• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure, get rid of their schools and healthcare. What a great idea. These stupid and unfounded smears against the UN are simply to enable the genocide that is unfolding. The UN provides most of the aid to Gaza, runs their schools and staffs the hospitals. Saying you want the UN out is saying you want them to die, essentially. It's also creating dangerous circumstances for UN workers as they are being killed and the ultra-right Zioloons have been attacking UN buildings in Israel now. They set one on fire.

The UN has issues but it does represent the majority opinion of humanity on this issue. It's Israel and the US who are the pariahs here. They are even losing European support now, with 3 European countries recognizing Palestine.
The UN is a "Its not our problem" gesture. It is the cracks you don't want to fall into. You don't want that organization taking care of you, but no nation wants responsibility for Gaza. They all say no, and they all say leave us out of it. No country wants to take over there, so it gets tossed onto the people that are responsible to nobody: the UN. UN means "U Not my problem."

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The UN is a "Its not our problem" gesture. It is the cracks you don't want to fall into. You don't want that organization taking care of you, but no nation wants responsibility for Gaza. They all say no, and they all say leave us out of it. No country wants to take over there, so it gets tossed onto the people that are responsible to nobody: the UN. UN means "U Not my problem."

Yeah, now first take control of a country, then take over Gazz also. And then get back to us.
You actually haven't come up with a solution, because you can't solve it, since you are not a country.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, now first take control of a country, then take over Gazz also. And then get back to us.
You actually haven't come up with a solution, because you can't solve it, since you are not a country.
Imagine being in the power of UN representatives whose jobs depend upon your poverty. They lose their jobs if your society improves. They get less funding if your funding is used more efficiently. The sadder your children look on TV the more necessary the UN appears to the funding sources. Not only this, but they aren't even in charge. Imagine that at the same time you are living under a government called Hamas that kills anyone who makes a peep, and it (not you) owns your children. It tells everyone exactly what to think and say. It also takes all the resources funneled through the UN and decides how they are used and also what is reported, what statistics are shown. Oh, and it regularly kills people that it suspects might be moderately disappointed with it. That is life in Gaza is it not?

Several countries have pointed out that there is a problem in Gaza, but none of these (including the USA) is willing to take over in Gaza. That place has been in chaos since Israel withdrawing twenty years ago. All that is needed is for someone to provide some justice there, some stability, a courthouse and some judges that aren't pirates and maybe some hope for the population. Then the people can actually start building lives for themselves. Who is going to do that? The UN cannot.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Imagine being in the power of UN representatives whose jobs depend upon your poverty. They lose their jobs if your society improves. They get less funding if your funding is used more efficiently. The sadder your children look on TV the more necessary the UN appears to the funding sources. Not only this, but they aren't even in charge. Imagine that at the same time you are living under a government called Hamas that kills anyone who makes a peep, and it (not you) owns your children. It tells everyone exactly what to think and say. It also takes all the resources funneled through the UN and decides how they are used and also what is reported, what statistics are shown. Oh, and it regularly kills people that it suspects might be moderately disappointed with it. That is life in Gaza is it not?

Several countries have pointed out that there is a problem in Gaza, but none of these (including the USA) is willing to take over in Gaza. That place has been in chaos since Israel withdrawing twenty years ago. All that is needed is for someone to provide some justice there, some stability, a courthouse and some judges that aren't pirates and maybe some hope for the population. Then the people can actually start building lives for themselves. Who is going to do that? The UN cannot.

Yeah, that is correct. But point out a problem doesn't solve it and you have to explain how Gaza is a problem as such?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, that is correct. But point out a problem doesn't solve it and you have to explain how Gaza is a problem as such?
Tell that to people claiming Israel has made Gaza a prison. Its not Israel doing it. Israel withdrew from there in 2005, because the UN thought it was being too intrusive. Israel dismantled 21 settlements and left the area, left it up to the UN. Two years later with UN help Hamas was in charge. So Israel, no longer in charge, did what was suggested by the UN. Now this thread calls the place Israel's prison, but that is silly. Israel withdrew and left the UN in possession.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Tell that to people claiming Israel has made Gaza a prison. Its not Israel doing it. Israel withdrew from there in 2005, because the UN thought it was being too intrusive. Israel dismantled 21 settlements and left the area, left it up to the UN. Two years later with UN help Hamas was in charge. So Israel, no longer in charge, did what was suggested by the UN. Now this thread calls the place Israel's prison, but that is silly. Israel withdrew and left the UN in possession.

