of the Constitution), state offices as well as federal. Leading members of the party have been convicted for anti-democratic actions like citing Nazi propaganda. They aren't far away from being banned.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Thanks for the info but saying they under surveillance by the German government does not convince me of anything considering the lack of basic freedoms in that country. If I have time later I will look them up.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
lol the Iron Cross is not Nazi nor was it even invented by them.

The flipping Bundeswehr still uses it.

20211017-israel-bundeswehr-christian-timmig-22a3813.jpg
And Motorhead used it. But it's the Swastika, which is still used in India and many Asian countries today. Inevitably in throughout the West there is a strong association of those two symbols with the Nazis.
It's sort of like how Americans (especially those who aren't Catholic) will often see a Klan robe when seeing a robed Catholic wearing a capirote.