• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For trinity believers: Does your world come unravelled if Jesus is not God,but ONLY Gods Son?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Your blind faith in the human mind is admirable!!!

Has anyone told you what percent of the things that exist humans can actually perceive?

Have you ever thought about how many times scientists have changed paradigms and updated their knowledge about the things they previously defended tooth and nail?
You are misrepresenting the evolving knowledge of science and how it changes over time. By definition science does not change paradigms. This ambiguous assertion needs more explanation.

The vey positive aspect of science is that the knowledge evolves and changes when new information is revealed by research and discoveries.

The problem with ancient tribal religious beliefs like the various divided sects of Christianity and Islam there is no change when new information is discovered. They remain entrenched in ancient paradigms.
I do prefer to put my faith in the Creator, the One you seem to ignore even if you think He (it???, she???, they??? :D) is somewhere ...

I put my faith in a Universal Creator God. God is God, and not an anthropomorphic hands on God(He or She?) whether Zeus. Shekhinah. Asherah
or the Biblical God Yahweh(?). No God is not somewhere.

Eli G

Anyone of them ... since you don't know any, you just imagine he (it, she, them?).

Do you consider your idea of a god more accurate that the God I do know?

Eli G

And again:

It is clear that people can choose any of the thousands or millions of different beliefs about almost everything that can be talked about in this world... That does not imply that there is not a reality to which everyone who sincerely seeks it can access.

It is obvious that if there is a God of the Truth in the Universe, He will help people who sincerely seek Him to be able to find Him and learn from Him, and stop being carried from one place to another by any doctrinal wind.
I won't get involved in those endless discussions ...

To talk about the Creator God we need to know Him, not imagine "it".

Eli G

How do you think you can know God?
I posted some ideas about that before (post#296).

Why do you consider BahaUllah's writings of more importance to know God than the Bible, if that man is totally ambiguous in the things he wrote about God?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Anyone of them ... since you don't know any, you just imagine he (it, she, them?).
There is no objective evidence of any one of the many diverse conflicting beliefs of God,
Do you consider your idea of a god more accurate that the God I do know?
Accuracy is not the issue. Of course, we disagree concerning the subjective belief in God.

I do not believe either of us can objectively claim to 'know God' absolutely. The many diverse conflicting beliefs in God among Jews and Christians alone is witness to the problem of the claim one can know one and only way from the human perspective.

My challenge is based on the above whether you can claim objectively to 'know God' your way, and others do not

Eli G

There is a total evidence that Jehovah, the God who called Abraham, is the true God.

He is still worshipped after 4 millennia ... Still the Scriptures that talk about Him are right here next to me, after more than 3 and a half millennia, still a people around the earth worshipping him, still His prophecies happening, still His word teaching many about all kind of topics, still giving hope to many ...

Where are the other gods?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Why do you consider BahaUllah's writings of more importance to know God than the Bible, if that man is totally ambiguous in the things he wrote about God?
I did not say the Baha'i writings were ambiguous concerning God. The God of the Baha'i Faith is a universal God and One indivisible God not definable from any on conflicting human views of God. Nature reflects the attributes of God as science is able to understand the physical nature of our existence. The Baha'is in unity have no disagreement on the nature of God.

The problem in Judaism, Christianity and Islam is that there is widespread disagreement and conflict without consensus as to the nature of God.

Eli G

Well, I understand your ignorance about the Creator God.

If you want to learn from Him, study His written word, learn from Jesus, the Son He sent from heaven... Don't feel so comfortable in your ignorance, relying only on what some men will have to tell you to make you accept the word of them in the place of God's.

Have a good day.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you want to look at nature as a way to understand God's qualities, then if you are thinking logically, you would also have to look at how cruel nature is, not only at how good nature is.
It is precisely because Baha'u'llah was not ambiguous in what He wrote about God that I find His Writings more useful than the Bible, which is very ambiguous. For example, the God of the Old Testament is nothing like the God is the New Testament, so what are we to believe about God's qualities if we rely solely upon the Bible?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Don't feel so comfortable in your ignorance, relying only on what some men will have to tell you to make you accept the word of them in the place of God's.
When you rely upon the Bible you are relying upon what men have to tell you, since men wrote the Bible. God did not write the Bible.

Eli G

Well, the truth is that you are deifying a man ... We, Bible students, are learning from near fourty men who God inspired, some of them even talked with God ...

Did "your favorite person" talk any time with God?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, I understand your ignorance about the Creator God.
I do not believe you do. You are unable to defend your one and only one view of God based on the many conflicting beliefs in Judaism and Christianity due to the ambiguous nature of your scripture.
If you want to learn from Him, study His written word, learn from Jesus, the Son He sent from heaven... Don't feel so comfortable in your ignorance, relying only on what some men will have to tell you to make you accept the word of them in the place of God's.

Have a good day.
I have read and studied the scriptures of the world, and the sciences for over 50 years, and have no problem with the reality of the subjective conflicting views of God in Judaism and Christianity alone, and the conflated dishonest arguments against science.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, the truth is that you are deifying a man ... We, Bible students, are learning from near fourty men who God inspired, some of them even talked with God ...

Did "your favorite person" talk any time with God?
Who are you referring to as deifying a man?

Eli G

I don't believe you. :p

Actually, you are just a character online; my God is being on the human scene for many millennia. Sorry for not giving you the attention you are asking for.

Again: have a good day.