• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

WonderGoon

:rolleyes: There have been millions of peaceful Christians throughout the centuries. The thing that causes violence such as the Crusades is people who condemn an entire group of people based on their religion.

Never said there weren't peaceful Christians. But you can't deny that that the Crusades were not meant to cleanse the holy land of unbelievers or other such rubbish.

Wars started by Christians.

FFH

Veteran Member
Including those who die horribly that our part of his own?

Didn't seem to do much for those at Huan's Hill. Why do some of God's people suffer from childhood disorders?

Just askin' since your claiming that by merely being a mormon, your version of God, has saved you from paying a dentist or doctor's bill in 20 years why it isn't the same for all the others.

Maybe FFH is an angel.
I eat whole foods, like whole wheat, whole fruits and veggies, nuts, beans, 100 percent juice, especially pineapple juice, which is loaded with calcium which is EXTREMELY important for good health. I don't drink much milk anymore since the pineapple juice seems to have enough calcium in it.

GOD has provided what we need to stay healthy, we just have to consume the right foods.

It's a lot cheaper than paying for a dentist and a doctor bill and insurance. I don't need any of that.

I eat unhealthy foods too, just not too much.

This thread has turned into a "whatever goes" thread.

Someone needs to start a new thread.

Last edited:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Never said there weren't peaceful Christians. But you can't deny that that the Crusades were not meant to cleanse the holy land of unbelievers or other such rubbish.
Yes, the Crusades were meant to cleanse the holy land of people who believed differently than they did. They thought to themselves, "If only this other group of people didn't exist, then everything would be better."

Recognize that?

WonderGoon

Yes, the Crusades were meant to cleanse the holy land of people who believed differently than they did. They thought to themselves, "If only this other group of people didn't exist, then everything would be better."

Recognize that?

Sure do. Christian rhetoric. What's your point?

And I have NEVER advocated the removal (i.e. killing/purging/etcetera) of any religious group, of any kind. All I want is to have a government that is not run by fundamentalists, of any stripe, who will get us involved in long, drawn out wars over ideology. That's all I meant. I'd feel the same way if our government were run by Pagan fundamentalists.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Including those who die horribly that our part of his own?

Didn't seem to do much for those at Huan's Hill. Why do some of God's people suffer from childhood disorders?

Just askin' since your claiming that by merely being a mormon, your version of God, has saved you from paying a dentist or doctor's bill in 20 years why it isn't the same for all the others.

Maybe FFH is an angel.

I really would like to know this too..Then I can pass that info along to my son..my 4 month old grandbaby has been diagnosed with bronchiolitis and is requiring breathing treatments every 6 hours ...for whatever reason..God taking care of his own meant my grandbaby went to the doctor and recieved possibly life saving airway opening medication..He was sick enough that the doctor contemplated hospitilization but the baby is dong much better now..thank God..

Love

Dallas

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Could you please explain this then ???

"Obama's home church in Chicago recently published an editorial penned by a top Hamas leader in its weekly bulletin. The Hamas op-ed justified the use of terrorist violence against Israelis, rejected the Jewish state's right to exist, and compared the violent Hamas charter to the US Declaration of Independence."

Hamas wants Obama to win US presidential election

Are you saying that Barack Obama is not a lifelong devout Christian?

No, I'm not familiar. Do you have the editorial in question?
Why would an Israel Today report about a WorldNutDaily allegation that his church published an editorial by Hamas tell me anything about Obama's religious views?

More on Sarah Palin:

"WIthin hours, the McCain campaign was under siege, as the vetting process the professionals didn't do was done by thousands of bloggers and citizen journalists. Palin's reality show family life, her vendetta against her ex brother-in-law, her endorsement of a mayoral candidate who ran against her own mother-in-law, her attempt to ban books in her local library, her friendship with one of her husband's former business partners, and on and on: this was the first major campaign event that was covered by the underground media before it reached the mainstream. The American mainstream press spent a large part of last week wondering how much truth the public could bear to hear."

From The fright begins as John McCain reveals his reckless side | Andrew Sullivan - Times Online

gnomon

I really would like to know this too..Then I can pass that info along to my son..my 4 month old grandbaby has been diagnosed with bronchiolitis and is requiring breathing treatments every 6 hours ...for whatever reason..God taking care of his own meant my grandbaby went to the doctor and recieved possibly life saving airway opening medication..He was sick enough that the doctor contemplated hospitilization but the baby is dong much better now..thank God..

Love

Dallas

"It works if you work it".

This was the phrase I got used to that is equivalent to the notion of God taking care of their own. It's a loaded phrase. What it translates into is that people who find good fortune in their life must be working it (pleasing God) and those that don't are obviously not working it (displeasing God). Funny thing is that both group of people could be doing the exact same thing.:rolleyes:

The phrase or concept alone is innocuous but the mentality that develops behind it, as often it does behind any aphorism, as a failure to critically examine.

Anyway, FFH answered. He eats healthy foods. I guess the Mormon's at Huan's Hill didn't eat whole grains so that's why they were slaughtered.

Some individual's might consider it to be unfair of me to raise such a question. I think it's fair especially if an individual with such a philosophy may find themselves in a position to be the President.

If God takes care of his own, as in allowing some people never to get sick, then why do so many of God's own die horribly and live tragically. Obviously, I expect that most theists do not believe in God taking care of his own in that manner. But many do and FFH is one of them. Getting a reasonable response more than a self-centered view of one's superior diet is not to be expected.

Another major gaffe on the part of Sarah Palin:

>Gov. Sarah Palin made her first potentially major gaffe during her time on the national scene while discussing the developments of the perilous housing market this past weekend.
Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, as McClatchy reported, "aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization."<

Link: Palin Makes Her First Gaffe

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Another major gaffe on the part of Sarah Palin:

>Gov. Sarah Palin made her first potentially major gaffe during her time on the national scene while discussing the developments of the perilous housing market this past weekend.
Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, as McClatchy reported, "aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization."<

Link: Palin Makes Her First Gaffe

Like the article, I'd call this her "first" rather than "another" major gaffe.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, even with all of the prepping and cramming that she is currently going through with her handlers, she is about to take a long walk off a short pier, in terms of interviews and debates.

This isn't going to be pretty ...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Like the article, I'd call this her "first" rather than "another" major gaffe.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, even with all of the prepping and cramming that she is currently going through with her handlers, she is about to take a long walk off a short pier, in terms of interviews and debates.

This isn't going to be pretty ...

:popcorn:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
[satire]Just remember, she's a woman, and you can't be ganging up on the fairer sex like we are used to doing with the guys.....................[/satire]

WonderGoon

My point was that it sounds like you.

Fine, you're not calling for their deaths. I guess in your mind that makes you so much better.

I think there's some confusion here. I am not sure where you misunderstood my reasoning at, but I never, NEVER said anyone needed to die.

My only point was that a government should not be run on religious values, Christian, Pagan, or otherwise. I don't know why that's so hard for you to grasp. :confused:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
[satire]Just remember, she's a woman, and you can't be ganging up on the fairer sex like we are used to doing with the guys.....................[/satire]

Hee hee.

I don't think the press is harder on her just because she's a woman, but because Palin just doesn't stand to scrutiny with her record as a governor.

I mean, we didn't have the same rhetoric out with criticisms against Hillary or Condi Rice, so I'm just curious why the worry about being too harsh with Palin - who's a tough-talking moose-killer for pity's sake? :trampo:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I was actually referring to the potential commentary after the VP debates...........