• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza was before the war the greatest open-air prison

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps, but given the scale of the attack, it seems the leadership did feel the need to eliminate Hamas - knowing how such could probably happen again if just left to fester again.
Or, and this may sound crazy, instead of practicing genocide, which they know themselves is evil, they could try to work out a solution to a problem that is their fault as well as the fault of the Palestinians.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Or, and this may sound crazy, instead of practicing genocide, which they know themselves is evil, they could try to work out a solution to a problem that is their fault as well as the fault of the Palestinians.
So Hamas had no role in this before they attacked? Why didn't they think of something better?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't remember the actual break down, but religion doesn't seem to high on the list for wars starting.
Certainly, religion is just one factor.
But it looms larger than usual in this conflict.
Hitler going after Jews was appears to have been
a political tool, rather than about their religion.
But fellow German Christians bought it, & so it
became more about religion. This led to Israel's
creation as the "Jewish State", which increased
religion's role. And as we see in Israel, it has
become very very much about religion....more
so than the role of religion in the Palestinian
side of this conflict.

Did religion start it?
I say that's a question not up to the complex task.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't know that in regards to Hamas. I can speculate. Do you want that? I tell you what I believe? Okay, ask again and I will answer.
Hamas apparently set themselves on this path - could they have done anything differently - given the result now should have been foreseeable?

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

No, I was asking a simple question as to cause and effect (related to October 7th attack), given we could argue all the way back to when religions were created if you want to follow the casual chain all the way back to the origins of this conflict.
7 October was the cause and what’s happening now is the effect? I mean you keep you repeating yourself while not understanding my answer. The premise where you start, I don’t agree with. So by that I don’t think your question is valid.
It’s like me saying well 7 October was a response of a militair operation by idf couple years back.
Did isreal not expect Hamas would not retaliate?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Hamas apparently set themselves on this path - could they have done anything differently - given the result now should have been foreseeable?

Well, they are a proxy for Iran. So maybe Hamas didn't really do it on their own. Maybe it was Iran's plan. Have you consider that?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
7 October was the cause and what’s happening now is the effect? I mean you keep you repeating yourself while not understanding my answer. The premise where you start, I don’t agree with. So by that I don’t think your question is valid.
It’s like me saying well 7 October was a response of a militair operation by idf couple years back.
Did isreal not expect Hamas would not retaliate?
I know you don't, just as many others here don't either, but you can go further back than you might want to if you really want to know what are the ultimate causes of this conflict - but the immediate cause of this conflict is the attack on Israel.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

I know you don't, just as many others here don't either, but you can go further back than you might want to if you really want to know what are the ultimate causes of this conflict - but the immediate cause of this conflict is the attack on Israel.
I right so you agree that 7 October wasn’t the cause of the conflict which started a long time ago? If so then we agree. lol maybe next time be more clear what you are saying

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not really. Did Hamas have anything better to offer than just attacking?
You have to look at who has more power. Israel had a right to defend itself. It even had a right to go after Hamas to a limited extent. But when they excessively harm civilians they are not better than Hamas. Hamas has an excuse. A not very good one, but at least they have that. Israel is without excuse at this point in time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So that’s why isreal created Hamas and funded to oppose Arafat because he refused to sigh it?
All I know is it proved beyond a doubt that a two state solution is not the goal, it's the complete destruction and annihilation of Israel and jews from the land is what is wanted by the Palestinians and that alone without exceptions.