• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I never said I couldn't. Did you bother actually reading what I said?
After this brief encounter and having read bits and pieces of some of your older posts, I'm not really inclined to give your content much more thought, but it has been educational.

On the upside, I am purchasing a really nice 1971 Dodge Charger R/T like the one I used to own. It's not smart on gas, but I'm not frightened that there won't be any for me to drive it in the future. Especially with what I plan to shell out considering this is one of the Hemi cars.

Why is it that in order to get modern Republicans (I won't even say conservatives, because in my mind they are not) interested in a topic, they have to be frightened out of their minds over things that go bump in the night? Now that is a question that really deserves consideration.

Koberstein

*Banned*
Whatever. You all know best. You're probably keeping up with all the research and the cutting edge of technology. Just continue on then. I've said what I have to say. If you have your thumb up the pulse of this issue, who am I to try to interject reason.
That Cat 797 Truck in my photo is powered by (2) 3512 diesel engines and burns an incredible amount of diesel fuel to carry the 400 ton pay load in its dump box. To give you a point of reference the dump box will.hold 200 F-150 pickup trucks. The 13ft tall tires come from the Mechlin plant in South Carolina at $130k a piece. These massive trucks are work horses. They are used from the copper mines in Peru to the tar sands of Alberta. My design work was on the lower power train. We offered an electric version of this truck to our customers 10 years ago and sold only 2. Nobody wants electric vehicles.

Laniakea

Not of this world
After this brief encounter and having read bits and pieces of some of your older posts, I'm not really inclined to give your content much more thought, but it has been educational.

On the upside, I am purchasing a really nice 1971 Dodge Charger R/T like the one I used to own. It's not smart on gas, but I'm not frightened that there won't be any for me to drive it in the future. Especially with what I plan to shell out considering this is one of the Hemi cars.

Why is it that in order to get modern Republicans (I won't even say conservatives, because in my mind they are not) interested in a topic, they have to be frightened out of their minds over things that go bump in the night? Now that is a question that really deserves consideration.
Actual passed legislation isn't a thing that goes "bump in the night", however you interpret that.
I hope that wasn't too much to read.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
That Cat 797 Truck in my photo is powered by (2) 3512 diesel engines and burns an incredible amount of diesel fuel to carry the 400 ton pay load in its dump box. To give you a point of reference the dump box will.hold 200 F-150 pickup trucks. The 13ft tall tires come from the Mechlin plant in South Carolina at $130k a piece. These massive trucks are work horses. They are used from the copper mines in Peru to the tar sands of Alberta. My design work was on the lower power train. We offered an electric version of this truck to our customers 10 years ago and sold only 2. Nobody wants electric vehicles.
Awesome! I'm sure that stories of your bravery in designing giant trucks will be spoke around campfires for 100's of years.

You don't want them. I don't care. I'm neither opposed to new technology nor living in fear of it. It's just a car with a different powerplant. You approach it as a political issue. All I need to know. Thank you for your response. You have a wonderful day.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Actual passed legislation isn't a thing that goes "bump in the night", however you interpret that.
I hope that wasn't too much to read.
It isn't that no one notices how these discussions are quickly turned into childish contests of one upping those with opposing views using snide remarks that have no bearing on the actual topics of discussion. I see what is brought to the table and shake my head in sorrow that is all that some people have.

Good night.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Awesome! I'm sure that stories of your bravery in designing giant trucks will be spoke around campfires for 100's of years.

You don't want them. I don't care. I'm neither opposed to new technology nor living in fear of it. It's just a car with a different powerplant. You approach it as a political issue. All I need to know. Thank you for your response. You have a wonderful day.
When politicians in government are the ones that ban the things you own (or are considering a purchase of), then it becomes a political issue.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It isn't that no one notices how these discussions are quickly turned into childish contests of one upping those with opposing views using snide remarks that have no bearing on the actual topics of discussion. I see what is brought to the table and shake my head in sorrow that is all that some people have.

Good night.
You mean like the way a certain poster did in the opening lines of posts #261 and #264?
Shouldn't you be setting a better example than to do that and then say it's others who are doing it?

Koberstein

*Banned*

Good night.
I live in the real world, the nay sayers and doom and gloom people don't .

