• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who left the Christian Faith, let's discuss what you have discovered.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
According to Scripture, reasonable thought and human wisdom is not the way to God.

Oh..I thought you wanted to learn about why people have left Christianity. My mistake, did not know you wanted to quote the reveled revelation of the Bible.

I believe I said in my initial post...

Reason for Leaving
Conflicts between the Bible and common sense

Also, I am not looking for God, found God using reasonable thought and human wisdom a long time ago.

What I have found as a Modern Deist
Peace

Christian Pilgrim

Oh..I thought you wanted to learn about why people have left Christianity. My mistake, did not know you wanted to quote the reveled revelation of the Bible.

Also, I am not looking for God, found God using reasonable thought and human wisdom a long time ago.

Sure, I wanted to learn and discuss the issues too.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hi Catz,

I'm glad to see your on this thread too. Please share when you left the Christian Faith and decided to become a Mormon Christian instead.

What's the difference?

Is not Mormonism also a Christian Faith?

I'm not surprised at Katzpur's reaction.

challupa

What's the difference?

I'm not surprised either. (well I kinda am). Cause it takes a lot to get a response like that out of Katzpur!:yes: So.....

Oh and to stay on topic, I was raised in a religion that didn't call themselves anything. The world called them the 2x2's. The closest thing they came to calling themselves was the "truth". I left because it wasn't.

blackout

Violet.
Originally Posted by Christian Pilgrim
Hi Catz,

I'm glad to see your on this thread too. Please share when you left the Christian Faith and decided to become a Mormon Christian instead.

What's the difference?

Perhaps CP should begin ANOTHER thread to address his assertion
that Mormons are not Christians.
(Assuming that's a topic he'd ultimately like to discuss of course.)

Christian Pilgrim

We are sticking to the issues. If I understand you correctly, reasonable thought and human wisdom led you to find a God that is different than the Christian God. If that's what you meant, then I agree with your posting completely. I am just showing that to find the Christian God, you cannot trust in personal human wisdom and personal reasonable thought. I posted scripture to validate my statement. That my friend is a two way discussion.

Christian Pilgrim

What's the difference?

Then why would Katzpur post on this specific thread if she never left the Christian Faith? The thread topic is very specific, correct? Here is the OP again:

This thread is for those who were once a professing Christian and have left the Christian Faith. Let's discuss what you have discovered. I'm open to discuss and debate anything that seems to be your reason for leaving Christianity. I am also curious in what you have replaced the Christian Faith with, whatever you're new religion or world view has become.

In addition, I have been participating on a thread created by a Mormon who makes a distinction between Mormons and Christians. Here's the thread. Please notice the Katzpur has been participating on the exact same thread. It has been my experience that most LDS believers identify themselves as Mormons (LDS) as compared to being Christian. It is also my understanding that Mormons consider Christians to be apostate.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...7-why-dont-christians-accept-book-mormon.html

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Then why would Katzpur post on this specific thread if she never left the Christian Faith? The thread topic is very specific, correct? Here is the OP again:

In addition, I have been participating on a thread created by a Mormon who makes a distinction between Mormons and Christian. Here's the thread. Please notice the Katzpur has been participating on the exact same thread.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...7-why-dont-christians-accept-book-mormon.html

We don't HAVE to have ever left the Christian faith to post here, and I think Katzpur considers herself a part of the faith.

I was never a member of the Christian faith, for example.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
We are sticking to the issues. If I understand you correctly, reasonable thought and human wisdom led you to find a God that is different than the Christian God. If that's what you meant, then I agree with your posting completely. I am just showing that to find the Christian God, you cannot trust in personal human wisdom and personal reasonable thought. I posted scripture to validate my statement. That my friend is a two way discussion.

And your scriptural posting helped you to understand my stance how...?

I also let you know, to prevent confusion, my qualifications as a former Christian, Youth Director and Deacon. As such, I am fully aware of the "path" to the Christian God.

Christian Pilgrim

Originally Posted by Christian Pilgrim
Hi Catz,

Perhaps CP should begin ANOTHER thread to address his assertion
that Mormons are not Christians.
(Assuming that's a topic he'd ultimately like to discuss of course.)

