• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God/Yahweh/Allah I BELIEVE started as volcanic activity

The Fog Horn

:facepalm:

and predates hebrews and their god

You stated between 1600 and 1200 BC didn't you?

For most of the twentieth century, archaeologists placed it at approximately 1500 BCE,[15] but this date appeared to be too young as radiocarbon dating analysis of an olive tree buried beneath a lava flow from the volcano indicate that the eruption occurred between 1627 BCE and 1600 BCE with a 95% degree of probability.[24][25][26]

Minoan eruption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please explain to me how 1600 is not 1600 as I can't see it.

Also watch this......and it's subsequent parts....

[youtube]A4STmbhnCIs[/youtube]
Santorini eruption: the onset (the first biblical plague of Egypt) - YouTube

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Proving once again you're posting on a thread you've not read.

Research Santorini....Thera....the biggest eruption in recorded history. Just North of Egypt. It was so destruction it ended a Chinese dynsaty.

JUST North? Try several thousands of miles. Enough to effect Egypt, to be sure, but far away enough that no one in that area would have any idea what was causing the problems that would have occurred.

Plus, as far as dating is concerned, from Wikipedia with three sources:

...as radiocarbon dating analysis of an olive tree buried beneath a lava flow from the volcano indicate that the eruption occurred between 1627 BCE and 1600 BCE with a 95% degree of probability.[24][25][26]

That's WAY before the exodus supposedly took place, if it took place at all. (Traditionally circa 1500 BC).

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
You've not read all my posts.

Have a look at how many question marks there are along that route. That route is fabricated to hide the truth. I have already stated in this thread that there are no volcanoes in either Egypt or Sinai. That is probably why Mount Sinai was pegged where it was....to fudge the facts further. Read the Bible. It says very clearly Mount Sinai was in Midian and Midian is now Saudi! I made a whole post on this and included several verses that demonstate Mt Sinai and the Hebrews were in North Western Saudi.

Fabricated? We're bringing the illuminati into this now?

What possible motivation would there be to fabricate such a thing?

outhouse

Atheistically
That's WAY before the exodus supposedly took place, if it took place at all.

according to historians and scholars semetic people started slowly migrating into the area around 1200 ish BC

the Merneptah stele dated 1209BC possibly dates the earliest date for a culture of israel allthough archeology does show a slow migration of people after 1200BC and the population increasing dramatically after that.

outhouse

Atheistically
You stated between 1600 and 1200 BC didn't you?

Minoan eruption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please explain to me how 1600 is not 1600 as I can't see it.

Also watch this......and it's subsequent parts....

[youtube]A4STmbhnCIs[/youtube]
Santorini eruption: the onset (the first biblical plague of Egypt) - YouTube

So ancient hebrews that didnt exist at that time created there god 400 years later from a event hey didnt witness or had no knowledge about.

You need to look up yahwey and se all the details and know him to know what your talking about if you want to prove his origin.

Your going about this backwards trying to tie in volcanic activity to something your ignorant on.

outhouse

Atheistically
the first possible date given for yahwey is 1500BC and thats sketchy at best because its coming from egytptian records and before hebrews existed. The fact it was written in 1500BC and im giving you a hundred year bonus because the concept may have existed before it was written. With that said you need to look at the estomology of the word your trying to play with.

Another thing you need to understand is ancient deities evolve with time as culture change, another field your ignorant in.

If your going to guess you need to do some real homework

outhouse

Atheistically
If you need help looking for resources just ask. I have no problem helping someone that will seek it.

were not trying to shoot you down as much as getting you on the right path here.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
might add that parts of yahwey can be traced back to storm related material. [only by estomology]

not volcanic in any way shape or form.
Possibly, yeah. Although even with this, I'm not sure if it's hyperbole and metaphor. Can you show some info on this sometime?

As we know, that the Torah is from various styles of writing: Jahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomist, and Priestly, so if we assume for a moment that the Hebrews used (at least) two different styles of stories and thus their deities, we have (at least) two deities to take stories of: Jahwist's God being a warrior God, pretty amoral, traditional, and prone to violent and seemingly random acts (not letting Moses enter Canaan), and Elohist's God regrets stuff and uses angels, and likes wrestling.

Truth is, there is a lot of things that the Hebrew God of the past could have been. We will probably never know for sure.

