• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Far Right - German Election

Heyo

Veteran Member
Zakharova says that Russia wants to recover the natural gas supply to Germany...
but it's Germany who doesn't want that.
More precisely, the German government and the majority of the German people.
No wonder AFD wins.
Who are still a minority, even in the East. (And their constituency cares little about Russia, their main topic is their xenophobia.)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Zakharova says that Russia wants to recover the natural gas supply to Germany...

Off course Russia wants that. It gave them leverage to blackmail Europe. Leverage that they have lost today.
And by the end of the year, likely they will lose another pipeline into europe as the contract is ending and likely won't be renewed either.

but it's Germany who doesn't want that.

Not just Germany

Probably because Germany has an American gun pointed at her back.

No. Because Europe has woken up and remembers how Russia weaponized energy supply last summer.
Which is exactly what so many people had been warning about back in the day when the Nord Stream project started.
People were blinded by the cheap prices. Skeptics were warning them of the danger of becoming to dependent on Russian gas.

Last summer showed them right.

Europe will never go back to that. At least not as long as the current regime in the Kremlin remains.
These people can not be trusted.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
That's one of the most useless wiki articles I've ever seen.

So let me ask, does a person have to think ALL of those things to be considered "far right", or just a few of those things?

Historically, "far-right politics" has been used to describe the experiences of fascism, Nazism, and Falangism. Contemporary definitions now include neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, the Third Position, the alt-right, racial supremacism and other ideologies or organizations that feature aspects of authoritarian, ultra-nationalist, chauvinist, xenophobic, theocratic, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or reactionary views.[2]

Far-right politics have led to oppression, political violence, forced assimilation, ethnic cleansing, and genocide against groups of people based on their supposed inferiority or their perceived threat to the native ethnic group, nation, state, national religion, dominant culture, or conservative social institutions.

icehorse

Premium Member
I would expect so, yes.

It's also the reason extreme right in Belgium has been achieving results from 20 to 30% every election.
Every time you ask one of their voters why they for them, all you really get is a rant about immigrants.

They don't even realize what they vote for. They mostly have no clue about the actual program of these parties... how they view taxes, business, free market, economy, job market, health care, education,.... you know, the actual important stuff in running a country.
All they know is "no more foreigners" and that's what they vote for.

You can summarize their entire reasoning for voting extreme right in a single cartoon

Why do you think mass immigration is such an important concern for the 20-30% of Belgiums you're besmirching?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
The wiki page seems fine to me and I didn't see a "definitiom" in this linked article; although the following (from the article) is a good summing up of what the far-right is about:

"Al Jazeera’s Aida Duratovic, reporting from Vienna, said both the OVP and SDP were previously in power with the FPO but they do not want to repeat it this time.

She said many people in Austria believe the FPO is controversial due to its Nazi origins.

“Their founder was an SS officer and a Nazi minister,” she said, adding that some in Austria do not believe that the party has detached itself completely from its Nazi roots.

“Herbert Kickl calls himself the ‘people’s chancellor’, which is a term Adolf Hitler used to describe himself,” Duratovic added."

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The wiki page seems fine to me and I didn't see a "definitiom" in this linked article; although the following (from the article) is a good summing up of what the far-right is about:

"Al Jazeera’s Aida Duratovic, reporting from Vienna, said both the OVP and SDP were previously in power with the FPO but they do not want to repeat it this time.

She said many people in Austria believe the FPO is controversial due to its Nazi origins.

“Their founder was an SS officer and a Nazi minister,” she said, adding that some in Austria do not believe that the party has detached itself completely from its Nazi roots.

“Herbert Kickl calls himself the ‘people’s chancellor’, which is a term Adolf Hitler used to describe himself,” Duratovic added."

My bad,should be an “an example” of far right.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why do you think mass immigration is such an important concern for the 20-30% of Belgiums you're besmirching?

In the majority of cases, it's actually just plain ol' racism / bigotry and not about immigrants per say.

