• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Zimmerman Verdict: NOT GUILTY

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last edited:

Poisonshady313

Not at all. This is my own opinion based upon what I've been fed by the media.

I'm not referring to "innocence" in terms of verdict. I don't disagree with the decision that the jury has made as I can understand the decision to acquit.

My point is that neither man were blameless. Poor choices resulted in tragedy. Zimmerman isn't without fault. A boy died at his hand.

As of the moment Zimmerman was getting his head pounded into the sidewalk, I can't blame him, and the jury couldn't either.

As for what happened before that moment... when Zimmerman decided to call the cops, a confrontation between the two was not inevitable, nor was an attack on Zimmerman warranted.

When Zimmerman decided to get out of his car to see which way Trayvon ran, a confrontation between the two was still not inevitable, nor was an attack on Zimmerman warranted.

When dispatch told Zimmerman "we don't need you to do that" and Zimmerman responded "ok", a confrontation between the two was still not inevitable, nor was an attack on Zimmerman warranted.

Come to think of it... unless you can prove otherwise with evidence (the prosecution sure couldn't), there was no point at which a confrontation between the two was inevitable as a result of any of Zimmerman's decisions or actions.

The moment Trayvon punched Zimmerman in the face, Trayvon became the aggressor. The moment Trayvon began to slam Zimmerman's' head into the ground, Zimmerman had every right to use whatever means possible, including the use of deadly force, to stop Trayvon from killing him.

This was a tragedy.

As Zimmerman's lawyer said, there are no winners here. Also, there are no monsters here.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I definitely believe there are reasonable situations in which to murder someone. If somebody killed Hitler in his sleep, would you say they were unjustified in doing so?

We have legal definitions for that reason.Murder isn't the same as a legal killing.There are others in between those two .

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
We have legal definitions for that reason.Murder isn't the same as a legal killing.There are others in between those two .

No, I mean murder. Like pre-meditated killing of someone that is no immediate danger to you. You know; revenge killing, contract hits, that kind of stuff.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
As of the moment Zimmerman was getting his head pounded into the sidewalk, I can't blame him, and the jury couldn't either.

As for what happened before that moment... when Zimmerman decided to call the cops, a confrontation between the two was not inevitable, nor was an attack on Zimmerman warranted.

When Zimmerman decided to get out of his car to see which way Trayvon ran, a confrontation between the two was still not inevitable, nor was an attack on Zimmerman warranted.

When dispatch told Zimmerman "we don't need you to do that" and Zimmerman responded "ok", a confrontation between the two was still not inevitable, nor was an attack on Zimmerman warranted.

Come to think of it... unless you can prove otherwise with evidence (the prosecution sure couldn't), there was no point at which a confrontation between the two was inevitable as a result of any of Zimmerman's decisions or actions.

The moment Trayvon punched Zimmerman in the face, Trayvon became the aggressor. The moment Trayvon began to slam Zimmerman's' head into the ground, Zimmerman had every right to use whatever means possible, including the use of deadly force, to stop Trayvon from killing him.

This was a tragedy.

As Zimmerman's lawyer said, there are no winners here. Also, there are no monsters here.

I still stand by what I said, sorry. I don't disagree with the verdict, given the provided evidence. But, the provided evidence, that I've been exposed to, per the media, doesn't, in my opinion, paint Zimmerman out to be a saint either.

I do believe that the verdict was just. You're merely interpreting that which has been provided to you by the media, as I am. There's no difference.

Qhost

Exercising Thought
I'm personally glad that the justice system still works the way it's supposed to sometimes. There was insufficient evidence for a guilty verdict, and that was clear from the beginning of the trial. Good job, jury.

This. I personally think what happened would have been an instant murder charge if there really was security footage of that incident - however there was insufficient evidence and he was found not guilty, rightfully so. This is how our justice system works and it is mostly effective, sure, sometimes people like Zimmerman 'get away with it' but that's the price we pay for the system as a whole.

Poisonshady313

I still stand by what I said, sorry. I don't disagree with the verdict, given the provided evidence. But, the provided evidence, that I've been exposed to, per the media, doesn't, in my opinion, paint Zimmerman out to be a saint either.
The media declared Zimmerman guilty until proven innocent. They declared him a racist and a murderer before the trial began.

No, he wasn't a saint. But I don't believe Zimmerman ever wanted to harm Martin (obviously until that final moment where he had to defend himself).