The Fog Horn

In Freud's essay he suggests maybe the Hebrews were first influenced by Aten in Egypt, a belief in one god only, and then, on leaving Egypt, came across another type of monotheism in Midian....the strict worship of one god via volcanism and the wiping out of all paganism, which just means non-belief in Yahweh. It was the volcanoes that made the OT so violent and unforgiving, the latter traits only coming in after the volanoes were abandoned for safer territory and Yahweh becoming omnipresent and omniscient.....in people's heads. A god inside people's heads is even more effective than one that just blows its trumpet and throws out fire and brimstones. It can be loving and forgiving, just like a father. God being a father figure is not an OT trait but a NT one. He doesn't need to be real to be effective. A child can be fooled into thinking he has a loving father somewhere over there who knows what he's thinking and loves him dearly despite him not existing at all.

Some people seem to think the Hebrews just sprung out of no-where. Well, that would certainly explain the lack of evidence of their existence in Egypt but it certainly would not be a very logical explanation. The most logical explanation is that they were in Egypt but they were not known as Hebrews.

Here is one possibility that is worth further investigation.....

From Habiru to Hebrews: The Roots of the Jewish Tradition > Robert Wolfe

Last edited:

The Fog Horn

This ancient Zionist map (named here as the first Zionist atlas) clearly reveals the fact the Jews and most likely the ancient Hebrews did not know there was a Gulf of Aqaba. The journey in red goes south a long way down on the right and loops back up towards the Levant. This must be an illustration of their trip down into Saudi. The only other logical explanation for this map is that the Gulf of Aqaba was intentionally left out in order to give the impression the Hebrews did not stray into Arabia. At the time of this map's publishing, not many people would have known to challenge this dubious cartography. Buying time perhaps or simple ignorance. Who knows?

Scroll down page until you find 'The route of the Exodus'...

USM|Osher Map Library

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

I believe god/yahweh/allah started out as volcanic activity. Please discuss this with me. Anything I say will be in my own words unless clearly stated with links to the original source. Please ask anything you want.

Well I beleive God started out as a binary, fractal, self-replicating algorithm.

The Fog Horn

Well I beleive God started out as a binary, fractal, self-replicating algorithm.

Each to their own. I suppose it was all the Biblical verses that depict numbers, ancient caluclators and mathematical tables that helped you come to that conclusion.

Oh hell fire! I feel like throwing myself into the blazing furnace! Show me the way to god's home. I'm tired and I want to go to hell. I had a little drink at the tabernacle tent about an hour ago (after the lamb slaughter....oh messy!) and it went right to my head. Wherever I may roam, on land or volcano or ash cone, you will always here me singing this song. Show me the way to god's home....because if I touch the mount I will surely be put to death and then I won't have to have this bloody frustration!!

:D

Riverwolf

Premium Member
What is a binary algorithm?

Binary is the numeric system of 1s and 0s (typically representing on/off, true/false, etc.), and an algorithm is a series of steps to achieve an end.

I think the statement was a joke, though, because these are typically used as computer science terms nowadays.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Binary is the numeric system of 1s and 0s (typically representing on/off, true/false, etc.), and an algorithm is a series of steps to achieve an end.
Thanks. I started programming professionally sometime around around 1983 (mostly in assembly language). And, yes, I assumed it was a joke ... :facepalm:

outhouse

Atheistically
Possibly, yeah. Although even with this, I'm not sure if it's hyperbole and metaphor. Can you show some info on this sometime?

As we know, that the Torah is from various styles of writing: Jahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomist, and Priestly, so if we assume for a moment that the Hebrews used (at least) two different styles of stories and thus their deities, we have (at least) two deities to take stories of: Jahwist's God being a warrior God, pretty amoral, traditional, and prone to violent and seemingly random acts (not letting Moses enter Canaan), and Elohist's God regrets stuff and uses angels, and likes wrestling.

Truth is, there is a lot of things that the Hebrew God of the past could have been. We will probably never know for sure.

from wiki yahweh

Etymology

As the origins of Yahweh seem to lie to the southeast of Israel, in Edom and Midian or even further south, an alternative explanation looks for its etymology in South Semitic languages like Arabic rather than in Hebrew, which is West Semitic. One of the meanings of HWY in Arabic is connected with falling or causing to fall, leading to an interpretation of Yahweh as a storm god whose name means "He who causes to fall" (meaning rain, lightning, and his enemies) or "He storms". This also helps explain Yahweh's attributes as a storm god (he comes to rescue Israel surrounded by darkness and thick clouds, and the earth trembles, the clouds drop water, and the mountains quake at his appearance), and the way he appropriates attributes from the rival storm god Baal