• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Those Who Believe in the Story of Lucifer

Random

No-one has addressed any of the issues/questions in my original post...:rolleyes:

If you're all going to take the extra-Biblical story of Paradise Lost as true, you have to explain how it's true and why Lucifer isn't a hero: otherwise this conversation is just inane.

lockyfan

I believe that angels just like humans have free will. what satan or Lucifer wanted was more to rule over humans in place of Jehovah god, and therefore challenged god and tarnished jehovahs name by saying that he was a liar, when in reality it was satan that was the liar.

Paradise is not lost to all though, we just have to wait and follow God's will and live and practice what the bible principles are then we will eventually get to have paradise again. but we just have to be patient and wait for God to make his move against satans system and destroy it forever in the war of Armageddon.

Troublemane

what really gets confusing is when you posit Lucifer was ALSO the snake in Gensis. Whew! Howd he do that number? I mean, he goes and gets mankind to sin, thus "falling", thus getting all serpent-kind cursed to crawl on its belly (but somehow the devil winds up not being a snake later in the bible), and fulfilling gods plan to have people move out of eden so he could renovate for the end times! not only did he do what god wanted but he gets the bad rap for it so god can keep his hands clean!---poor guy!

I think if god created the devil he must have done so on purpose, in order to tempt people. (this is how it was envisioned originally). and for this reason the devil was given free will, because it would not be possible to carry out this duty if he was being directed by god. that is, if you actually believe in a literal devil. otehrwise it may be this devil figure is just an anthropomorphisation of human misery and suffering we occasion to visit on each other, call it the instinct to hate/destroy other people---all our base emotions are embodied in this idea of "satan", but its not a real thing separate from us. perhaps thinking it is is simply a convenient way for us humans to blame someone else for our own cruelty.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In order for me to discuss this topic I need to know which Lucifer we are talking about, here is my understanding of Lucifer.

Lucifer is the personification of the Morning Star, Venus and it's Goddess. Lucifer is a 'she', the Divine representation of love, light and human warmth. Many ancient Goddess' were known as Lucifera as was Mary Magdalene. The early Christian church appropriated the name Lucifer made up the story of 'his' banishment from Heaven and later became synonymous with darkness and evil (just the opposite of what 'she' is).

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
OK. Do you agree with the details I've brought up, and do you believe the story to be true?
I believe the story of Lucifer. It is bibilical. Also if I am wrong correct me but the Satanic church even believes this to be true. I believe this is the church founded by Anton Levay. I studied this along with other religions but it has been awhile since I have thought about it.....:shrug: Not to change the subject but you always have quote Imagination is more important than knowledge..Albert Einstein If he were here I would like to ask him without some knowledge how can you have an imagination...no disrespect toward you mball........ Thank you and have a wonderful day Charity :)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I believe the story of Lucifer. It is bibilical. Also if I am wrong correct me but the Satanic church even believes this to be true. I believe this is the church founded by Anton Levay. I studied this along with other religions but it has been awhile since I have thought about it.....:shrug:

Where is it in the Bible. And No, the Church of Satan doesn't believe in that story or any religious one. It's Atheistic.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Where is it in the Bible. And No, the Church of Satan doesn't believe in that story or any religious one. It's Atheistic.
Lucifer has been acknowledged by the satanic bible as one of the four crown princes of hell, particularly that of the east.....Look it up for yourself, if it is in their bible then apparently they acknowledge his existence.........thank you Charity;)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Lucifer has been acknowledged by the satanic bible as one of the four crown princes of hell, particularly that of the east.....Look it up for yourself, if it is in their bible then apparently they acknowledge his existence.........thank you Charity;)
No, it's all metaphoric for them. LaVeyan Satanism is atheistic.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I believe the story of Lucifer. It is bibilical. Also if I am wrong correct me but the Satanic church even believes this to be true. I believe this is the church founded by Anton Levay. I studied this along with other religions but it has been awhile since I have thought about it.....:shrug: Not to change the subject but you always have quote Imagination is more important than knowledge..Albert Einstein If he were here I would like to ask him without some knowledge how can you have an imagination...no disrespect toward you mball........ Thank you and have a wonderful day Charity :)

The story I'm referring to isn't biblical, actually.

Einstein's quote doesn't imply that knowledge is completely unimportant. He doesn't say that you don't need it at all, just that, in life, it's more important to have a little imagination, than to have just knowledge.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'm gathering no one here is viewing the video I posted in response to the OP question.
Lucifer is gnosis.
Lucifer is the Serpent predominant in every major religion.
Lucifer is the Truth about our ascension to the Divine Atonement.
Lucifer's path is the Left Hand Path

Booko

Deviled Hen
Honestly, if the abrahamic god was proven beyond a doubt, that would probably be the route I would take.

If you haven't already dug around the LHP forums you could go read some of the things Danisty posted while she was here. I'm sure she's addressed this before.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

No, it's all metaphoric for them. LaVeyan Satanism is atheistic.
From the Wiki article LaVeyan Satanism:

Unlike Theistic Satanism, which is rejected by the Church of Satan as Christian heresy rather than Satanism, it does not literally worship Satan, but rather uses "Satan" as a symbol for people's natural inner desires.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I admire the 'LeVayian' satanic philosophy (although I don't agree with it 100%), a lot of which was inspired by Ayn Rand, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ragnar Redbeard and Aleister Crowley. I dabbled in it when I was younger, but I never considered myself one.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm too put off by the shock jock tactics of its founder to be very impressed with it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There is a lot about LeVay that turned me off, too. He was a charlatan who fabricated most of the "legends" surrounding his life. And their church is so ego driven that its membership is always involved in a peeing contest with itself and a petty pecking order hierarchy.