• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming

Laniakea

Not of this world
Yes. New infrastructure costs money. You have to invest in it. Once built land based wind farms are cheaper.

I know that you do not like this, but this is the real world. We do have to start replacing fossil fuel plants with green plants. You are only taking a very shallow view of this again. You need to look at the big picture of how much excessive AGW will cost us.
Wind farms were even more important when they were just called "farms".

Laniakea

Not of this world
It won't be long. In ten years the will probably have banned ICE autos. In another ten gasoline as a fuel will be phase out.

Why do you hate EV's so much? If you like to race you will not beat an EV in a drag race. If you like to save money they are far more efficient than ICE's so even if one burns fossil fuels to make their electricity they are still a net positive. If you have a house it is no problem to charge them every night and unless you drive 300 miles a day you will not run out of power.
You should ask actual EV owners about why they hate them: I've owned my EV for a year but 'despise it' - I can't even make a trip home

Koberstein

*Banned*
Yes. New infrastructure costs money. You have to invest in it. Once built land based wind farms are cheaper.

I know that you do not like this, but this is the real world. We do have to start replacing fossil fuel plants with green plants. You are only taking a very shallow view of this again. You need to look at the big picture of how much excessive AGW will cost us.
These is the losing mentality trying to ruin this country. He has no idea what world he is living in. There is no excessive AGW. This guy is probably in prison trying to hawk his green card for cigarettes. No Green Plants!
Green Plants = Poverty
We had nay sayers back in the 1990's and they were proven wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The reason I support Trump is that he is a business man and not a politician. Trump has actually held and worked at a job. Biden can't say that. Trump has MBA from the prestigious Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He worked for free as our president in 2016 and gave us an incredible prosperity with no war involvement. He didn't pay nay sayers and doom and gloom people to sit on their *** and not work like Geritol Joe. The US is in an express lane going to hell with the help of nay sayers and doom and gloom people that are clueless to what's going on.
That is a very poor reason to support him. Politics is quite different from business and you would think that you could have found someone to support than someone that can only survive in business when he is cheating others and the government.

And please quit projecting.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The fact of the matter I forgot more about engineering sciences and AGW than you will ever know. I think of you as a non engineering problem with brain damage.
You probably know more about engineering than I do, even though I did tutor engineers when I went to college. But you clearly have a very poor understanding of the sciences and you know that. That is why you run away from discussing the basics.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
These is the losing mentality trying to ruin this country. He has no idea what world he is living in. There is no excessive AGW. This guy is probably in prison trying to hawk his green card for cigarettes. No Green Plants!
Green Plants = Poverty
We had nay sayers back in the 1990's and they were proven wrong.

You were here in the 90's and you were proven wrong? Fascinating. Tell us more. If you are talking about Al Gore he was not a scientist. I never liked Al Gore because he was more of an alarmist than anything else. Like all science deniers you look for extremists because they are easy to refute, but you cannot refute the experts in the field. They kept being confirmed to be right.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL! So what? I can find people that hate their cars. One can always find complainers that does not prove anything. If that is all that you have why do you even bother to reply? I will be the first to admit that EV;s are still under development, but compare the first ten years of EV's to the first ten years of ICE's. EV;s come out as the huge winner. It will take a few years to work all of the bugs out but they are already almost as reliable as cars.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The fact of the matter I forgot more about engineering sciences and AGW than you will ever know. I think of you as a non engineering problem with brain damage.
Then why are you so afraid? All that you have are personal attacks and possible bogus claims. A person that understood the science would not keep running away.

Koberstein

*Banned*
That is a very poor reason to support him. Politics is quite different from business and you would think that you could have found someone to support than someone that can only survive in business when he is cheating others and the government.

And please quit projecting.
Why would I support anyone else?.I made a ton of money with Trump. You need to quit supporting losers.and get a life. Who knows maybe losers are part of your DNA just like your bogus science claims. I don't run from anything.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why would I support anyone else?.I made a ton of money with Trump. You need to quit supporting losers.and get a life. Who knows maybe losers are part of your DNA just like your bogus science claims. I don't run from anything.
You are probably improperly crediting Trump with your success. What do you think that he did helped you? There was only one year that you can even claim was the "Trump economy". The economy is like a gigantic freighter. It does not turn on a dime. It takes a long time for any changes to be effective. And then once we were into the Trump economy Covid 19 struck. I do not blame Trump for that, though there is no doubt that he could have handled it better. So the odds are that if you made money it was not due to Trump. As the saying goes correlation is not necessarily causation.

And yes, you ran away. I gave you a reasonable challenge and you ran away.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
We offered an electric version of this truck to our customers 10 years ago and sold only 2. Nobody wants electric vehicles.
That's a bit of a leap, don't you think?

I mean you sold two electric trucks, that's hardly "nobody" now is it?

And who says that what goes for trucks in the past will go for cars in the future????????

Last edited:

wellwisher

Hydrogen is extremely explosive. I think Toyota has given up on their hydrogen fuel cell venture. EV's are another black hole for money with no up side. I think the public has figured that out.
Actually Toyota is offering a hydrogen powered automobile called the 2024 Toyota Mirai. It is priced at about $50,000 for a base model. 2024 Toyota Mirai | Toyota.com.

It uses fuel cell technology where the hydrogen is not combusted like in gasoline cars, but is fed to a fuel cell, where the electrons of hydrogen gas; H2, are removed and stepped down, extracting electric energy. The fuel cell acts like a passive electric generator with no moving parts. The fuel cell takes the place of the battery in an electric car, but instead of charging, you add more hydrogen fuel. The rest of the car is like an electric car beyond the fuel cells. The only output emission is water. They use three carbon fiber and polymer epoxy fuel tanks that are indestructible. Interestingly, the car is rear wheel drive instead of front wheel. It has a 400 mile range and can be refilled in 5 minutes.

