• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is an interesting article.

We’ve been accidentally cooling the planet — and it’s about to stop

I think that this has been known for some time. One possible "cure" to global warming is high altitude spraying of sulfur dioxide. That was one of the chemicals mentioned in the article that you linked. There has not been too much progress using it because people are rightfully afraid of the possible side effects:

Laniakea

Not of this world
What are you talking about? I want to make America great. That means that we need to reelect a sane and effective President. Not elect on incompetent buffoon and convicted felon. You are against making America great. You appear to be the one that does not understand the words that you are using.

By the way, you never did go back and see how I was right last time you brought up this failed argument of yours. Maybe one of these days you will learn how to reason and debate instead of just reacting viscerally.
So you don't think making America great again is white supremacy anymore? Or have you finally decided to be of that persuasion?

Laniakea

Not of this world
I think that this has been known for some time. One possible "cure" to global warming is high altitude spraying of sulfur dioxide. That was one of the chemicals mentioned in the article that you linked. There has not been too much progress using it because people are rightfully afraid of the possible side effects:

Nothing like waking up to a pair of lungs full of sulfur dioxide!
Must be the environmentalists way of "organic breathing".

Laniakea

Not of this world
To a point I think it's logically true, but it is well known scientifically that most of global warming is from fossil fuels because of the megatons of CO2 and methane gas that are emitted.
But what isn't scientifically known is whether a degree or two increase in the global temperature makes any real difference. Politically, it's a nice little scare tactic to increase government spending, raise taxes, and decrease individual rights.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But what isn't scientifically known is whether a degree or two increase in the global temperature makes any real difference. Politically, it's a nice little scare tactic to increase government spending, raise taxes, and decrease individual rights.
You don't know what you're talking about and are just playing politics while I go by the science. This is why have a serious discussion with you is basically fruitless.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you don't think making America great again is white supremacy anymore? Or have you finally decided to be of that persuasion?
I see that you are confused. Trump's distorted MAGA does include white supremacy. I want to make America great. He wants to make America a haven for the rich and hell for everyone else.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I see that you are confused. Trump's distorted MAGA does include white supremacy. I want to make America great. He wants to make America a haven for the rich and hell for everyone else.
Sounds to me that your adoption of Trump slogans is your way of saying you admire Him.
Come on, let's make it official that you want to be a tried and true member of MAGA! I'll even send you a MAGA hat!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nothing like waking up to a pair of lungs full of sulfur dioxide!
Must be the environmentalists way of "organic breathing".
Sulfur dioxide would be the least of your problems. Let it react with some water and oxygen and then you are talking real problems. As I said, there are genuine concerns about that "fix". I was not advocating for this, I was only confirming the claim that sulfur dioxide could possibly cool the planet.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sounds to me that your adoption of Trump slogans is your way of saying you admire Him.
Come on, let's make it official that you want to be a tried and true member of MAGA! I'll even send you a MAGA hat!
Not at all. I am showing quite the opposite. Sometimes you appear to have trouble understanding relatively simple posts. Get me a blue hat that only has MAG on it and you have a deal.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Sulfur dioxide would be the least of your problems. Let it react with some water and oxygen and then you are talking real problems. As I said, there are genuine concerns about that "fix". I was not advocating for this, I was only confirming the claim that sulfur dioxide could possibly cool the planet.
Well, as long as it's sprayed high up in the atmosphere, there's no chance of it reacting with water and oxygen since there's none of those 2 things in our atmosphere.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Laniakea

Not of this world
I am beginning to have doubts that Trump will even make it to the election. We will know a lot more tomorrow evening when we see how he performs in his debate. Trump does not do well in debates where he cannot cheat. Just as in the business world, he has to cheat to win.
Funny. He won all 3 Republican primary debates without even being there.
He'll show up tomorrow just to get under the skin of the liberals.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Funny. He won all 3 Republican primary debates without even being there.
He'll show up tomorrow just to get under the skin of the liberals.
No, that is not a "win". That is just not a humiliating loss. Trump knows that he is a joke. But he opened up his big yap and challenged Biden to debate him. It was pretty hard to run away like a coward at that point.