• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fave Anime

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Star Blazers is the ultimate, and Cowboy Bebop is its true heir. I like other kinds such as Spirited Away. I used to like Bleach. I like action based ones like Shakugan no Shana or Tiger & Bunny, and I'll sometimes go for fantasy but I don't enjoy romance ones which tend to be teen romance.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Star Blazers is the ultimate, and Cowboy Bebop is its true heir. I like other kinds such as Spirited Away. I used to like Bleach. I like action based ones like Shakugan no Shana or Tiger & Bunny, and I'll sometimes go for fantasy but I don't enjoy romance ones which tend to be teen romance.
I'm a sucker for a good romance plot. :3
But so disdainful of a bad one. :D

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Monster is good stuff. It's very dark.

Currently watching Servant x Service and WataMote, and Attack on Titan.

Watching watamote and attack on titan too. A bit behind on the newer episodes though

ronki23

Dragonball and Dragonball Z

'Vegeta,what does the scouter say about his power level?!'

'Yes,yes,yes, I can do this,I feel great, I can WIN!'

'If that Android is unleashed it will be the end of us all! NNOOOOOOO!!!'

biased

Berserk. The manga is a hundred times better than the anime though. The anime series leaves out too many key elements and characters that are central to the manga storyline.

Can I get an Amen? Berserk manga is so good. It is next to GANTZ and 20th Century Boys the best manga I've read and it's still ongoing so I look forward to whenever the creator puts out a new chapter, last time i checked there hasn't been a new chapter for like MONTHS. ******* creator is playing that simulator game id@lmaster, he is obsessed with that and it takes time away from his drawing.

Penumbra said:
-Trigun
-Naruto and Bleach (the animes are ok, but I vastly prefer the manga instead so I don't watch the anime)
-Cowboy Bebop (show + movie)
-Samurai Champloo
-FLCL
-Full Metal Alchemist
No offense Penumbra, I really respect your posts Penumbra I think most of them are brilliant but FMA, Trigun, Naruto and Bleach are straight up the very definition of pleb taste. Why do you like those four? I hated cowboy bebop too and I've seen more than 80 anime, been watching since I was 13 now 25 so this opinion is not out of ignorance or lack of watching good anime.

9Westy9 said:
Ponyo was quite good

I just started watching sword art online. Not bad so far
Hook me up with some of the ganja you're getting. You must be sufficiently intoxicated to enjoy Ponyo it's intended for 6 - 10 year olds. Ponyo is the 2nd worst Studio Ghibli film next to My Neighbor the Yamadas. I've seen them all. Ponyo is **** tier. Miyazaki's best is Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa.

SAO is a rip off of a FAR superior anime called .hack//SIGN look it up on myanimelist.

Breathe said:
I'm watching Great Teacher Onizuka. An oldie, but one I'd never watched. I like it.
GTO is a classic. One of the best shonens in existence definitely breaks the naruto-dbz-yuguhioh trend.

JayaBholenath said:
Still trying to make a sense of Ergo Proxy
Ergo Proxy is one of the best anime in existence. 10/10. In my top 10 if not top 5 out of about 80 - 90 anime series i've seen (old, classics, 90s)

New anime sucks tbh

Steins;gate was okay. Real drive was 6.5/10. Another was 7/10. GITS:SAC was the most recent thing I can think of that I thoroughly enjoyed that wasn't an anime movie.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No offense Penumbra, I really respect your posts Penumbra I think most of them are brilliant but FMA, Trigun, Naruto and Bleach are straight up the very definition of pleb taste. Why do you like those four?
FMA- I like the characters, the overall plot.
Trigun, Naruto, and Bleach were ones I started as a kid and liked them, and as I grew older I wouldn't want to, say, get into them now, but they imprinted themselves as shows I like that influenced my own drawing style and story writing. For Bleach, I stopped liking the show because the art is bad, but really enjoyed the art style of the manga.

I hated cowboy bebop too and I've seen more than 80 anime, been watching since I was 13 now 25 so this opinion is not out of ignorance or lack of watching good anime.
You're entitled to your opinion. Most anime I've seen other than the ones I've listed, were not shows I could sit through. I generally view most of it as bad, and it's not a medium I watch much, so probably a lot of the ones you enjoy are ones that I wouldn't be able to even sit through. But some of them, like Cowboy Bebop, I love, and others I liked at various ages and for various reasons.

9Westy9

Premium Member
Hook me up with some of the ganja you're getting. You must be sufficiently intoxicated to enjoy Ponyo it's intended for 6 - 10 year olds. Ponyo is the 2nd worst Studio Ghibli film next to My Neighbor the Yamadas. I've seen them all. Ponyo is **** tier. Miyazaki's best is Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa.

I agree that Spirited Away was far superior but Ponyo wasn't a bad film by any means

SAO is a rip off of a FAR superior anime called .hack//SIGN look it up on myanimelist.

I gave up on SAO after Asuka became generic Tsundere and the plot focused on side stories rather than the overarching one. Such wasted potential

Last edited:

desideraht

Hellspawn
Right now I am unreasonably obsessed with Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).

If you like bizarre anime, I recommend Alien 9, though it is only 4 episodes.

9Westy9

Premium Member
Started watching hyouka. Fairly boring atm but I can't stop watching it. Weird huh?

9Westy9

Premium Member
Finished Hyouka. Not sure if it's amazing or bad so I'll just say it's good.

Now watching White Album which is ok

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Thinking of watching Wakfu again, I loved that anime and missed season 2 D:

I don't know if it's known outside of France... Anybody already saw it ?
Wakfu_portal_by_gueuzav.jpg

They did all the animation in adobe flash... It's both awesome and completely crazy O___O

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I find most of new anime unworthy! Old ones like Samurai X OVA's, Wolf's Rain, Ninja Scroll movie, Iganu Kabamaru, Takarajima, and some others.

Of the latest I liked was One Piece, Basilisk and Elfin lied.

Too much fanservice, bad character design, lack of manhood and screwy animation these days.

Just my taste btw, forgive me if I unintentionally sounded disrespectful.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I've been really enjoying watching Sword Art Online. Finally an anime with more credible love story (not the "I'm shy to show you affection" crap). I really like the concept of the VR games setting and added twists.

Flankerl

Thinking of watching Wakfu again, I loved that anime and missed season 2 D:

I don't know if it's known outside of France... Anybody already saw it ?
Wakfu_portal_by_gueuzav.jpg

They did all the animation in adobe flash... It's both awesome and completely crazy O___O

Wakfu was awesome. Though i prefer season 1 over 2. You can feel how they put at least 2 seasons into one which feels rushed.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Wakfu was awesome. Though i prefer season 1 over 2. You can feel how they put at least 2 seasons into one which feels rushed.

Haven't seen the second season yet... I'll watch the one again and then see season 2

Aaaaaah Nox :blowkiss: that awesome ****** bad guy :D

If I have some times I'll try to re-watch .hack//sign... Nostalgiaaaaaa :cover: