• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling Squashed

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I woke up feeling decent today. I got to sleep until I was ready to wake up, and I didn't have anything to immediately attend to, so that was relieving.

Put on a dress I hadn't worn in awhile. Wow! This doesn't look so bad on me. Felt good about that. Got the kids ready to go, and they gave me little argument. How often does that happen? I got my favorite pop, and we went out to do some errands, and I found I was feeling something I very rarely feel: enthusiasm.

Tried to start conversation in the van. Husband had a toothache, and he gave about as much commentary as this guy:

bump-on-log-stephanie-spikoski.jpg

Hm. Well, we get to the store, and its a little bit of a downer... so many people, off in their own spheres..
download (10).jpg
I'm enthusiastic about the crafting items I'm getting so I can make some decorations for Navratri. Husband is agitated by the price. Its fine. But, another damper.

I try turning on some music in the van; Blink 182, because that's upbeat. But I find it does the opposite affect I was hoping for; it reminds me of being young and having people around to share stuff with. By this time, I find my enthusiasm is thoroughly squashed, and I'm just nostalgic, missing times when one could grab a guitar and some friends and play music in the park, or jump in a creek, or just lay around the house staring at the ceiling cracking stupid jokes. But everything is so quiet now...and everyone is so to themselves.

I get home, and decide the dress doesn't look so good on me anyways. The stuff I picked up for lunch that I was was so looking forward to seem bland, and I'm finding for once in my life, I'm not hungry. I poke at my husband a bit in hopes of conversation, but his mouth is still bothering him, and he excuses himself to go work on the rust spots on his car. Ares goes outside to play, and Yudhi sits there watching. I'm left with the noise of the aquariums and the occasional cat squabble.

Being an extrovert in an introvert's world really sucks.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Blah. Sort look like throwing a party and no one showed up, huh?

Or a few people did but as soon as they got there they started looking at their watches. :p

Sorry George.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Strange, it seems an extrovert's world to me.

Will the end of the toothache bring a better vibe?

I think it depends on where you are. There are definitely pockets of the world that are both introverted, extroverted, or somewhat balanced. I'm stuck in an introverted patch.

It probably won't change when the toothache lets up, and that's probably why it upsets me a little. My husband was very extroverted when we met, but this place has kind squashed that for him, too. While he adjusted(though it took a few years) and simply became more of a self motivated person, I don't seem to be able to do that at this time.

Blah. Sort look like throwing a party and no one showed up, huh?

Or a few people did but as soon as they got there they started looking at their watches. :p

Sorry George.

Or, they all show up, get on their phones, and wander away...

But yeah, pretty much!

Maybe I'll develop an appetite shortly, and I'll get to eat all the party snacks myself?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it depends on where you are. There are definitely pockets of the world that are both introverted, extroverted, or somewhat balanced. I'm stuck in an introverted patch.

It probably won't change when the toothache lets up, and that's probably why it upsets me a little. My husband was very extroverted when we met, but this place has kind squashed that for him, too. While he adjusted(though it took a few years) and simply became more of a self motivated person, I don't seem to be able to do that at this time.

But yeah, pretty much!

Maybe I'll develop an appetite shortly, and I'll get to eat all the party snacks myself?

Oh yeah I forgot: nobody wears watches anymore. :p

But yeah, pretty much!

You need a few imaginary friends.

Then again I always like to say you don't need a whole bunch of imaginary friends, just one good one.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yeah I forgot: nobody wears watches anymore. :p

You need a few imaginary friends.

Then again I always like to say you don't need a whole bunch of imaginary friends, just one good one.

I guess I need to spend more time with my brother...

When I was in middle school, I decided to tell my friends I had an invisible twin brother. The thing was, I was a damned good actor, and I managed to pull this off. After years of animated conversations, and "my brother said to tell you" and fabricated emotions over supposed arguments, I had them believing(sometimes I'd overhear a conversation "Do you think she really does?") I let them keep believing, but finally admitted he didn't exist in my mid 20s.

"Are you sure?" "Are you sure you didn't have a twin that died before birth?" "Could you have been talking to a ghost that you thought was your brother?" They didn't believe me even when I told them!

He was a good brother for the most part, though. He was quiet, and minded his own business. His best friend, however, was a loud mouth with a drinking problem.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
er... phone a friend for a chat. :)

Hehe, I miss those days... I've really only got a pair of friends, and they both hate the phone(one actually has panic attacks if she has to talk for more than a minute or two). They're good people, but have very poor mental health. I only get to see them(and usually only the more functional one) when they're mentally up for it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I woke up feeling decent today. I got to sleep until I was ready to wake up, and I didn't have anything to immediately attend to, so that was relieving.

