• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frustrated athiest asks why do you believe in God?

ppp

Kindly tell us as to what is good and what is bad and give compelling arguments to substantiate one's stance, please??
Right?
This always strikes me as a fake question. As believers are usually unable to give compelling arguments to substantiate their stance, yet cheerful demand that others submit to their judgement.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
A&E were designed to fail. The Christian dogma says we humans inherited this sin from their failure. So sin isn't the fault of any human, but rather the system the Creator designed. To create a son and then torture/murder him to redeem the system God created is absurd. It fixed nothing. It wasn't necessary.
According to your frail human logic maybe. But there's nothing that says the original humans were designed to fail, that's just your opinion. God knowing doesn't equal causing.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
If this God knew what he was doing, it wouldn't be necessary.
But like I said at the beginning of this discussion, the Bible is a book that describes a bumbling God who can't seem to get anything right.
He knew exactly what he would have to do, what he would have to sacrifice in order to have a relationship with some humans, and he went ahead and created us anyway.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Hilarious from someone whose system has no reason for any kind of morality.
I explained my system to you briefly, and described how it's moral. You didn't have much to say about it.

You, on the other hand, have described a system of obedience to authority, which is not a system of morality at all. You can't even explain how it is moral except to say "God says so, so it must be."

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
According to your frail human logic maybe. But there's nothing that says the original humans were designed to fail, that's just your opinion. God knowing doesn't equal causing.
If God knew the system he set up was going to fail, then it's God's fault the system failed.

More understanding than someone who didn't even know that God was omniscient.
You don't know that either. You're just asserting it.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I've explained it about 15 times now.
Then your explanation doesn't make any sense, because I've seen nothing that shows what God did was immoral, just the opposite. He could have just not given us live, knowing we would reject him more often than not, but he gave us every chance anyway.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
This always strikes me as a fake question. As believers are usually unable to give compelling arguments to substantiate their stance, yet cheerful demand that others submit to their judgement.

Perhaps one avoids to answer the question as one is certain that the none-ism one has jumped into blindly and has got exposed as fake if one answers, please. Right?
Is this the cause, please?

Regards

ppp

Well, you don't know that. You only know that your god is described as omniscient.
We are talking about the biblical God. If you want to move goalposts you are debating some other religion.
No moving the goalposts. I am fine if you are talking about the Biblical god. What I said applies to whatever god you are talking about.
You do not know that the Biblical god is omniscient. You just know that the Bible describes him that way..

ppp

Perhaps one avoids to answer the question as one is certain that the none-ism one has jumped into blindly and has got exposed as fake if one answers, please. Right?
Is this the cause, please?
Nah. I have answered this question plenty of times; to people on this forum and elsewhere. And all that I every get from theists who ask it of me is a guppie mouth. They stare for a moment with their mouth open and closing, then go back to their script never responding to what I have actually said. Mostly because they don't understand that however they describe their god, that he does not provide an objective foundation for god. That of all the things they accuse non-theist moral systems of doing, that their own moral systems (so to speak) suffer from the same problems.

Right? Of course, right!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No moving the goalposts. I am fine if you are talking about the Biblical god. What I said applies to whatever god you are talking about.
You do not know that the Biblical god is omniscient. You just know that the Bible describes him that way..
That's like saying don't argue using the tenets of your religion on a religious forum.