• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know since the Palestinians are being occupied by the Israel, they have a right to resistance . Tho they have to stay with in the international law, which obviously they didn’t. Thats why the international court may issue an arrest warrant to those responsible. But people that blame the Palestinians for the events that happening now is not oke. No one deserves this kind of slaughter not even my worst enemies
We should remember that Hamas & Palestinians
aren't the same thing. This is similar to Israel's
military being not the same as Israelis.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Yes Muslim are being oppressed in gaza and in the West Bank. This is confirmed by multiple international agencies and every sensible person can see that.
Hamas is backed by Iran. Hamas built a multi-billion-dollar war machine to attack Israel, after Israel gave them Gaza. That doesn't sound very "oppressed" to me. It sounds like Jihadis and Islamists pursuing the idea that no Jews should live in the ME. Please recall that Jews have been living in the ME for thousands of years. There are now virtually no Jews in the ME except in Israel.

Tell me again how oppressed Muslims in the ME are?

Redneck Mystic

What’s going on in Gaza is horrific.
The “good Catholic” President Biden keeps sending Israel money and the weapons it needs to keep obliterating Gaza and killing, maiming, battle-shocking, displacing and/or starving around 2,000,000 civilian men, women and children.
I wonder if Gaza’s surviving civilians wish Hamas had not launched the October 7, 2023 attack, because Hamas seems to have zero concern for the civilians in Gaza and uses its October 7 hostages to bargain for the release of Hamas’s people in Israel prisons?
It looks to me that when Hamas’s war strategist Yahya Sinwar spent many years in an Israel prison, he figured out how israel’s psyche worked, and Hamas could not beat and America-backed Israel, and he came up with an attack that would provoke Israel to respond as it has responded in Gaza, to turn the entire world against israel and America.
I have many discussions online and in person with people about Gaza, and my take is Americans who back Israel in that war, do it because their Bible says God promised land in Palestine to the Israelites, and Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem at the behest of Jewish leaders, and they want Israel to protect where Jesus was born, roamed and was killed at the behest of Jewish leaders.
Donald Trump has said he is Israel’s best friend.
If President Biden were to cut off all money and weapons to Israel, Trump would win by a landslide this November.
Perhaps American Christians, who back Israel’s war in Gaza, should ask themselves how Jesus feels about that war? I can’t imagine he would Applaud that war.
Nor can I imagine God would applaud that war.
Nor can Imagine Allah would applaud the October 7 raid

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have many discussions online and in person with people about Gaza, and my take is Americans who back Israel in that war, do it because their Bible says God promised land in Palestine to the Israelites, and Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem at the behest of Jewish leaders, and they want Israel to protect where Jesus was born, roamed and was killed at the behest of Jewish leaders.

"Not I" says me.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The UN is a bloody organization with a history of problems which it attempts to whitewash. Further it pretends to be some sort of humanitarian organization, touting contributions to the world which are funded by very few countries. It simply doesn't like Israel, but it likes other countries no matter what they do wrong. Why? Because its religiously popular in certain places to dislike Israel, but there isn't much political will to do much else. The vote do do much of anything good is just dissolved in disinterest. That's all. Its a religious thing, and the UN is a religiously aligned org when virtue signaling. It keeps making resolutions (the same ones over and over) against Israel to impress the Muslims, endless pointless resolutions; but does it complain about anything else going on in the world? Not much.

Why didn't the UN warn Israel about the impending October 7 attack? Oh, because it was involved? Damn. What a virtuous organization that we should all trust.

As for human rights the UN has a worse record than many countries. It touts its "Declaration" of rights to impress westerners as if talk is worth more than its avoidance of sensitive topics. No resolutions against the numerous countries that are grinding their populations into ignorance and subjugation. USA funds most of everything like the work being done in the Sahara. But the UN criticizes us constantly for our involvement with Israel. Cause it says we are misguided for doing that. Such a terribly Jewish country and oddly democratic. What are we thinking?

What sorts of resolutions does it come up with against other countries? Well lets see...in Sudan its wants hostilities to cease during Ramadan. Because dam we can't let anything happen during Ramadan can we. Screw the Christians in the Sudan though and the Jews and anybody else except anyone that needs peace at times other than Ramadan, such as a Jewish holiday for instance.

