• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You have to look at who has more power. Israel had a right to defend itself. It even had a right to go after Hamas to a limited extent. But when they excessively harm civilians they are not better than Hamas. Hamas has an excuse. A not very good one, but at least they have that. Israel is without excuse at this point in time.
No. Hamas has no excuse because they don't give a damm about their citizens other than being sheilds and ammunition which includes using their own childern.

We Never Know

No Slack
All I know is it proved beyond a doubt that a two state solution is not the goal, it's the complete destruction and annihilation of Israel and jews from the land is what is wanted by the Palestinians and that alone without exceptions.
Its their version of the the Hatfields and McCoys just on a bigger scale. Neither really wants to quit until they kill all of the other.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
. Today it's the greatest open-air graveyard,

"Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison. Today it's the greatest open-air graveyard," Borrell said on Monday at a meeting of EU ministers in Brussels. "It's a graveyard for tens of thousands of people and also a graveyard for many of the most important principles of humanitarian law."

The Gaza genocide is certainly a huge stain on humanity right now. I am disgusted with my country for this. We will be permanently smeared by this, and the world shouldn't let us forget it. Thanks, Zionist fanatics.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hamas and Muslims don't have mentality of surrendered,such japan after ww2...etc
I am Algerian,Algeria pay big prices of deads 1.5 millions during revolution against France occupation.
So instead of telling Israel to stop their crimes and occupation, tell Hamas stop their resistance!
The idea when you get invaded by more powerful army , so you should resist or surrender and leave your country?

One thing I've noticed from looking at history is that, war seems to be a constant. Even if not between nations, it's between tribes, clans, gangs; there's a general tendency for people to fight to prove who's tougher and stronger. It's a test of power, another method of communication, or politics by other means.

For those under occupation and/or heavily oppressed, they are at a disadvantage when it comes to any kind of direct confrontation. War is a gamble, and if you gamble and lose, you lose big.

Despite all the posturing and facades of enlightenment and freedom, the truth is, America is a land full of warmongers. And gamblers, unfortunately. I think our political leadership has really gone awry in recent decades. These are not nice people. They're not swayed by protests for justice or pleas for compassion. They have too many irons in the fire and geopolitical entanglements to worry about. If it's any consolation, I think America has been screwing itself for quite some time and our day of reckoning may soon arrive.

I'm not saying that Hamas should or should not surrender, but war is a dirty business all the way around. I think peace is always preferable. But those who support peace are too few in number to make much of an impact on government policy.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
You have to look at who has more power. Israel had a right to defend itself. It even had a right to go after Hamas to a limited extent. But when they excessively harm civilians they are not better than Hamas. Hamas has an excuse. A not very good one, but at least they have that. Israel is without excuse at this point in time.
The outcome and the ways wars are fought often depend upon or dictate the actions of one side - as per Hamas being imbedded within the civilian population and perhaps hoping such would gain them some advantage after they attacked - but Israel is not playing this game. I can't assess if there are more civilian casualties than there should be (ideally none but seemingly there are), but Hamas is responsible for many of these deaths as much as Israel - by the path Hamas has chosen. And no, I don't know what else Hamas could have done - apart from stopping with the hate and perhaps not believing their particular beliefs are more correct than others. As per many such examples where brick walls are met. If one has to stop a chain one has to break the links somewhere - not exacerbate them, as Hamas did.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I right so you agree that 7 October wasn’t the cause of the conflict which started a long time ago? If so then we agree. lol maybe next time be more clear what you are saying
Maybe your reading comprehension is at fault - the immediate cause of the conflict is the attack by Hamas - without such there wouldn't be the appalling death toll for those living in Gaza. And who am I to judge which side has more merit than the other as to original causes or what happened along the way to get to the current position?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The outcome and the ways wars are fought often depend upon or dictate the actions of one side - as per Hamas being imbedded within the civilian population and perhaps hoping such would gain them some advantage after they attacked - but Israel is not playing this game. I can't assess if there are more civilian casualties than there should be (ideally none but seemingly there are), but Hamas is responsible for many of these deaths as much as Israel - by the path Hamas has chosen. And no, I don't know what else Hamas could have done - apart from stopping with the hate and perhaps not believing their particular beliefs are more correct than others. As per many such examples where brick walls are met. If one has to stop a chain one has to break the links somewhere - not exacerbate them, as Hamas did.

