• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
What possible purpose do you think 'forks like me' demanding the release of Hamas hostages would serve other than derailing this thread? Hamas simply do not care what any of us here think.

I shouldn't have to add a disclaimer that I oppose Hamas and that I oppose the killing and hostage taking of innocents every time I mention that the Israeli government or military are not acting responsibly.

Do you think that Israel must win this war? I do. They have other enemies waiting to attack them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Brilliant idea. How might they do that?
Have you ever read or acknowledged any
of the answers provided to that question?
Even if there were no answers from us
gadflies, your question does not justify
Israel's war crimes, apartheid, & other
human rights violations.

icehorse

Premium Member
Have you ever read or acknowledged any
of the answers provided to that question?
Even if there were no answers from us
gadflies, your question does not justify
Israel's war crimes, apartheid, & other
human rights violations.

"Bawk, war crimes"
"Bawk, apartheid"
"Polly wanna cracker, bawk"
"UN resolutions, bawk"

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hamas is responsible for what Hamas has done and does. Israel is responsible for what Israel has done and does.
This is basic psychology, therapy and interrelationship dynamics. Blaming others isn't constructive, healthy or good.
I'm not blaming others.

Let's say that your place of residence was invaded by terorists, some of your family kidnapped and killed, and then they send rockets to destroy those who remain. What would you do? Just sit around and relitigate what's happened over the last several decades?

Now, don't song & dance this-- please stick to the question posed.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you think that Israel must win this war? I do. They have other enemies waiting to attack them.
Israel is one of the closest allies the US has for a loooong time. Antisemitic bigots will never change that relationship.

The only thing Israel should do is go the route of Ukraine and employ military drones like they are doing against Russia with resounding success.

One becomes more surgical in attacks and significantly reducing collateral damage in the process.

My only criticism of Israel is they need to re-examine their eye for an eye philosophy.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
I think this question has a lot of implicit assumptions.
If there was a ceasefire now, do you think that would be the equivalent of letting Hamas win?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Excellent. Would you mind outlining a rational response to
  • a barbaric terrorist attack that killed an estimated 1200 people,
  • abducted some 240 men, women and children,
  • retreated into high-density population centers,
  • joined Hezbollah in firing hundreds of rockets into random sites in Israel,
  • and continue to use civilian hostages as bargaining chips,
all with total disregard for the wellbeing of the Gazan population while forks like you and others cannot seem to bring yourself to condemn such war crimes or demand the immediate release of the hostages?
Probably go after Hamas rather than a mass writ of execution against the Gazan Palastenians and ending specifically Hamas leaders and those under them who won't lay down their arms. That's better than invading and putting everyone in their path to the sword.
I'm not blaming others.

Let's say that your place of residence was invaded by terorists, some of your family kidnapped and killed, and then they send rockets to destroy those who remain. What would you do? Just sit around and relitigate what's happened over the last several decades?

I have been addressing questions. It seems, however, that peace is not favored and what is preferred is nothing less than the destruction of an occupied land (according to much of the world outside of America) with the mass execution of over 10 times as many innocent people.
I'd avoid the whole ****storm all together by nit killing innocent people, notblowing up schools, not bombing where I told people they could seek refuge, and I'd work with the innocent people (rather than against them) to take down those responsible.
Or think of Ukraine. They bombed deep inside Russia. But it was a miltary target they hit. Those are generally considered acceptable wartime targets. Israel, however, has went the path of Putin with an aggressive invasion that makes no discernment between civilian and military targets, as well as rolling out the censorship club to beat back opposition and silence it where they when it springs up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not blaming others.

Let's accept all of that.
Do you close your mind to...
1) The massive vengeful overkill response that includes war crimes.
2) The reasons for Hamas's violent rebellion against Israel, the
deadly, destructive, thieving, islamophobic oppressor.

So it appears.

icehorse

Premium Member
Let's accept all of that.
Do you close your mind to...
1) The massive vengeful overkill response that includes war crimes.
2) The reasons for Hamas's violent rebellion against Israel, the
deadly, destructive, thieving, islamophobic oppressor.

So it appears.

And your context - specifically - would be?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
So your stance is 'all is fair in war'? Israel can be as brutal and indiscriminate as it likes as long as it destroys Hamas?
Would you hold the same position if it were the Irish? What if the FLQ picked up again in Quebec, would the Canadian government have the right to carpet bomb Montreal?
Or if Hamas had a base inside Israel proper. If they had bases underneath an Israeli city, civilian neighbourhood, school, or hospital, and the only way to get to them was to bomb innocent Israeli citizens, men, women and children.

icehorse

Premium Member
I think this question has a lot of implicit assumptions.
If there was a ceasefire now, do you think that would be the equivalent of letting Hamas win?

Yes, I think that unless Hamas is removed from Gaza, Hamas "wins".