• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you give me an example of it not being utilitarian?
Multiverse or manyworlds hypotheses. The discovery that skunks are not, in fact, closely enough related to the weasels to be classed in mustelidae. The discovery of black holes in the center of galaxies.

These truths, to the best of my knowledge, have no current social, economic, or industrial utility.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What witnesses? There are four different stories about who went to the tomb, what was encountered there, and what was done afterwards.

John and Matthew. Luke took the depositions of eye-witnesses. If you want the complete story, you can read the “Chronological Bible"
=
How do you determine which is which -- or if any of the tales are historical?
By the eyewitness accounts, the deposition given to Luke, and the corroborations of the Pauline Epistles, supportive documentation of the General Epistles and the next generations’’ writings round it out for a complete and exact historical record.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Multiverse or manyworlds hypotheses. The discovery that skunks are not, in fact, closely enough related to the weasels to be classed in mustelidae. The discovery of black holes in the center of galaxies.
Those are facts… not truths. Multiverse could be wrong. Skunks may not be closely related but are related. Discovery of a black hole is a discovery and not a “truth”… or… maybe you need to define what is truth and prove that your definition is true and truth? ;)
These truths, to the best of my knowledge, have no current social, economic, or industrial utility.
These facts may not have “current” utility but it hardly constitutes no utility.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Have gotten you where? At your age what do you have to show for your life? You’re at the end of your life and still haven’t figured out why you’re here.
That is an interesting approach to witness. Belittle people and beat them down. Does that help save people or just make you feel better about yourself?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think you’d have sympathy for the devil.
I think you will never respond to points made to you and will continue to use insulting posts to elude answers with conviction in them.

Do YOU consider beating people down and belittling them to be good witness? That is a question. One you should be able to answer. And it doesn't require any of the evasive responses I have noted in much of your posting.

Is it good witness? Do you think it serves the Lord? Or is it just a means that some might use to feel better about themselves?

Last edited:
I think you will never respond to points made to you and will continue to use insulting posts to elude answers with conviction in them.

Do YOU consider beating people down and belittling them to be good witness? That is a question. One you should be able to answer. And it doesn't require any of the evasive responses I have noted in much of your posting.

Is it good witness? Do you think it serves the Lord? Or is it just a means that some might use to feel better about themselves?
You’d be good to follow the conversations and comment in a timely manner and in the whole context of them, but yeah you’d have sympathy for the devil by what you say.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You’d be good to follow the conversations and comment in a timely manner and in the whole context of them, but yeah you’d have sympathy for the devil by what you say.
You'd be a good to follow the questions asked of you and respond to them in a timely manner.

I would think another Christian would respond to my questions. Are you saying they wouldn't?

You’d probably give Jesus Christ a 30 day break for what he would say on here. He say stuff like this and warning after warning.

”Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭8‬:‭54‬-‭56‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What I say has to do with what I see as the shoddy behavior of one person for another.

So defending people against persecution and abuse is a tool of Satan?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You’d probably give Jesus Christ a 30 day break for what he would say on here. He say stuff like this and warning after warning.

”Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭8‬:‭54‬-‭56‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
I'm just wondering how long you will evade answering these questions, before you run off.

Now you are insulting, persecuting and belittling me.

I can only conclude that you must consider these tactics to be good witness. Now I wonder how a Christian can hold that view.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Why don’t you answer for yourself, you’re concerned about who being persecuted and for what?
Why won't you answer the questions I asked. Why try to force your burden of proof onto me.

Do you think that belittling people and beating them down is good witness for the Lord? Or is it just to make a person feel better about themselves?

How does pointing this belittling out make a person a tool of Satan?

Why won't you answer the questions I asked. Why try to force your burden of proof onto me.

Do you think that belittling people and beating them down is good witness for the Lord? Or is it just to make a person feel better about themselves?

How does pointing this belittling out make a person a tool of Satan?
You’re the one who started with the persecution, belittling stuff and you can’t even say who or what it is, or the context of the conversation.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm, I must say. What parts of the Bible did you say you actually believe are truthful?
Do you think that belittling others and beating them down is good witness? Are you claiming that is part of the Bible?

Is following someone around for months make veiled references and snide comments good witness? Where is that found in the Bible?