• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fave Anime

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I've been really enjoying watching Sword Art Online. Finally an anime with more credible love story (not the "I'm shy to show you affection" crap). I really like the concept of the VR games setting and added twists.

If you're looking for a good love story, I highly suggest Maison Ikkoku. Comedy weight is high and drama is low.

Flankerl

Yeah me. They should probably establish some kind of objective of those two soon because its rather random atm.
Though i havent watched the newest episode yet.

On another note iam enjoying Ao Haru Ride very much. After the sixth episode i was so annoyed that i'd have to wait another week that i just read the 36 chapters in one go.
Very nice but i plays with your heart. :/

Opening | Ao Haru Ride

Oh and Barakamon is nice! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN9uQYwDFYM

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've been on an Axis Powers Hitalia kick as of late. Between the super cute and very adorable Chibitalia and the hilarious jabs at different country stereotypes (especially Germany and America, the two funniest characters IMO), and the comical events portraying history I've got a good chunk of the 52 episodes memorized (they're only 5 minutes long though). For the life of me though, I cannot figure out why it's rated M. I also feel it's my long overdue reward for studying history.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think, right now, I would say my favorites are Trigun and Samurai Champloo. I definitely used to love Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z when I was a kid; at least until Dragon Ball Z reached the Buu saga, then it just got stupid. Pokemon was my favorite when I was a kid because our lives revolved around Pokemon, Pokemon cards and the game boy games :D

Also, I love Cromartie High School. Has anyone seen that one? It's a great gag comedy anime.

As far as movies, if anyone hasn't seen them, Paprika, Perfect Blue and Mind Game are great. My friends and I tend to like watching trippy anime movies.

Thana

Lady
Hellsing was pretty awesome and Fushigi Yuugi is a really good fantasy/romance though I haven't watched it since I was a teenager.
As a kid, Yu-Gi-Oh and DBZ were my favourites.

I tried SOA, But honestly I don't know what all the fuss was about. I didn't really get into it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I liked Vampire Hunder D: Blood Lust more than the first. Action was really cool, except for the last fight that wasn't the best yet not bad.

As for the new ones, I hate how they censored Tokyo Ghoul. C'mon, it's been a long time for some serious action anime like Basilisk. Well we had Shingeki_no_Kyojin lately, but I hope you get my point. I hate fan service anime (I mean the serious part of me :D).

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Yeah me. They should probably establish some kind of objective of those two soon because its rather random atm.
Though i havent watched the newest episode yet.

On another note iam enjoying Ao Haru Ride very much. After the sixth episode i was so annoyed that i'd have to wait another week that i just read the 36 chapters in one go.
Very nice but i plays with your heart. :/

Opening | Ao Haru Ride

I think it only appears random as the mystery behind it all hasn't been revealed yet. I'm really hooked on it at the moment :D

Ao haru ride looks good. I've only seen the first episode but hopefully it wont disappoint

As for the new ones, I hate how they censored Tokyo Ghoul. C'mon, it's been a long time for some serious action anime like Basilisk. Well we had Shingeki_no_Kyojin lately, but I hope you get my point. I hate fan service anime (I mean the serious part of me :D).

You might want to try aldnoah zero. I've only seen one episode but it looks like it could be amazing and the composer is the same person who did attack on titans soundtrack

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Sword Art Online is an example of how not to make an anime or TV show. It literally finds ways to kill suspense and did so in the first episode. Very few animes amuse me because I dislike drama yet alone socializing. It becomes very hard to get interested in the life of a fictional character when I cannot even get interest in the life of a real person.

Attack on Titan is the only amazing anime I have seen and before that Speed Grapher.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Sword Art Online is an example of how not to make an anime or TV show. It literally finds ways to kill suspense and did so in the first episode. Very few animes amuse me because I dislike drama yet alone socializing. It becomes very hard to get interested in the life of a fictional character when I cannot even get interest in the life of a real person.

Attack on Titan is the only amazing anime I have seen and before that Speed Grapher.

I don't think I got past episode 10 of SAO and the first half is apparently the best half of the show.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I don't think I got past episode 10 of SAO and the first half is apparently the best half of the show.

Really? The first episode was horrible and i just skimmed through the second. I can't believe anime has gone downhill like this. What happen to Hoku no Ken!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm catching up on Dragon Ball. Man, marathoning that one really makes me feel just so good. It's such a HAPPY show!

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I'm catching up on Dragon Ball. Man, marathoning that one really makes me feel just so good. It's such a HAPPY show!

I was doing that a few months ago and then dropped off for some reason. It's a great show, though. I never realized it was so full of perverted humor :D

I'll probably take it back up soon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I still like Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. In just about any given episode, Goku makes me smile.
Another anime I love is Princess Mononoke.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I still like Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. In just about any given episode, Goku makes me smile.

It may not be very intelligent, but if my behavior these past few weeks during this marathon are any indication, low-intelligence with high-optimism are better for my productivity and quality of life than intelligent pessimistic ones.

Another anime I love is Princess Mononoke.

It's Miyazaki. I kinda figure that just went without saying. The guy is basically Japan's Walt Disney. :yes:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
It may not be very intelligent, but if my behavior these past few weeks during this marathon are any indication, low-intelligence with high-optimism are better for my productivity and quality of life than intelligent pessimistic ones.

Yeah, I love Goku for his good-natured naivety and kindness.