Yeah, that is all it is about, Gaza and what happened in 2005. In fact the world didn't exist before 2005.

Now I am all for trying to understand what is going on, but I try to take a broader view than focusing on a narrow part of the history.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, that is all it is about, Gaza and what happened in 2005. In fact the world didn't exist before 2005.

Now I am all for trying to understand what is going on, but I try to take a broader view than focusing on a narrow part of the history.
My thinking is that Egypt could take over administration of Gaza, but the 1948 UN charter would not allow this. Changing it would require getting the attention and cooperation of about 100 nations including all 5 members of the security council. Therefore all Israel can do is either take over or withdraw again, once again leaving the UN in charge.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
My thinking is that Egypt could take over administration of Gaza, but the 1948 UN charter would not allow this. Changing it would require getting the attention and cooperation of about 100 nations including all 5 members of the security council. Therefore all Israel can do is either take over or withdraw again, once again leaving the UN in charge.

Well, Egypt won't do it as far as I can tell for several reasons. One of them being they claim they want a Palestian state.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It was in response to your post,quote "Israel attacked Palestinians first. Beginning 70+ years ago." i thought pointing out the historical facts would help,it's ok though you are not alone,most anti Israel pro Palestinian supporters ignore historical facts too,it doesn't fit their bias.

Yeah, the several sides.
I am both pro and anti so both sides for different aspects of what they do.
So there is that too as pro and anti.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Artfully culled factoids to justify Jews murdering Muslims.
Those paint an incomplete & dishonest picture.

Historical facts do not "justify Jews murdering Muslims" but it is relevant to what is happening now,Palestine is a terrorist led country,,Hamas have only one intention,to obliterate Israel along with their allies Iran and Hezbollah, they have been consistent in their aim ,Palestinians are proxy war donkeys,they carry the burden and and the consequences of that aim,Palestine had a better chance even with the PLO.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Historical facts do not "justify Jews murdering Muslims" but it is relevant to what is happening now,Palestine is a terrorist led country,,Hamas have only one intention,to obliterate Israel along with their allies Iran and Hezbollah, they have been consistent in their aim ,Palestinians are proxy war donkeys,they carry the burden and and the consequences of that aim,Palestine had a better chance even with the PLO.

And Israel a better chance without the belief that it is their land as given to them by God.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Historical facts do not "justify Jews murdering Muslims"....
Not to us.
But to many, it justifies genocide.
....but it is relevant to what is happening now,Palestine is a terrorist led country,,Hamas have only one intention,to obliterate Israel along with their allies Iran and Hezbollah, they have been consistent in their aim ,Palestinians are proxy war donkeys,they carry the burden and and the consequences of that aim,Palestine had a better chance even with the PLO.
That's just Zionist propaganda. No one has ever
presented any evidence that Iran intends to destroy
Israel. Certainly, they're at war, either covert or overt.
And Israel has attempted to have Iran destroyed by
lobbying USA government to invade.
You keep pushing this dangerous fanaticism that
Israel's foes cannot be reasoned with, & must be
fought tooth & nail, with no sincere negotiations.
That is deadly bigotry. Israel should instead try
giving Palestinians peace, justice, & liberty.
Give Hamas no reason to exist as a terrorist
organization.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Not to us.
But to many, it justifies genocide.

Israel. Certainly, they're at war, either covert or overt.
And Israel has attempted to have Iran destroyed by
lobbying USA government to invade.
organization.

This is interesting,"
Israel. Certainly, they're at war"

You just did.

organization.

Read some history if i were you.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It was in response to your post,quote "Israel attacked Palestinians first. Beginning 70+ years ago." i thought pointing out the historical facts would help,it's ok though you are not alone,most anti Israel pro Palestinian supporters ignore historical facts too,it doesn't fit their bias.
The reality frightens them because it threatens their justification of antisemitism.