What's this? UN sex traffickers get away with it? I AM SO SHOCKED. "Legally, the U.N. is in a bind. It has no jurisdiction over peacekeepers, leaving punishment to the countries that contribute the troops." The UN is garbage, corrupt from top to bottom. Useless garbage using the "Human rights" of good countries to pretend like it invented them, yet it doesn't make resolutions against countries that don't honor human rights. It does nothing but criticize Israel as often as possible. That's its main output. That's its purpose for being.

The main problem with it is its virtue signaling combined with its inability to prevent its own workers from performing mischief. It just throws money at people and then tries to hide problems, and it works to justify its existence which is getting increasingly difficult.

Gaza is UN's special creation. Put the responsibility where it lies if you're going to call Gaza a prison. Israel withdrew from Gaza (mistakenly trusting the UN), and the UN made Gaza worse. Venomously. In every way possible. I keep hearing new threads based upon UN supplied claims that Israel somehow created Gaza. No. The UN created the Gaza situation and continues to make it worse.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The UN is a bloody organization with a history of problems which it attempts to whitewash. Further it pretends to be some sort of humanitarian organization, touting contributions to the world which are funded by very few countries. It simply doesn't like Israel, but it likes other countries no matter what they do wrong. Why? Because its religiously popular in certain places to dislike Israel, but there isn't much political will to do much else. The vote do do much of anything good is just dissolved in disinterest. That's all. Its a religious thing, and the UN is a religiously aligned org when virtue signaling. It keeps making resolutions (the same ones over and over) against Israel to impress the Muslims, endless pointless resolutions; but does it complain about anything else going on in the world? Not much.

Why didn't the UN warn Israel about the impending October 7 attack? Oh, because it was involved? Damn. What a virtuous organization that we should all trust.

As for human rights the UN has a worse record than many countries. It touts its "Declaration" of rights to impress westerners as if talk is worth more than its avoidance of sensitive topics. No resolutions against the numerous countries that are grinding their populations into ignorance and subjugation. USA funds most of everything like the work being done in the Sahara. But the UN criticizes us constantly for our involvement with Israel. Cause it says we are misguided for doing that. Such a terribly Jewish country and oddly democratic. What are we thinking?

What sorts of resolutions does it come up with against other countries? Well lets see...in Sudan its wants hostilities to cease during Ramadan. Because dam we can't let anything happen during Ramadan can we. Screw the Christians in the Sudan though and the Jews and anybody else except anyone that needs peace at times other than Ramadan, such as a Jewish holiday for instance.

What's this? UN sex traffickers get away with it? I AM SO SHOCKED. "Legally, the U.N. is in a bind. It has no jurisdiction over peacekeepers, leaving punishment to the countries that contribute the troops." The UN is garbage, corrupt from top to bottom. Useless garbage using the "Human rights" of good countries to pretend like it invented them, yet it doesn't make resolutions against countries that don't honor human rights. It does nothing but criticize Israel as often as possible. That's its main output. That's its purpose for being.

The main problem with it is its virtue signaling combined with its inability to prevent its own workers from performing mischief. It just throws money at people and then tries to hide problems, and it works to justify its existence which is getting increasingly difficult.

Gaza is UN's special creation. Put the responsibility where it lies if you're going to call Gaza a prison. Israel withdrew from Gaza (mistakenly trusting the UN), and the UN made Gaza worse. Venomously. In every way possible. I keep hearing new threads based upon UN supplied claims that Israel somehow created Gaza. No. The UN created the Gaza situation and continues to make it worse.

Well, yes, it is not a perfect world. Film at 11.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Hamas is backed by Iran. Hamas built a multi-billion-dollar war machine to attack Israel, after Israel gave them Gaza.
Wow what nice of them to give the Palestinians Gaza. The biggest open prison of the world.
That doesn't sound very "oppressed" to me
If you consider that Gaza hasn’t any airport, any sea port, water and electricity that is in control of isreal. People in the West Bank being evicted of their homes. People are being thrown in prison without trial. Maybe you have a other definition of oppressed then me.
It sounds like Jihadis and Islamists pursuing the idea that no Jews should live in the ME. Please recall that Jews have been living in the ME for thousands of years
yea they did lived ME, part of that they lived under Islamic rule, don’t see your point.

There are now virtually no Jews in the ME except in Israel.
Well first off there are still Jews living outside Israel in the Middle East
Secondly the reason why the jews migrated to Israel is not because they were driven away by the Muslims. They migrated because they wanted to live in a Jewish country