• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It does no good if having green energy means having to destroy the environment to have it.

Destroy the environment in order to save it.
Man is going to have an impact on the environment. Focusing on the small picture does not refute the big picture.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Like drilling for oil in national parks, but now you point out this? This is why the right wing has no credibility. It's your reputation to ruin. Green energy is safe and effective for the long term unlike fossil fuels.
Whataboutism!
Fossil fuels (as Leftists like to call them) have a proven track record since the invention of the automobile. Everything in modern life is the result of it. It's even needed to create the "green energy" infrastructure, and is needed to fill in when the green energy fails.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Man is going to have an impact on the environment. Focusing on the small picture does not refute the big picture.
What you refer to as the small picture is just one example out of many that it takes to create a green energy infrastructure. You claim to want to save the environment, but are willing to destroy it to make it look like you're trying to save it.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, I can do the math. I can understand some of the science. One does not need to be a prophet to know that 2 + 2 = 4.

If you are in bed in a cold room you might need three blankets to keep warm. But if you keep adding blankets you will get warmer and warmer to the point of being uncomfortable. Carbon dioxide is an amazing gas in how it helps to retain heat on the Earth. The odds are that you can understand the math and science of the Greenhouse Effect. We have known of the Greenhouse Effect from long before AGW was dreamed of. It is not controversial at all. Would you like to learn the simple version of how it works?
You have a link to a Leftist source to support your mythology?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Whataboutism!
That's all you have. Green energy is a necessary evolution in energy production, and fossil fuels will phase out like whale oil did.
Fossil fuels (as Leftists like to call them) have a proven track record since the invention of the automobile.
So did whale oil. It was a massive industry. A better option was discovered and utilized, fossil fuels. Now they are going to be phased out for a better option.
Everything in modern life is the result of it. It's even needed to create the "green energy" infrastructure, and is needed to fill in when the green energy fails.
Yet green energy has bailed out the energy needs of Texans in the last few winters, when it got too cold for the usual power plants to function properly. Right wingers hate green energy because that is what you are fed from right wing disinformation, but they sure loved it in Texas when it kept their heaters working. Keep ruining your reputation with disinformation, and we will expose it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What you refer to as the small picture is just one example out of many that it takes to create a green energy infrastructure. You claim to want to save the environment, but are willing to destroy it to make it look like you're trying to save it.
Yes, there will be many such small impacts on local environment. It will still have a lesser effect than the burning of fossil fuels have.

I know that the science of AGW is going to be beyond you. It is beyond me. But you can at least learn some of the basics.

Laniakea

Not of this world
That's all you have. Green energy is a necessary evolution in energy production, and fossil fuels will phase out like whale oil did.

So did whale oil. It was a massive industry. A better option was discovered and utilized, fossil fuels. Now they are going to be phased out for a better option.

Yet green energy has bailed out the energy needs of Texans in the last few winters, when it got too cold for the usual power plants to function properly. Right wingers hate green energy because that is what you are fed from right wing disinformation, but they sure loved it in Texas when it kept their heaters working. Keep ruining your reputation with disinformation, and we will expose it.
You should cite a source, but you don't seem to have one that supports your claim. I do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You should cite a source, but you don't seem to have one that supports your claim. I do.
You are conflating two separate problems.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Try looking for it yourself next time before you get shown how obsolete and backwards MAGA is in 2024. Your reputation has declined a bit more.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Try looking for it yourself next time before you get shown how obsolete and backwards MAGA is in 2024. Your reputation has declined a bit more.

Hahaha! It looks like you just got owned and are butt hurt by it, so you go from talking about green energy to MAGA in 2024.
It would have made you look better to simply take your shovel and run home to your husband.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Hahaha! It looks like you just got owned and are butt hurt by it, so you go from talking about green energy to MAGA in 2024.
It would have made you look better to simply take your shovel and run home to your husband.
Yet it's you throwing a Trump tantrum because your feelings got hurt. So, you have nothing more to offer.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Yet it's you throwing a Trump tantrum because your feelings got hurt. So, you have nothing more to offer.
Nope, here's a tantrum: Global warming

I give a source supporting my argument regarding global warming (the topic of the thread), and then you suddenly throw a tantrum about Trump. I know he lives under your skin (and I hope he stays there), but it doesn't mean you need to think about him in regards to everything.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not in the least. Though green energy is good for Texas as it is good for everyone, that power outage problem from that winter storm was not a problem of green vs. dirty energy. That was a infrastructure problem. You remember infrastructure. Biden passed a bill that is helping with that. Texas did not have enough power lines. They did not have enough power plants, regardless of type and they were caught with their pants down.

So once again, that was an infrastructure problem, not a green energy problem.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope, here's a tantrum: Global warming

I give a source supporting my argument regarding global warming (the topic of the thread), and then you suddenly throw a tantrum about Trump. I know he lives under your skin (and I hope he stays there), but it doesn't mean you need to think about him in regards to everything.
No, your source had nothing on AGW except to say that Texans were behaving foolishly.

Laniakea

Not of this world

I wouldn't mind if the technology proves superior to oil. Right now it isn't.
Same here. I like the idea of energy being produced from sunshine. It's good for people who live off-grid, or just want to supplement what they get from traditional services. But it's not reliable enough to be a replacement for what actually works.

Laniakea

Not of this world