You're merely interpreting that which has been provided to you by the media, as I am. There's no difference.
Wrong. Very wrong. I am interpreting that which has been provided to me by THE TRIAL. The testimony. The evidence. The recordings of interviews.

And not just clips and soundbites... but hours and hours of witness testimony and lawyer's arguments.

If all you know from this case is what you're fed by the media, then your opinion regarding Zimmerman is uninformed.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
This is how our justice system works and it is mostly effective, sure, sometimes people like Zimmerman 'get away with it' but that's the price we pay for the system as a whole.

Ironically that is what Zimmerman said on the 9-11 tape to the police about Trayvon when he starting running away from him .."these *** holes..they always get away".

Zimmerman had convicted Trayvon without a trial and the sentence was death.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Ironically that is what Zimmerman said on the 9-11 tape to the police about Trayvon when he starting running away from him .."these *** holes..they always get away".

Zimmerman had convicted Trayvon without a trial and the sentence was death.

Trayvon Martin sealed his "sentence" when he attacked Zimmerman.

A

angellous_evangellous

That doesn't make sense.

Even under Florida law, they don't execute kids unless they kill someone. And after that, only with due process.

And only if they're black.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

That is Zimmerman's WORD .No witnesses to back that up.And are you saying that Trayvon an unarmed teenager walking around his own neighborhood being followed STALKED) by a some sort of a wanna be cop who was even TOLD NOT to follow him deserved to die ?Trayvon was being FOLLOWED by an armed stranger who then approached HIM.Why was Trayvon IF he threw a first punch not defending HIMSELF?

There was NO reason for him to be being followed other than Zimmerman "decided" he "looked supspicious" and he's NOT a cop and the fact of the matter Trayvon wasn't doing ANYTHING wrong.He was not OBLIGATED to stop and answer some stalkers questions.Trayvon wasn't running from a cop.He was not "evading arrest" ..

Based on this ..if some STRANGER with a permit to carry a gun decides IM up to no good based on NOTHING other than Im walking in my neighborhood in the rain looking around can stalk me ..and if they catch up to me and I think THEY are going to harm me because WHY the hell ELSE is some stranger following and I hit them (IF thats the case) they can shoot me through the heart in "self defense" ? That is the most LAME ridicuous thing I have heard.

That its MY fault that I was in FEAR of a stalker.And reacted and that same stalker then shoots me dead and says he was defending himself..UNBELIEVABLE and scary people feel that entitled to track someone down they "suspect" and shoot them .

[youtube]fNCvr9V2pig[/youtube]
Trayvon Martin Shooting - Zimmerman's COMPLETE 911 Call, With Audio And Transcript - YouTube

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
That doesn't make sense.

Even under Florida law, they don't execute kids unless they kill someone. And after that, only with due process.

And only if they're black.

The issue I have is Zimmerman had already DECIDED when he saw Trayvon that he was a threat to the neighborhood ..and "up to no good" a.k.a a criminal lurking in the neighborhood.Even against the polices intructions FOLLOWED him with a GUN in his pocket. Trayvon only new some "creepy cracker" was following him and had no idea why..Trayvon was walking /running in the OPPOSITE direction to get away from him and thought he had lost him ..but there is "not guilty" Zimmerman lurking right around the corner and then face to face with Trayvon. Trayvon says WHY are you following me.

Then the vague "a fight ensues". And the unarmed 17 yo is shot through the heart at close range.

Yeah Trayvon you should have known better.Its your fault you are such a moron...

A

angellous_evangellous

The issue I have is Zimmerman had already DECIDED when he saw Trayvon that he was a threat to the neighborhood ..and "up to no good" a.k.a a criminal lurking in the neighborhood.Even against the polices intructions FOLLOWED him with a GUN in his pocket. Trayvon only new some "creepy cracker" was following him and had no idea why..Trayvon was walking /running in the OPPOSITE direction to get away from him and thought he had lost him ..but there is "not guilty" Zimmerman lurking right around the corner and then face to face with Trayvon. Trayvon says WHY are you following me.

Then the vague "a fight ensues". And the unarmed 17 yo is shot through the heart at close range.

Yeah Trayvon you should have known better.Its your fault you are such a moron...

Yes, it's a tragedy. It's going to ruin Zimmerman one way or another. It's unfortunate that it wasn't sooner.