• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God can not be disproven by science

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Peace to all,

God, can't be disproven by science, some believe.
To me God can be proven by logic.
To me God existed as The Body of God and as the Eternal Authority in spirit and life existed before creation was ever created was even created from the Person of The Word as God through the Person of Jesus, The Christ, for the Father. The infallible intelligence that manifests eternity forever through His Will is delivered through the Flesh of The person of Jesus, as God from the Holy Spirit Person, as God as The Christ, for all souls of the beings in the Body of God, all mankind to become the again in the image of the Father, God as united.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew
I think you forgot to include the logic part.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
So you have no proper reply and no interest to discuss in honesty. Ok.
I think he realizes that there is no point in discussing something, on the level of:-
"the spaghetti monster and God" are equivalent when it comes to evidence.

This effectively means that people must have no logical reason for their religious belief .. which
I know for a fact, is not true. :)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think he realizes that there is no point in discussing something, on the level of:-

This effectively means that people must have no logical reason for their religious belief .. which
Can you explain how and why they're not on the same level?

AppieB

That was not the point being made. And I didn't even make it. I just pointed out that this is not Whataboutism.
The point being made was the fact that something that can't be disproven is not evidence of itself for the existence of it. When making an analogy like this some people get emotional and don't see the point (or don't want to see the point) and focus on the comparison of God with x and feel insulted.
This doesn't follow from the argument that was made.

Last edited:

AppieB

Copy-pasting a link of a definition is not showing that it is Whataboutism. You actually have to do some work and make an argument or demonstrate the fallacy. Like I did.
For someone that is 'advising' others to read up on philosophy and accusing people of dishonesty you are displaying quite the intellectual laziness.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God can not be disproven by science. Why?

Because God exist outside of time and space. God created space and time, but are itself beyond it
Unless we have a clear and unambiguous definition of a real God such that if we find a real suspect we can determine whether [he]'s God or not, that statement is meaningless.

If God exists only as a concept, notion, thing imagined, in an individual brain, then there's nothing real to prove or disprove. And at this time, that's the only way God is known to exist.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Unless we have a clear and unambiguous definition of a real God such that if we find a real suspect we can determine whether [he]'s God or not, that statement is meaningless.

If God exists only as a concept, notion, thing imagined, in an individual brain, then there's nothing real to prove or disprove. And at this time, that's the only way God is known to exist.

Well, real only exists as a concept, notion, property imagined, in an individual brain. How do I know that? You can't observe it just like God.
The same is the case with existence and to know.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, real only exists as a concept, notion, property imagined, in an individual brain. How do I know that? You can't observe it just like God.
The same is the case with existence and to know.
The justification for scientific method is not that it's infallible or can produce absolute statements, but that it works far better than any other system of enquiry into objective reality, the world external to the self.

I thought you knew that.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Magical Pixies can not be disproven by science. Why?

Because Magical Pixies exist outside of time and space. Magical Pixies created space and time, but are itself beyond it
But as a footnote, the concept of pixies is much more specific, much clearer, so that if after all we happened on a real pixie candidate, we'd have somewhere to start when we set out to establish whether we'd found a real pixie or not,

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The justification for scientific method is not that it's infallible or can produce absolute statements, but that it works far better than any other system of enquiry into objective reality, the world external to the self.

I thought you knew that.

There is no evidence of the bold one. That can't be observed as real for objective reality and is thus meaningless. In fact, since I can't observe that you have human worth or rights, you are meaningless as that you matter as a human is not real.
Learn when you do subjective evolutions in the mind of your self.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That obviously isn't true. Science (or the scientific method) is by far the best way to acquire knowldegde about the observable reality we experience. What other way works better?

What is your observable evidence for it being best? How do you observe best?

AppieB

What is your observable evidence for it being best? How do you observe best?
All of our knowledge about the natural world is acquired by science or the scientific method. We communicating with the help of computers, satellites and electrictity is one example of that. Show me another method of inquiry that is as reliable as science?