Fuel cells are not new. They have been used by NASA and other International Space Agencies to power the inner workings of space vehicles and satellites, due to their high power to weight ratio.

Hydrogen is very explosive; Hindenburg below. It was used for 1920-30's airships since hydrogen could be easily made by electrolysis and was very light and floats in air. That was replaced by helium which is more expensive to process but does not burn.

Nowadays, there are workarounds to the explosive nature and transporting hydrogen. One work around is bulk transporting ammonia, to filling stations, and then catalytically breaking down the ammonia, to hydrogen and nitrogen gas, when it is time to fuel.

Fossil fuels can even be converted to making hydrogen, so we don't have to kill an already existing industry. There is even what is called white hydrogen. This is hydrogen made by the earth itself, that comes fully assembled, with no cost other than mining. If the earth can make hydrogen my guess is the earth also makes fossil fuels such as methane gas.

Fossil fuel appears to be a misnomer since not all carbon based fuel comes from fossils but much comes from the inner earth and from life. I like the idea of combining solar energy with hydrogen production so you can fill your car for free.

Hydrogen is also the fuel source of stars like our Sun, and the use of hydrogen is the goal of nuclear fusion, which could then be used to make more hydrogen to feed the fusion and fuel cells. Then we would be set forever.

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

I read about an emergency vehicle that was hydrogen powered. The hydrogen not only powers the vehicle, but the vehicle also be turned into a powerful emergency generator. The waste water that is made by processing the hydrogen, is recycled and saved within the vehicle, and can be used to fight fires or as a drinking water supply.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Heck you probably just got through Reform school. I don't discuss engineering sciences with uneducated ignorant people who can't even spell cat, even if I spotted them the first two letters. The only people you tutored were losers on how to make panhandling signs to scam people for money.
It is appearing more and more that you are likely not an engineer. All that you have are personal attacks. Even the most ignorant of engineers that I knew in college would have shown that they understand what they claim to know.

Koberstein

*Banned*
Actually Toyota is offering a hydrogen powered automobile called the 2024 Toyota Mirai. It is priced at about $50,000 for a base model. 2024 Toyota Mirai | Toyota.com.

It uses fuel cell technology where the hydrogen is not combusted like in gasoline cars, but is fed to a fuel cell, where the electrons of hydrogen gas; H2, are removed and stepped down, extracting electric energy. The fuel cell acts like a passive electric generator with no moving parts. The fuel cell takes the place of the battery in an electric car, but instead of charging, you add more hydrogen fuel. The rest of the car is like an electric car beyond the fuel cells. The only output emission is water. They use three carbon fiber and polymer epoxy fuel tanks that are indestructible. Interestingly, the car is rear wheel drive instead of front wheel. It has a 400 mile range and can be refilled in 5 minutes.

Fuel cells are not new. They have been used by NASA and other International Space Agencies to power the inner workings of space vehicles and satellites, due to their high power to weight ratio.

Hydrogen is very explosive; Hindenburg below. It was used for 1920-30's airships since hydrogen could be easily made by electrolysis and was very light and floats in air. That was replaced by helium which is more expensive to process but does not burn.

Nowadays, there are workarounds to the explosive nature and transporting hydrogen. One work around is bulk transporting ammonia, to filling stations, and then catalytically breaking down the ammonia, to hydrogen and nitrogen gas, when it is time to fuel.

Fossil fuels can even be converted to making hydrogen, so we don't have to kill an already existing industry. There is even what is called white hydrogen. This is hydrogen made by the earth itself, that comes fully assembled, with no cost other than mining. If the earth can make hydrogen my guess is the earth also makes fossil fuels such as methane gas.

Fossil fuel appears to be a misnomer since not all carbon based fuel comes from fossils but much comes from the inner earth and from life. I like the idea of combining solar energy with hydrogen production so you can fill your car for free.

Hydrogen is also the fuel source of stars like our Sun, and the use of hydrogen is the goal of nuclear fusion, which could then be used to make more hydrogen to feed the fusion and fuel cells. Then we would be set forever.

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

I read about an emergency vehicle that was hydrogen powered. The hydrogen not only powers the vehicle, but the vehicle also be turned into a powerful emergency generator. The waste water that is made by processing the hydrogen, is recycled and saved within the vehicle, and can be used to fight fires or as a drinking water supply.
Good luck with that.

Koberstein

*Banned*
It is appearing more and more that you are likely not an engineer. All that you have are personal attacks. Even the most ignorant of engineers that I knew in college would have shown that they understand what they claim to know.
Like I said before I could care less what you think or believe.

Koberstein

*Banned*
That's a bit of a leap, don't you think?

I mean you sold two electric trucks, that's hardly "nobody" now is it?

And who says that what goes for trucks in the past will go for cars in the future????????
Caterpillar, Volvo, and Komatsu. Diesel fuel will always be the future in mining trucks bar none. These trucks work in extreme climates and time is money, so much so that it takes 3 scoops to fill the dump box of that Cat 797.
So Caterpillar bought the company( Bucyrus) that made the scoop and had it redesigned larger so now it takes 2 scoops to fill the dump box. That 797 Truck has a 3,500 gallon fuel tank for diesel. Top speed is 48 miles an hour. The 7 million dollar truck is so massive that it is assembled at the job site for the customer.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nobody cares about those stupid trucks

It's more common vehicles that are the issue - i.e. cars

I don't see why we couldn't have electric cars and diesel mining trucks

It's not as if there are many hundreds of millions of mining trucks on the planet
He may be here to preach and not learn or debate. I already stated that electric vehicles are not yet able to do that.