• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Is Not A Christian

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't believe we can bring God anywhere He doesn't want to go.

I believe that happens and that is why it is important to listen to what God says about Himself.
But who do you really listen to, the church, the preacher, your own inner voice ?..........my inner voice might be different than your's, so who do you listen to ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe I listen to God. My own inner voices are unreliable.
Well of course when I say your inner voice, then of course its not your own carnal voice, its really a deep intuitive understanding, the voice is secondary to that, so you will interpret what comes from within you differently than how I would interpret what becomes from within me, we add our own spin to it, after all it has to come through the mind.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well of course when I say your inner voice, then of course its not your own carnal voice, its really a deep intuitive understanding, the voice is secondary to that, so you will interpret what comes from within you differently than how I would interpret what becomes from within me, we add our own spin to it, after all it has to come through the mind.

I believe my mind speaks to itself verbally although not vocally and certainly my spirit speaks to my mind as well but those are unreliable. The Spirit of God speaks to me and He is reliable. The only other voice is the voice of evil spirits and I am able to discern them and tell them to get lost.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe my mind speaks to itself verbally although not vocally and certainly my spirit speaks to my mind as well but those are unreliable. The Spirit of God speaks to me and He is reliable. The only other voice is the voice of evil spirits and I am able to discern them and tell them to get lost.
Please tell me a what your voices say to you, and how do you know there from god, I hear voices all the time.

momen

مؤمن
Prove it.
I cannot prove it by a sentence or two. Study the scriptures well, and you will see a strong divine evidence of their origin.
But unfortunately it seems you're only open to the ideas of God deciding "to make a personal appearance at a press conference, and [him going] through a Q&A session."

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
God Is Not A Christian

No kidding?
That was a profound post.
How could God be a Christian?
A Christian is a follower of Christ.
Christian means a "follower of Christ".

I would posit that Christ is a follower of God.
Arguments welcomed.

Kirran

Premium Member
I believe that the religion that Adam and Eve practiced in the garden of Eden was the only one that God condoned.....It was just worship of the Creator...it had no rituals, no idols, no lengthy set of rules, liturgy or prayers, no imposing buildings or men dressed in fancy clothes with impressive titles
pop.gif

.....it was just pure worship and it didn't need to have a label.
no.gif

Interesting! Some of this chimes for me. Is there any 'how' to your worship? Or do you aim to simply understand your walking, your sleeping, your eating, your making love, as being acts of worship?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
God is not a Christian.
God is not Jewish.
God is not Islamic.
God is not a Hindu.

God, as the supreme being, monotheistic deity, or creator of the universe, is not a member of any man made, earth bound religion. No single religion/denomination can lay claim that God belongs to them, and them alone. If anything, the exact nature of God is unknown. You can quote whatever holy book that you want, it does not prove anything.

It is important to separate the human conceptions of God from what we can actually observe...which will be difficult, since God does not make personal appearances and has yet to be captured on camera/video. To that end, we have to study nature and the cosmos in order to see God's creation at work and evolving (incidentally that is the core of deism).

God can't be bound in any human system of belief. Nor can God be restricted to one culture or geographic location. The exact details about God are unknown, and will remain so until said deity decides to make a personal appearance at a press conference, and goes through a Q&A session.
IOW, your beliefs are correct and everyone whose beliefs disagree with yours are wrong, and you can see God where other people can't.

Goody - another internet prophet. I was worried we were going to run out.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
IOW, your beliefs are correct and everyone whose beliefs disagree with yours are wrong, and you can see God where other people can't.

Goody - another internet prophet. I was worried we were going to run out.

Feel free to jump in there 17 days after the fact, with your infinite words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Interesting! Some of this chimes for me. Is there any 'how' to your worship? Or do you aim to simply understand your walking, your sleeping, your eating, your making love, as being acts of worship?

Hello Kirran, as a Christian, the Bible tells me "how to" worship my God acceptably in the person of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, the majority of those who identify as "Christians" do not live up to his teachings. Its easy to wear a label but not so easy to have the evidence to convict one of "being" a Christian. Actions always speak louder than words.

The only reason why God introduced a set of laws to govern behavior and worship was to separate his people from the false worship that had been set up by men wanting to do things "their" way. Every law of God had a purpose, and every penalty for breaking a law was in keeping with God's perfect justice.

Justice itself is not guided by sentiment, but can be modified by mercy when circumstances warrant it. When mercy was not warranted, justice was administered swiftly.

The God of the Bible is a "father" figure, which makes us his children. Like all caring parents, he wants to protect and guide us for our own good. Giving us free will didn't mean that we were free to do whatever we wanted.....children have to learn to use their freedom to benefit themselves and others. Selfish tendencies need to be rooted out. Learning the wise use of free will is why we are experiencing the difficulties of this life. We lost so much when our first parents decided to take an independent course from the one determined by their Creator, so he stepped back to allow his errant children to experience the full impact of that independent life. What has the human race learned so far? In all the advances man has made with technology, he still cannot live in peace with his neighbor. He is greedily raping the earth and expecting it not to groan under the weight of his assault. War is the only way man knows how to flex his political muscles and the earth will never be a place of peace and security for all under his domination. We are simply not designed to rule ourselves or others. Give a man power and it corrupts him every time.

God is putting the world on notice that he will soon end this learning exercise and bring about the kind of rulership he purposed at the beginning.....HIS rulership. Mankind will have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that independence from his Maker will never bring about a better world. As tenants of this planet who were supposed to be its caretakers, an eviction notice is being served....and rightly so. Those who want to live under the rulership of this planet's Creator humbly submit to his rulership now by withdrawing all support from worldly politics and false religion who share in the vast bloodguilt that has been seen down through the centuries. We don't have to be the ones shedding the blood to bear the guilt along with them...we merely have to condone what they do and support any retaliatory action. By our own actions we reveal whose side we are on. God has a people who love and serve him. They are at peace with God and with their neighbors even now, observing how the Bible's prophesies being fulfilled.

This world is ruled by God's adversary because he was the one who said man doesn't need God to tell him how to live. I think we can safely say that he was a pathetic liar.

Once God has evicted the bad tenants, with lessons learned and precedents set for all eternity, his children can then go back to what our first parents were given in Eden. Freedom within the limits set by their Creator without all the trappings that humans seem to want to incorporate into their worship. There will not be a single survivor of this present world system who will be able to say..."I did it MY WAY". It will be those who humbly seek to do things "God's way"...happily and voluntarily.