• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Your issue you are not looking at the whole pictures. Isreal is killing Palestinians for decades. Operation after operation people are being slaughtered like animals. Sure I agree with you that because of 7 October they responded to the attack but don’t get forget the situation the palastinians are in. Beside Gaza people are being attacked in the West Bank, is this also because Hamas?
Palestinians are being taken hostage and put in prison with no trail, I will leave it that’s this.

Yeah, but it still as for Oct. 7th was in part illegal.
The poroblem is illegal doesn't justify illegal.
Yes, I get it, but I get both sides.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Yeah, but it still as for Oct. 7th was in part illegal.
The poroblem is illegal doesn't justify illegal.
Yes, I get it, but I get both sides.
You know since the Palestinians are being occupied by the Israel, they have a right to resistance . Tho they have to stay with in the international law, which obviously they didn’t. Thats why the international court may issue an arrest warrant to those responsible. But people that blame the Palestinians for the events that happening now is not oke. No one deserves this kind of slaughter not even my worst enemies

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Just answer the bloody question! What did Hamas expect after such an attack?
From what I've read, Hamas didn't expect "such an attack" at all.

Thry didn't expect to breach IDF lines and they didn't know about the music festival ahead of time. This was supposed to be an attack against a purely military target and with much lower casualty numbers.

I haven't yet seen an analysis of whether this was a failure of Hamas intelligence (did they overestimate the strength of the IDF force they were attacking?) or a failure of the IDF forces (was the IDF collapse out of keeping with what that force's expected performance in this situation?), but it seems that somebody messed up massively.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The yearly celebration of Simchat Torah in Israel, begins the evening of October 6. It always follows the days of Sukkoth. Its marked by parades, dancing, people congregating around synagogues and is also a time for festivals outdoors. Hence the October 7 plan involving hostage taking, torture and rape was intended to turn this very nice day into a horrible day. Mostly likely the UN was aware of the impending attack and hid the intelligence, since it was behind the violence to begin with. What a victorious day for the UN, the council of dictators.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Maybe your reading comprehension is at fault - the immediate cause of the conflict is the attack by Hamas - without such there wouldn't be the appalling death toll for those living in Gaza. And who am I to judge which side has more merit than the other as to original causes or what happened along the way to get to the current position?
If you only take a shallow look at problems you will always be wrong and will never solve the actual problem.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
From what I've read, Hamas didn't expect "such an attack" at all.

Thry didn't expect to breach IDF lines and they didn't know about the music festival ahead of time. This was supposed to be an attack against a purely military target and with much lower casualty numbers.

I haven't yet seen an analysis of whether this was a failure of Hamas intelligence (did they overestimate the strength of the IDF force they were attacking?) or a failure of the IDF forces (was the IDF collapse out of keeping with what that force's expected performance in this situation?), but it seems that somebody messed up massively.
Yeah, quite possible and which just succeeded too well given some of the comments by Hamas, and perhaps the better explanation given that I doubt they wanted what Israel has inflicted upon them. Bit of a waste investing in all those tunnels just to have them filled in and the lives of so many lost or ruined.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Your issue you are not looking at the whole pictures. Isreal is killing Palestinians for decades. Operation after operation people are being slaughtered like animals. Sure I agree with you that because of 7 October they responded to the attack but don’t get forget the situation the palastinians are in. Beside Gaza people are being attacked in the West Bank, is this also because Hamas?
Palestinians are being taken hostage and put in prison with no trail, I will leave it that’s this.
Well it is difficult I think to place oneself in either position given the long history of the region and the endemic animosity that seems to exist between the communities - just as happens in many other places around the world, but where some seem to come to accommodations. As suggested by another, it might be that the incident got out of hand and hence the understandable reaction from Israel, even if such might stray into the illegal.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Well it is difficult I think to place oneself in either position given the long history of the region and the endemic animosity that seems to exist between the communities - just as happens in many other places around the world, but where some seem to come to accommodations. As suggested by another, it might be that the incident got out of hand and hence the understandable reaction from Israel, even if such might stray into the illegal.
Well it’s not that difficult to see the injustice. For decades international court already came to the conclusion that isreal is violating international law. The only reason they didn’t got punished is because of the west is sorry that they tried to erase them from the planet a century ago. And obviously also because of the west trying to protect their interest in the region.
Hamas is just an excuse they use to justify their actions while they created Hamas and funded them until it backfired. Similar to Isis when the west created them when they invaded Iraq. Or when they funded taliban in Afghanistan until they backfired. Cause and effect !!

