• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

It’s the smugness and arrogance that I find repulsive, presuming to know the mind of God.
He gave us the Bible so we could know Him and the Holy Spirit who searches the things of God, it’s not arrogant to receive the things God says we can have. It’s arrogant to think you know more than Him.

”But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.“
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭2‬:‭10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
He gave us the Bible so we could know Him and the Holy Spirit who searches the things of God, it’s not arrogant to receive the things God says we can have. It’s arrogant to think you know more than Him.

”But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.“
In your opinion right?

It isn't that someone is claiming to know more than God, just more than the people claiming they speak for God.

It is as if every time I see someone make these claims, they are really putting up a sign that says "Heaven. Now Under New Management!"

In your opinion right?

It isn't that someone is claiming to know more than God, just more than the people claiming they speak for God.

It is as if every time I see someone make these claims, they are really putting up a sign that says "Heaven. Now Under New Management!"
You must be mistaken because God already spoke, we don’t go beyond what is written but you all have no problem doing that. Seems you’re judging yourself with your “New Management” comment.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You must be mistaken because God already spoke, we don’t go beyond what is written but you all have no problem doing that. Seems you’re judging yourself with your “New Management” comment.
You have your understanding of what is written, but it is yours and not some universal law.

You're correct. I have not buried myself under a rock claiming moral superiority.

I am not. It is a response from those that are telling others how to think and that any deviation from THEIR PLAN is blasphemy.

exchemist

Veteran Member
You have your understanding of what is written, but it is yours and not some universal law.

You're correct. I have not buried myself under a rock claiming moral superiority.

I am not. It is a response from those that are telling others how to think and that any deviation from THEIR PLAN is blasphemy.
What I object to is the notion that such people think they are above judgement: they consider themselves "saved" and as such no longer need to be concerned about how they live their lives. To me, this negates the purpose of religion, which is to guide people in how to live their lives.

The Scriptures mean what they say, have we talked about morality yet?
Buried myself under a rock? I’ve lived without God to the max and with God to the max now. I’d say a full life!
Think how you want but yeah I do know what God means, what His requirements are and He has given me this authority:

”And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”“
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What I object to is the notion that such people think they are above judgement: they consider themselves "saved" and as such no longer need to be concerned about how they live their lives. To me, this negates the purpose of religion, which is to guide people in how to live their lives.
That’s right God has called us to live Holy lives set apart for Him:
”Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into. Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”“
‭‭I Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬-‭16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The Scriptures mean what they say, have we talked about morality yet?
The Scriptures are interpreted. One way to do that is literally. But not the only way or the most important way in my opinion. Plus, some interpretations assume that everything man learns about the world around them is false. That is a very, very, very flawed interpretation in my opinion.
Buried myself under a rock? I’ve lived without God to the max and with God to the max now. I’d say a full life!
If you do, then wonderful. I do too.
Think how you want but yeah I do know what God means, what His requirements are and He has given me this authority:
You believe you do. You don't really know.
”And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”“
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
In fact, they seem more concerned about how others live their lives. In some cases, it downright offends them that someone may have a different opinion or one that is, Heaven forbid, superior to their own or at least as successful.

It offends me that there is this belief that they have been promoted up to be judge of the rest of humanity.

You believe you do. You don't really know.
God confirms His Word with signs following, when people are healed, when demons are cast out, when people are changed from living for the world and devil to their eyes opened to the truth of the Bible and they start telling you how God is speaking to them now.
That’s how I know, God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. When a person seeks God with all their heart is when they find Him. It wasn’t until I abandoned everything and said God I give you everything that He showed up delivered me.
Just because you don’t know doesn’t mean others don’t.

It offends me that there is this belief that they have been promoted up to be judge of the rest of humanity.
You seem to have no problem judging other people, but when the Bible judges your faulty ideas about God you seem to get offended. Then it’s like you still stand on the shore complaining and never step out in faith trusting God, complain about the people who have.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
God confirms His Word with signs following, when people are healed, when demons are cast out, when people are changed from living for the world and devil to their eyes opened to the truth of the Bible and they start telling you how God is speaking to them now.
That’s how I know, God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. When a person seeks God with all their heart is when they find Him. It wasn’t until I abandoned everything and said God I give you everything that He showed up delivered me.
Just because you don’t know doesn’t mean others don’t.
God has not confirmed to me that you are arbiter of truth. Sorry.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You seem to have no problem judging other people, but when the Bible judges your faulty ideas about God you seem to get offended. Then it’s like you still stand on the shore complaining and never step out in faith trusting God, complain about the people who have.
You seem to have no problem judging other people.

The Bible is a book and does not judge. Deifying the Bible is against God in my opinion.

My ideas are not faulty. I see your ideas as faulty. Apparently, I am correct and you are offended that I have a different view.

You step off the edge of a building and let me know how your faith preserves you. Do it twice, just to make sure I get the message if you have to.

When I see that happen, I'll consider that you have more than just a doctrine that you selected and more than just words to repeat cause you're supposed to.

You said you were offended and then say I’m offended, how it goes with you though.
Then, you say step off a building, see how it goes and that’s a temptation the devil tried.
Faith comes by hearing God and trusting what He says, not living a presumptuous life saying God spoke when He didn’t. That's more the prosperity gospel, which is a false gospel.

The Bible is a book and does not judge. Deifying the Bible is against God in my opinion.
Who is deifying the Bible? I said we will be judged by it:
”And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.“
‭‭John‬ ‭12‬:‭47‬-‭48‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You believe The Bible is a reliable record of God, God's will, and history? Why? Where is the objective, confirmatory evidence?
Isn't the Bible full of contradictions and known historical falsehoods -- to say nothing of the numerous, unsupported, miraculous claims that noöne would believe today, if she read it in the paper?
There are plenty of books with fewer contradictions, more consistency, and fewer factual errors, yet you pick one riddled with them.

Your faith rests on unsupported presuppositions, beginning with the very existence of God. You have no objective evidence for your Biblical claims, and a great deal of contradictory evidence, I claim your beliefs are not reasonable.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You said you were offended
I'm offended to see other claim their rules are God's.
and then say I’m offended, how it goes with you though.
You seem to be offended that others may believe in God, but not according to your rules.
Then, you say step off a building, see how it goes and that’s a temptation the devil tried.
Now you are comparing yourself to Christ?
Faith comes by hearing God and trusting what He says, not living a presumptuous life saying God spoke when He didn’t. That's more the prosperity gospel, which is a false gospel.
Do you claim you hear a voice or voices?