Put on a dress I hadn't worn in awhile. Wow! This doesn't look so bad on me. Felt good about that. Got the kids ready to go, and they gave me little argument. How often does that happen? I got my favorite pop, and we went out to do some errands, and I found I was feeling something I very rarely feel: enthusiasm.

Tried to start conversation in the van. Husband had a toothache, and he gave about as much commentary as this guy:

View attachment 54748

Hm. Well, we get to the store, and its a little bit of a downer... so many people, off in their own spheres..
View attachment 54749
I'm enthusiastic about the crafting items I'm getting so I can make some decorations for Navratri. Husband is agitated by the price. Its fine. But, another damper.

I try turning on some music in the van; Blink 182, because that's upbeat. But I find it does the opposite affect I was hoping for; it reminds me of being young and having people around to share stuff with. By this time, I find my enthusiasm is thoroughly squashed, and I'm just nostalgic, missing times when one could grab a guitar and some friends and play music in the park, or jump in a creek, or just lay around the house staring at the ceiling cracking stupid jokes. But everything is so quiet now...and everyone is so to themselves.

I get home, and decide the dress doesn't look so good on me anyways. The stuff I picked up for lunch that I was was so looking forward to seem bland, and I'm finding for once in my life, I'm not hungry. I poke at my husband a bit in hopes of conversation, but his mouth is still bothering him, and he excuses himself to go work on the rust spots on his car. Ares goes outside to play, and Yudhi sits there watching. I'm left with the noise of the aquariums and the occasional cat squabble.

How was your temple trip, or is that to come?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

When I was in middle school, I decided to tell my friends I had an invisible twin brother. The thing was, I was a damned good actor, and I managed to pull this off. After years of animated conversations, and "my brother said to tell you" and fabricated emotions over supposed arguments, I had them believing(sometimes I'd overhear a conversation "Do you think she really does?") I let them keep believing, but finally admitted he didn't exist in my mid 20s.

"Are you sure?" "Are you sure you didn't have a twin that died before birth?" "Could you have been talking to a ghost that you thought was your brother?" They didn't believe me even when I told them!

He was a good brother for the most part, though. He was quiet, and minded his own business. His best friend, however, was a loud mouth with a drinking problem.

Sounds like your Matrix of imaginary friends is more complicated than mine is. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

View attachment 54748

View attachment 54749

It actually sounds like you had an ok day ruined by a couple of downers. My advice, screw the downers and concentrate on the ik bits.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Hehe, I miss those days... I've really only got a pair of friends, and they both hate the phone(one actually has panic attacks if she has to talk for more than a minute or two). They're good people, but have very poor mental health. I only get to see them(and usually only the more functional one) when they're mentally up for it.
Ok so what about joining an internet forum? Although you will come across some well weird types. :D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
How was your temple trip, or is that to come?

It went alright! We got there a little late, which we didn't think would be a problem, because the temple always runs about 15 minutes behind. This was the first time to our knowledge it ever started early... but we were there, nonetheless. Ares threw a fit because the program was different(autism related), so I had to sit with him in the lobby for awhile, but that was anticipated as a possibility ahead of time.

It was nice to be there again, though.

Sounds like your Matrix of imaginary friends is more complicated than mine is. :D

It wasn't my fault, it was my brother's. He had to hang out with such weird people...

It actually sounds like you had an ok day ruined by a couple of downers. My advice, screw the downers and concentrate on the ik bits.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do, though I felt I needed to vent a little. Think I'm feeling just a tad lonely. I got some pretty fish, though...

Although you will come across some well weird types. :D

You don't say....

Bird123

View attachment 54748

View attachment 54749

The key is to lift the spirits of those around you rather make it about yourself. You will find if you get them off the ground that your will be off the ground as well.

If you are a true extrovert, this should be candy to you or at least a challenge you can not refuse or ignore.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Hmmmm ... sounds like a story I'm familiar with.
Here's what happened to us last week. Boss went to the dentist for a cavity fixin' but it didn't really help with the pain. Doc said that that tooth may need to be removed some day anyway. So 2 days later she decided for an extraction. I drive and wait in the parking lot cause of Covid. An hour later a woman comes out and taps on my window. Apparently they need me inside. So I oblige. Boss has fainted from blood and/or the extraction and panic attack. So we sit there holding hands, I'm joking with nurse attendant, and after about an hour she's ready enough to go, or so she thinks. She says she feels like puking so doctor provides us with a bag. Last thing I want is puke in the NEW CAR. She makes it through the office to about 10 feet outside the door. ... and then it comes ... the puke and the blood from the extraction. So we spend about ten minutes getting to the car. It's a cold drizzly day and she just stretches out moaning and groaning in the back seat while I drive home. Every bump is a new adventure in puke control, but we finally make it.

Life, eh?

We Never Know

No Slack

View attachment 54748

View attachment 54749

IMG_20210906_160446.jpg