• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have been addressing questions. It seems, however, that peace is not favored and what is preferred is nothing less than the destruction of an occupied land (according to much of the world outside of America) with the mass execution of over 10 times as many innocent people.
I'd avoid the whole ****storm all together by nit killing innocent people, notblowing up schools, not bombing where I told people they could seek refuge, and I'd work with the innocent people (rather than against them) to take down those responsible.
Or think of Ukraine. They bombed deep inside Russia. But it was a miltary target they hit. Those are generally considered acceptable wartime targets. Israel, however, has went the path of Putin with an aggressive invasion that makes no discernment between civilian and military targets, as well as rolling out the censorship club to beat back opposition and silence it where they when it springs up.
Again and again, you don't answer the question asked, namely what would you do? Unless you're a pacifist, I think it generally predictable what you would do.

OTOH, the details could vary. I strongly dislike Netanyahu and his Likud coalition, but Israel had no choice but to respond; and if Hamas would not be removed, then we'll see this same scenario over and over again.

metis

Exactly. It would simply never happen.
Civilian deaths are acceptable to the IDF because they are Palestinian civilians - who they have been trained to see as a lawn that needs to be mowed.
And you supposedly known this how? Ever been to Israel?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That you would use this to justify 70 years of death, eviction,
oppression, apartheid, war crimes, & human rights violations
surprises no one. Tis bigotry of the worst & deadliest kind.
EXACTLY! That is why Israel must defend itself… actually it is quite more than just the last 70 years of death, eviction, oppression, apartheid, war crimes and human rights violations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When one repeatedly uses false equivalencies and childish stereotypes, is it no wonder why some may prefer to ignore him/her?
When one repeatedly justifies war crimes &
oppression with the lame claim that "Israel
has the right to defend itself", this is evil.
And it's really odd that your many posts
invoke Jesus to justify human rights abuse.
This Jesus & his dad are very nasty fellows.

Kenny

Premium Member
By "defend", you include war crimes,
& continued oppression.
That has had the effect opposite of
giving Israel peace & security.

Oh…. I thought you were talking about what people had done to the Jews and their continued war crimes and oppression against the people of Israel preventing peace and security.

Kenny

Premium Member
When one repeatedly justifies war crimes &
oppression with the lame claim that "Israel
has the right to defend itself", this is evil.
And it's really odd that your many posts
invoke Jesus to justify human rights abuse.
This Jesus & his dad are very nasty fellows.
Here are a list of your war criminals...

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.46.03 AM.png

Every one of them, a terror to the people of Palestine but Hamas is there to protect their people from these criminals. (not - in case you don’t understand)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh…. I thought you were talking about what people had done to the Jews and their continued war crimes and oppression against the people of Israel preventing peace and security.
Jews having experienced much woe for centuries
is no excuse for imposing the same woe upon
Palestinians & Muslims.

metis

And it's repeatedly due to anti-Semitism why Jews were granted their former homeland and getting roughly 1/5 of the land of "Palestine" whereas the "Palestinians" got 4/5, most of which is called "Jordan" today.

BTW, "Palestine" itself was quite artificial as no such entity existed if one traces it back prior to European colonization.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here are a list of your war criminals...

View attachment 85172
Every one of them, a terror to the people of Palestine but Hamas is there to protect their people from these criminals. (not - in case you don’t understand)
Your heart breaks for a dozen Jewish children.
But not for 7,000 dead & many more maimed
Palestinian children.
The values of Jews & Christians continue to
astound me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wrong is wrong… but “the same” - is really streeeeeatching it.
Things vary in degree & details.
But it is certainly clear that Israel has spent
70 years robbing, killing, maiming, torturing,
& otherwise abusing Muslims & Palestinians.
It's terrible that you defend this.