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
. Today it's the greatest open-air graveyard,

"Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison. Today it's the greatest open-air graveyard," Borrell said on Monday at a meeting of EU ministers in Brussels. "It's a graveyard for tens of thousands of people and also a graveyard for many of the most important principles of humanitarian law."

Before the war, the whole of Israel was stolen from the Jews by conquest in the 7th century by the Muslims. Do stolen goods ever belong to the thieves? No. The difference between the British occupation of Australia, and the Muslims invasion of Jerusalem, is that the British did not come here to do anything more than establish a penal colony, not force the original inhabitants to convert to their religion or anything else, under threat of convert or die. If you ever want to live in Palestine, then accept the conditions of your host, and stop claiming that you are the victims to justify your pathetic attempts to regain possession of the land, which was returned to the rightful owners, as spoils of war, because you were defeated by the West when you were part of the nazi effort to annihilate the Jews.
The Branch growing out of the Rod Isa 11:1b

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth

"Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison. Today it's the greatest open-air graveyard," Borrell said on Monday at a meeting of EU ministers in Brussels. "It's a graveyard for tens of thousands of people and also a graveyard for many of the most important principles of humanitarian law."

Before the war, the whole of Israel was stolen from the Jews by conquest in the 7th century by the Muslims. Do stolen goods ever belong to the thieves? No. The difference between the British occupation of Australia, and the Muslims invasion of Jerusalem, is that the British did not come here to do anything more than establish a penal colony, not force the original inhabitants to convert to their religion or anything else, under threat of convert or die. If you ever want to live in Palestine, then accept the conditions of your host, and stop claiming that you are the victims to justify your pathetic attempts to regain possession of the land, which was returned to the rightful owners, as spoils of war, because you were defeated by the West when you were part of the nazi effort to annihilate the Jews.

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth

Before the war, the whole of Israel was stolen from the Jews by conquest in the 7th century by the Muslims. Do stolen goods ever belong to the thieves? No. The difference between the British occupation of Australia, and the Muslims invasion of Jerusalem, is that the British did not come here to do anything more than establish a penal colony, not force the original inhabitants to convert to their religion or anything else, under threat of convert or die. If you ever want to live in Palestine, then accept the conditions of your host, and stop claiming that you are the victims to justify your pathetic attempts to regain possession of the land, which was returned to the rightful owners, as spoils of war, because you were defeated by the West when you were part of the nazi effort to annihilate the Jews. Are you sure Islam does not mean persecute women by a male dominated so called religion?

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth

Are you sure Islam does not mean subjugate women by a male dominated, so called, religion.
The Comforter.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hamas is resistance ,same as vietnams against USA and Algerians against France,they defend their land by what they get ,most are just homemade weapons .

These "homemade weapons" are largely supplied by Iran and were shipped in parts through tunnels that are found in Egypt that go into Gaza. There are approximately 350 miles of tunnels, some large enough to drive a box truck into, and their entrances/exists are scattered but with many of them in hospitals and schools. What moral government would ever do something like that, thus jeopardizing their own people, especially children?

Show the reality of Israel , it's just such group of blood thirsty people, following evil religious teaching.which it's ok to kill women and kids of enemy.

What a demonic stereotype you've used, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Have ever been in Israel? Ever study? :rolleyes: