• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fave Anime

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I was skeptical for a while.
But it is good.
So is Marmalade Boy.

I saw clips of onizuka but thought it was just a good comedy show and nothing else. Having read the plot it sounds like it might also have a good story to boot

Yes. Yes you were. :p

lol xD. It was pretty obvious when
The granpa said "My poor Reiko, My poor Ritsuko."
yet I somehow missed that obvious clue xD

9Westy9

Premium Member
Finished baccano a few days ago. It was awesome. Isaac and Miria were by far the best characters :p

9Westy9

Premium Member
time for a thread revival methinks :p. Anyone been watching attack on titan?

9Westy9

Premium Member
I really want to watch shinsekai yori too. Shame I'm a) working a lot now and b) have a computer that crashes 10 minutes into every anime I watch :/

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I love practically anything by Miyazaki. I also quite like the films of Satoshi Kon (such as Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers), Akira, and the series Gantz and Cowboy Bebop.

Two series I want to start soon are Speed Grapher and Black Cat.

biased

I love practically anything by Miyazaki. I also quite like the films of Satoshi Kon (such as Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers), Akira, and the series Gantz and Cowboy Bebop.

Two series I want to start soon are Speed Grapher and Black Cat.

Miyazaki and Kon are probably my two favorite anime film directors. Have you read the GANTZ manga? I haven't watched the series but I kept pretty up to date with the manga (at least at the beginning of this year, it is now officially over from what I hear) and it's absolutely fantastic.

I'm currently watching a show called Real Drive from a few years back that is set in the future and deals with the internet being a full fleshed out VR world called Metal. It's okay probably 6/10. Maybe I'm jaded but I've found most current anime doesn't live up to the level of originality there was 10 years ago (there are exceptions but I just loathe the whole moe culture) also watching Watamote as I had been reading It's not my fault, I'm not popular and it's an adaptation of that. It's fun seeing what I read get animated.

My favorite anime series are Evangelion, Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments Lain and Kino's Journey. I really wish they would come out with blu-rays for some of them. Also pretty bummed that the UK got a blu-ray release for Perfect Blue but the US didn't! What gives :slap:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have it now. Hoku no Ken is one of my favorites no doubt. in English is is called "The Fist of the North Star".