They don't complain about immigrants that are white and from a judeo-christian culture, for example.
They also don't complain about Asian immigrants for example - or far less anyway. Antwerp, the stronghold of that extreme right party, has a section that is nicknamed "china town". Almost 100% Asian, primarily Chinese. It has Chinese stores, restaurants, etc. The signs outside are even in Chinese. Another section is nicknamed "small jerusalem". Same story. Jewish stores, schools, synagogues, etc. They only employ "their own" also. Just forget about getting a job there if you're not jewish.
But those sections are never part of their rants. No, they complain about "Borgerrocco", which is a nickname for "Borgerhout" where a lot of morrocons live (and that not nearly in the same density as the chinese or jewish quarters). Same with parts of the city where a lot of black people live.

So it's not really about immigration. It's about people of color and religions they disapprove off.

I'ld respect their opinions if they had actual arguments backed by statistics against immigration (of all forms, cultures, colors, faiths,...). Arguments involving economics etc. I cannot respect it when it is just racism.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In the majority of cases, it's actually just plain ol' racism / bigotry and not about immigrants per say.

They don't complain about immigrants that are white and from a judeo-christian culture, for example.
They also don't complain about Asian immigrants for example - or far less anyway. Antwerp, the stronghold of that extreme right party, has a section that is nicknamed "china town". Almost 100% Asian, primarily Chinese. It has Chinese stores, restaurants, etc. The signs outside are even in Chinese. Another section is nicknamed "small jerusalem". Same story. Jewish stores, schools, synagogues, etc. They only employ "their own" also. Just forget about getting a job there if you're not jewish.
But those sections are never part of their rants. No, they complain about "Borgerrocco", which is a nickname for "Borgerhout" where a lot of morrocons live (and that not nearly in the same density as the chinese or jewish quarters). Same with parts of the city where a lot of black people live.

So it's not really about immigration. It's about people of color and religions they disapprove off.

I'ld respect their opinions if they had actual arguments backed by statistics against immigration (of all forms, cultures, colors, faiths,...). Arguments involving economics etc. I cannot respect it when it is just racism.
I love the Brussels Olympus of bankers and technocrats.
They are merciless, as usual...so they favor the people's rage...which results in Austrian election: Kickl's far right 'opens new era' with unprecedented victory

icehorse

Premium Member

Sounds to me like they don't like Islam, which seems like a reasonable stance.

And notice that not liking Islam is not racist, it's about disagreeing with ideas.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

No. They don't like people of color. It matters not if the Moroccans and alike are muslims or not.

Likewise, they also don't complain in the same way about native Belgians that convert to islam.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

icehorse

Premium Member
No. They don't like people of color. It matters not if the Moroccans and alike are muslims or not.

Likewise, they also don't complain in the same way about native Belgians that convert to islam.
So were polls done to support your claims?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So were polls done to support your claims?
No. I speak from observation of talking to their voters, hearing their voters speak, hearing the party members speak, reading their pamflets, etc.

Then there's also those groups of people that support them... Neo-nazi's of all kinds.
Even the ancestors of the party members... they were nazi collaborators back in the day.

The party Vlaams Belang also used to be called Vlaams Blok. They were forced to change their name because the party Vlaams Blok was sentenced in a court of law for racism.

Plenty of the politicians from the party, or linked to the party, also show up in plenty of racist cases. Every now and then, pictures or video's surface of them in compromising setting. At racist rallies, or in racist chats / facebook groups or alike, etc.

It is extremely common for the party members and their voters to get caught up in stuff like that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

And notice that not liking Islam is not racist, it's about disagreeing with ideas.
Well...it turns out that certain countries are literally dying to become an European Emirate...
But other countries in the EU say...nein Danke schön.

icehorse

Premium Member
No. I speak from observation of talking to their voters, hearing their voters speak, hearing the party members speak, reading their pamflets, etc.

Then there's also those groups of people that support them... Neo-nazi's of all kinds.
Even the ancestors of the party members... they were nazi collaborators back in the day.

The party Vlaams Belang also used to be called Vlaams Blok. They were forced to change their name because the party Vlaams Blok was sentenced in a court of law for racism.

Plenty of the politicians from the party, or linked to the party, also show up in plenty of racist cases. Every now and then, pictures or video's surface of them in compromising setting. At racist rallies, or in racist chats / facebook groups or alike, etc.

It is extremely common for the party members and their voters to get caught up in stuff like that.
Let's rewind this a bit. Can we agree that Neo-Nazis are evil, but not stupid?