Thanks but no thanks. There is already a thread that makes a sharp distinction between Mormons and Christians. The thread was started by a Mormon too.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Thanks but no thanks. There is already a thread that makes a sharp distinction between Mormons and Christians. The thread was started by a Mormon too.

A Mormon that many Mormons here disagree with.

MadHatter hardly represents all the Mormons here.

blackout

Violet.
This was Katz post....

Originally Posted by Katzpur
Violet!!!!! How dare you go spill the beans! You big party pooper! :D

and this.... your response?!? :areyoucra

quote by CP...
Hi Catz,

First you insult her, then you take an additional pot shot at her here...

Then why would Katzpur post on this specific thread if she never left the Christian Faith? The thread topic is very specific, correct?

I take the first as an insult to my friend,
and the second as an insult to everyone's intelligence here.

Take my comments as you will.

Last edited:

Christian Pilgrim

A Mormon that many Mormons here disagree with.

MadHatter hardly represents all the Mormons here.

Okay, that's fine. But do you think Katzpur posted on this thread assuming that we shared the same faith? In light of the OP, is it fair to assume that she left my type of biblical Christianity for her type of Mormon Christianity?

When I wrote this thread, my definition of the Christian Faith is what most people would consider historic Christendom… which includes Catholics, Orthodox, Protestants, and Anglicans. Mormonism would consider historic Christendom to be apostate.

Christian Pilgrim

This was Katz post....

Originally Posted by Katzpur

and this.... your response?!? :areyoucra

quote by CP...

First you insult her, then you take an additional pot shot at her here...

I take the first as an insult to my friend,
and the second as an insult to everyone's intelligence here.

Take my comments as you will.

Very interesting responses that I have been reading when Christians post their thoughts. Do you see why Christianity and Religious Pluralism are not compatible? I have not seen such strong reaction with others who are not Christians when they post. The uniquenss of Christianity does seem to create a strong response as it should. There are so many who seem to have mutually exclusive beliefs, but are in complete harmony with each other in their posting against Christianity. Doesn't that tell us something? Have you consider this biblical text? It seems to summarize what I am trying to share. Are you angry with me personally, or are you angry with the Christian gospel and our God?

But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ. - Paul

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Okay, that's fine. But do you think Katzpur posted on this thread assuming that we shared the same faith? In light of the OP, is it fair to assume that she left my type of biblical Christianity for her type of Mormon Christianity?

When I wrote this thread, my definition of the Christian Faith is what most people would consider historic Christendom… which includes Catholics, Orthodox, Protestants, and Anglicans. Mormonism would consider historic Christendom to be apostate.

First of all, Mormon Christianity is an attempt at reviving a lost faith, not instigating a new one.

Second of all... both of you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. I'd say that's enough to consider both of you part of the Christian Faith; you just have different versions.

There are so many who seem to have mutually exclusive beliefs, but are in complete harmony with each other in their posting against Christianity. Doesn't that tell us something?

"Yes, one of the things that was very striking in the moment of the maximum storm was the way in which the god team revealed itself to be the very unified and coherent team, so that amongst the supporters of Khomeini were, to name only a few: the Pope, the Cardinal of New York, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and the Chief Rabbi of England. So it was very interesting. Let's just assume for the moment that The Satanic Verses was an attack on Islam. Presumably the Archbishop of Canterbury doesn't believe in Islam. Presumably the Chief Rabbi is also a non-Muslim. Yet it seemed, in fact, at a more profound level, they were all Muslims."

Salman Rushdie, 1997, responding to a question about the fatwa against him after writing The Satanic Verses

:)

There ya go: "complete harmony" amongst folks high up in the hierarchy of all 3 monotheistic religions banding together to agree that Salman Rushdie ought not to have written a novel, and that he possibly deserved the threats to his life because of it.

Doesn't it just warm your heart?

Sorry for the derail... just had to point that out.

Smoke

Done here.
According to Scripture, reasonable thought and human wisdom is not the way to God.
It's certainly not the way to Evangelical Christianity.

18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”
Paul always had a problem with "worldly wisdom" after the Greeks laughed him out of Athens.

Smoke

Done here.
Here is the OP for all who have participated on this thread. Therefore, it is fair to assume that all who have been posting on this particular thread once was a Christian and left the Christian Faith for something else.
Then why are you posting here?

Sorry, but other Christians have as much right to post here as you do - even if you don't consider them Christians.

Last edited: