• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

Audie

Veteran Member
I have never known a person who doesn’t take God’s name in vain, they mention His name all day long for one reason or another, some blessing His name some as a curse.
You’re talking about Him on here listening to what I have to say and mentioning His Name.
Guess you dont know any Chinese.
Your "god" and " jesus" are nothing to us.

wellwisher

Many people mostly atheists believe that God has been disproven or has being shown to be non-existent. But if you knew the definition and explanation of intelligence, or its variants, or synonyms, you will never claim such illogical claim. Thus, intelligence protects the existence of God from those non-intelligent persons.

I hope that before those who claim that God does not exist, let them define "intelligence" first in the usage of God = Intelligent Creator or Intelligent Designer.

The way I look at it is, God and other spiritual entities are a natural output of the human brain. Such data can appear in dreams and visions, where the ego is sleeping and/or not consciously trying to game the data in a conscious way; from a secondary POV. If we multiply that by a billion people that I lots of data. It does exist if neural data is important. This is the main manifestation of the data. Like trying to find the an elusive animal species, not everyone will get a sighting, if they do not know how to approach the suspicious critter, and not scare the data away before they take the picture.

Another observation of evolution, that I brought up in another topic is connected to natural selection. The theory of evolution and natural selection involves physical changes in the DNA, that can then be passed forward to the next generation. The question becomes how long does a selective behavior need to persist, before it is written to the DNA for biological inheritance?

If I flip a coin, once, is this written to the DNA immediately, allowing it to be transferred through sex? Or does it take much longer, with thousands of flips over decades needed before it becomes engrained in the DNA, so it can connect to natural selection? We can store any one time memory in the brain, but can that little data alone change the DNA?

My guess is this process of writing to the DNA is slow; Galápagos Islands. Does anyone know what the science says in terms of the number of years or iterations of behavior needed to transfer to the DNA, so it becomes genetic part of natural selection?

If you look at human civilization and its many cultures, some of oldest practices, that applied selection pressures onto large populations, that still exist, are connected to the world religions. Some have been around for thousands of years. Christianity and The Muslim religion are new on a relative scale and are both about 2000 years old. Based on the unknown time element for genetic writing, since the world religions are among the oldest consecutively used selective pressures for behavior, these practice may quite well be part of our genetic engrained natural selection.

Science is much newer; 16th century science or more like 20th century for today's science. These may not be part of genetic based natural selection, even if very useful and objective. Magic, which was a very early form of science, may be part of natural selection, since it is as old as religion. This latter natural selection pressure if write onto the DNA, may be what allows many people to accept whatever science says without critical thinking. Critical thinking may not have been around long enough, on a wide enough scale, to impact natural selection at the DNA level. The innate magic DNA based natural selective effect, may be based on a prestige affect; want to be wowed by the unexplained.

I like to call human behavior, with selective social pressures, that have not existed long enough to be engrained on the DNA, all the way to natural selection, manmade selection. Manmade selection needs much more selling, than natural selection. Manmade lacks the innate DNA tendencies of the genetics of natural selection, and therefore needs more in the way of real time external pressures.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is just one of many people who recorded events concerning Jesus, it is funny how you dismiss all these testimonies of actual people in history but would build a whole godless view of creation on a theory by observing small changes in birds or other animals interpreting and extrapolating that into saying all of creation happened without God from what? Abiogenesis that can’t be proven or even close? Or was that another word science came up with because the original idea of evolution was found to be an impossibility.
You do not seem to be able to separate real Jesus from magical Jesus. Tacitus and others like him only support the existence of real Jesus.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is just one of many people who recorded events concerning Jesus, it is funny how you dismiss all these testimonies of actual people in history but would build a whole godless view of creation on a theory by observing small changes in birds or other animals interpreting and extrapolating that into saying all of creation happened without God from what? Abiogenesis that can’t be proven or even close? Or was that another word science came up with because the original idea of evolution was found to be an impossibility.
It's not a testimonial. It's just a remembrance of the events and issues of the time. I'm not saying Jesus wasn't an actual person, but this doesn't constitute evidence of who or what he was.
I have never known a person who doesn’t take God’s name in vain, they mention His name all day long for one reason or another, some blessing His name some as a curse.
You’re talking about Him on here listening to what I have to say and mentioning His Name.
Are you equating the use of God or Jesus as expletives or interjections, with usage in a religious sense?
Not the same thing.

Audie

Veteran Member
It's not a testimonial. It's just a remembrance of the events and issues of the time. I'm not saying Jesus wasn't an actual person, but this doesn't constitute evidence of who or what he was.

Are you equating the use of God or Jesus as expletives or interjections, with usage in a religious sense?
Not the same thing.
Still less does a limited life experience
demonstrate anything but itself, limited
experience.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for asking,
Jesus Christ is awesome because of this and without Him everyone would be lost and spend eternity apart from the light of God in the Lake of Fire.
This is a myth, isn't it; no more reliable than any other religious mythology.
”We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints; because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth; as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf, who also declared to us your love in the Spirit. For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.“
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬-‭23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

”Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”“
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭1‬-‭8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
”But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9‬:‭11‬-‭15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
More religious mythology. It's faith, not fact based.
The Bible isn't a particularly reliable document. It's claims are hearsay, and many times retold. Many are variations of religious mythology from past cultures. It's full of contradictions and factual errors. It's been highly edited. It's attributions of authorship are apocryphal.

What makes it more authoritative than the Quran, the Vedas, the Popol Vuh, or the Chronicles of Narnia? Where is the objective, testable evidence, of its claims? Do we even have disinterested testimony from unrelated sources?

Places and major events are common knowledge. Fiction almost always places itself within known history, places and events
Except you know better about Jesus Christ, we both do and the evidence is overwhelming even if you want to try to deny that.
Would be nice if people were honest about it and just say we won’t have this Jesus rule over us and will do whatever I want, be done with the charade.

It's faith, not fact based
It is based on faith and then you get your facts because God always shows up when people come to Him like this:

”Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭3‬, ‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Except you know better about Jesus Christ, we both do and the evidence is overwhelming even if you want to try to deny that.
Would be nice if people were honest about it and just say we won’t have this Jesus rule over us and will do whatever I want, be done with the charade.
Evidence of what is overwhelming?
I see largely unsupported mythology and legends, and fantastical claims of miracles. Where is the historical evidence, or the evidence of the fantastical claims?

People aren't rejecting Christian mythology because they don't want to live by its precepts. The mythology is rejected because it's unsupported myth, and often factually wrong.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is based on faith and then you get your facts because God always shows up when people come to Him like this:

”Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
This is, at best, poetic gobbledygook. Try substituting that sentence for "faith" in normal conversation.
Faith is unsupported belief; belief without evidence or based on scanty evidence.
For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭3‬, ‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Your faith is epistemic nonsense. It's pure confirmation bias. It has no confirmation criteria except existing belief.

This is, at best, poetic gobbledygook. Try substituting that sentence for "faith" in normal conversation.
Faith is unsupported belief; belief without evidence or based on scanty evidence.
You really can’t read and understand the message of the Bible? Your definition of faith is called presumption.
I posted the definition and here is a simple illustration:
I told my son to go to the grocery store and pick up the groceries and you don’t need money because I paid for them. He can have faith/trust in what I said and go and pick up the groceries not bringing any money or he can not have faith and bring money. When he gets to the store and the groceries are paid for he doesn’t need faith any more he has the groceries.

Your faith is epistemic nonsense. It's pure confirmation bias. It has no confirmation criteria except existing belief.
I can use my brain and look at the world around me and know there is a Creator, I’d be a complete fool to not be able to discern that. Based on that basic understanding is why I sought Him out when I needed help and He showed up and delivered me. Saved me and I was born again when I repented and believed the Gospel. If He didn’t do anything I wouldn’t be here. He gave me His Spirit and I don’t need faith to believe the things I’ve already received.

Last edited:
Evidence of what is overwhelming?
I see largely unsupported mythology and legends, and fantastical claims of miracles. Where is the historical evidence, or the evidence of the fantastical claims?
I found the eyewitness accounts to be true as well as the infallible proofs they wrote down and witnessed.

”The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.“
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can use my brain and look at the world around me and know there is a Creator, I’d be a complete fool to not be able to discern that. Based on that basic understanding is why I sought Him out when I needed help and He showed up and delivered me.
OK, so what brainwork shows you a creator, and why are 'professional brainworkers' like scientists and philosophers so likely to be atheists? Please talk me through the reasoning that leads to our belief.
"Based on that understanding...?" You didn't mention any understanding. Please explain what this basic understanding is.
Saved me and I was born again when I repented and believed the Gospel. If He didn’t do anything I wouldn’t be here. He gave me His Spirit and I don’t need faith to believe the things I’ve already received.
You do need faith to believe in a conscious source for 'the things you've received'.
Please explain why you chose to believe, repent, &c. What evidence led you to this ontologic conclusion?