Well, if the US thinks that Israel use some of the bombs the US provided in a manner against the laws of war, there might be something to it.

As for Israel just as Hamas in not the Palestians, the different members of the government are not the Israelis, but if you listen to some of the rethoric used that is not that different form that of Hamas. And if you look at the atitude of some, but not all Israelis, then they are not that different than some of the Palestians.

And as part of it, Israel in its modern form is a colonial non-secular state in some of its actions. And not that it justifies all the actions of the other side. Just as all of the actions of the other side doesn't justify all of the actions of Israel.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Maybe your reading comprehension is at fault - the immediate cause of the conflict is the attack by Hamas - without such there wouldn't be the appalling death toll for those living in Gaza. And who am I to judge which side has more merit than the other as to original causes or what happened along the way to get to the current position?

No, because Israel had a choice in how to react down to that they have chosen to use a military tactic of advance through use of massive fire attacks.
So stop claim that Israel had no choice. That is not true.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No, because Israel had a choice in how to react down to that they have chosen to use a military tactic of advance through use of massive fire attacks.
So stop claim that Israel had no choice. That is not true.
I haven't said that either - that Israel had no choice. I said, in the other comment, that Israel were not going to play their game - whatever Hamas thought would happen after they attacked - and Israel might have had other options but chose the one less likely to incur Israeli casualties, and perhaps as a warning not to ever do such attacks again. Being embedded within the civilian population (so as to ensure no reprisal attacks) should never be a legitimate war strategy.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I haven't said that either - that Israel had no choice. I said, in the other comment, that Israel were not going to play their game - whatever Hamas thought would happen after they attacked - and Israel might have had other options but chose the one less likely to incur Israeli casualties, and perhaps as a warning not to ever do such attacks again. Being embedded within the civilian population (so as to ensure no reprisal attacks) should never be a legitimate war strategy.

Yeah, the problem is that that tactic in the end can result in breaking the laws of war. Now I am not saying it has happen, I am say there are signs that it might have happened.
So if it ends up been the case, what is your attuide to that then?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yeah, the problem is that that tactic in the end can result in breaking the laws of war. Now I am not saying it has happen, I am say there are signs that it might have happened.
So if it ends up been the case, what is your attuide to that then?
I am equally likely to condemn any side that causes horrendous casualties, especially of civilians, during the promotion of their aims, and particularly so when they use underhand methods, like terrorism, for example.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I am equally likely to condemn any side that causes horrendous casualties, especially of civilians, during the promotion of their aims, and particularly so when they use underhand methods, like terrorism, for example.

Well, I simply point out when someone doesn't follow the International laws. As for terrorism that is too subjective and some of the tactics of Israel could also if you want to be like that terrorism. Or at least in breach of International laws.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well, I simply point out when someone doesn't follow the International laws. As for terrorism that is too subjective and some of the tactics of Israel could also if you want to be like that terrorism. Or at least in breach of International laws.
Isn't taking hostages against international law? Hamas don't seem to bother with such trivia.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Isn't taking hostages against international law? Hamas don't seem to bother with such trivia.

Can you please stop as if Israel hasn't broken International law at all. They have, not to the degree as Hamas, but it gets old, that somehow it all starts with Oct. 7th and just Hamas.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Your issue you are not looking at the whole pictures. Isreal is killing Palestinians for decades. Operation after operation people are being slaughtered like animals. Sure I agree with you that because of 7 October they responded to the attack but don’t get forget the situation the palastinians are in. Beside Gaza people are being attacked in the West Bank, is this also because Hamas?
Palestinians are being taken hostage and put in prison with no trail, I will leave it that’s this.