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I live in the real world, the nay sayers and doom and gloom people don't .
Yet you are the biggest naysayer (one word by the way) here. We have a real problem. People like you would make it a "doom and gloom" problem with your denial of reality and running away from even understanding something as simple as the Greenhouse Effect. Why do you think that we have to pollute and ruin the world that we live in? I certainly do not think that. I think that your political beliefs in a conman and convict may have tainted your world view.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you're wrong about that.

"The head of the International Energy Agency, Fatih Birol, has been claiming that Europe’s surging energy prices have nothing to do with the continent’s shift toward renewables. Last month, he said “It is inaccurate and unfair to explain these high energy prices as a result of clean energy transition policies.” The statement may be politically astute, especially as the IEA pushes governments to triple spending on clean energy in order to cut emissions, but it is also wrong. Much of Europe’s current energy squeeze can be traced to its rapid transition to renewables."
Yes. New infrastructure costs money. You have to invest in it. Once built land based wind farms are cheaper.

I know that you do not like this, but this is the real world. We do have to start replacing fossil fuel plants with green plants. You are only taking a very shallow view of this again. You need to look at the big picture of how much excessive AGW will cost us.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Don't bet on it.
It won't be long. In ten years the will probably have banned ICE autos. In another ten gasoline as a fuel will be phase out.

Why do you hate EV's so much? If you like to race you will not beat an EV in a drag race. If you like to save money they are far more efficient than ICE's so even if one burns fossil fuels to make their electricity they are still a net positive. If you have a house it is no problem to charge them every night and unless you drive 300 miles a day you will not run out of power.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ten year old technology? Are you kidding me? Now that sort of work may take a while for the technology to develop before those can be replaced by electric. They do not yet have a working electric semi truck. Tesla's cars work fine. His semi trucks have all sorts of issues still so rest assured. When ICE's are banned for cars it will take a while for them to be banned in the sort of use that you design for.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You mean like the way a certain poster did in the opening lines of posts #261 and #264?
Shouldn't you be setting a better example than to do that and then say it's others who are doing it?
Once again, you reap what you sow.

If you can have a serious discussion people will be nicer to you. If you spout inane and obviously wrong claims and act as if you know what you are talking about you will only get disrespect back.

Tell me, what do you think is wrong with electric cars? Let's go over the problems one at a time. If you do a Gish Gallop refuting one refutes them all.

Koberstein

*Banned*
Yet you are the biggest naysayer (one word by the way) here. We have a real problem. People like you would make it a "doom and gloom" problem with your denial of reality and running away from even understanding something as simple as the Greenhouse Effect. Why do you think that we have to pollute and ruin the world that we live in? I certainly do not think that. I think that your political beliefs in a conman and convict may have tainted your world view.
So is your rap sheet longer than Trumps?

Koberstein

*Banned*
The nay sayers and the doom and gloom people are losers. They have no concept of reality and when you call them on it. They run away from it like scared rabbits. We don't have a problem. You have the problem. I made a truck load of money under Trump in 2016 and I will do it again in 2024. There is very little pollution in this country. Nay sayers =low life

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The nay sayers and the doom and gloom people are losers. They have no concept of reality and when you call them on it. They run away from it like scared rabbits. We don't have a problem. You have the problem. I made a truck load of money under Trump in 2016 and I will do it again in 2024. There is very little pollution in this country. Nay sayers =low life
That sounds like more projection on your part. You have been the only naysayer here. You are the one that is afraid to even learn the basics of AGW. That is no way for a supposed engineer to approach a problem. You should think of this as a potential engineering problem and go at it from that route.

Koberstein

*Banned*
Not at all. I do not even have any misdemeanors on mine. Just a few traffic tickets. That is an odd question.

Why on Earth would you support Trump? He is not a conservative, he is just a conman, and a rather ignorant one at that.
The reason I support Trump is that he is a business man and not a politician. Trump has actually held and worked at a job. Biden can't say that. Trump has MBA from the prestigious Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He worked for free as our president in 2016 and gave us an incredible prosperity with no war involvement. He didn't pay nay sayers and doom and gloom people to sit on their *** and not work like Geritol Joe. The US is in an express lane going to hell with the help of nay sayers and doom and gloom people that are clueless to what's going on.

Koberstein

*Banned*
That sounds like more projection on your part. You have been the only naysayer here. You are the one that is afraid to even learn the basics of AGW. That is no way for a supposed engineer to approach a problem. You should think of this as a potential engineering problem and go at it from that route.
The fact of the matter I forgot more about engineering sciences and AGW than you will ever know. I think of you as a non engineering problem with brain damage.