• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God/Yahweh/Allah I BELIEVE started as volcanic activity

outhouse

Atheistically
I have hundreds to demostrate he was a volcano god?

um no you do not, you have scripture and imagination. And the scripture is very weak ta boot!

You've made this claim....now collate all the evidence and post it.

playing your game with your rules will not help you create imagination into reality.

yahweh by etymology has been proven to be a storm type deity, not even a full on storm god. At one point he may have been but the deity evolved into a Warrior god.

You would be better off barking up elohims tree as he goes back to mountains.

As it stands your throwing darts in a dark room still [facepalm]

outhouse

Atheistically
Your short coming is the title of this thread to boot. yahweh evolved into god which evolved into alla

yahwey evolved and many deities merged when hebrews became monotheistic. writers redacted elohim which also evolved through many stages as well.

having yahweh's etymology as a storm god of nature does not maek him strictly a volcanic god.

Go fish

The Fog Horn

false many of which you have posted show the storm connection and you twist it into volcanic activity [facepalm]

Can you please try to post just one reply?

Please show me which verses I posted that could refer to a storm god. You seem incapable or unwilling to post some of your own so post some I posted that sound stormy and not volcanic.

outhouse

Atheistically
Can you please try to post just one reply?

Please show me which verses I posted that could refer to a storm god. You seem incapable or unwilling to post some of your own so post some I posted that sound stormy and not volcanic.

You seem to be under the false impression that scripture is "ALL" valid history :facepalm:

the exodus never happened as written according to history and or scholars.

The god figure pre dates scripture, your trying to describe the birth of something talking about a 12 year old child instead

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
All of which can be attributed to a volcano, which causes storms, rain, lightening, clouds, clouds to open up, thunder, etc. It would be interesting to see a complete list of dscriptive terms for Yahweh. The difference between the verses above and the ones below is that the above states he is the shedder of....such and such....not that he IS such and such.

He he he... that wasn't from the Bible, nor was it describing Yahweh. *mischievous grin*

That's Scripture glorifying a Deity who is KNOWN to be a Storm God, a Warrior God, and King of Heaven to boot.

Here's the entire Sukta:

1. The chanters (of the Sama) extol Indra with songs; the reciters of the Rich, with prayers; (the priests of the Yajush), with texts.
  2. Indra, the blender of all things, comes, verily, with his steeds that are harnessed at his word,- Indra, the richly-decorated, the wielder of the thunderbold.
  3. Indra, to render all things visible, elevated the sun in the sky, and charged the cloud with (abundant) waters.
  4. Invincible Indra, protect us, in battles abounding in spoil, with insuperable defenses.
  5. We invoke Indra for great affluence; Indra, for limited wealth,-(our) ally, and wielder of the thunderbolt against (our) enemies.
  6. Shedder of rain, granter of all desires, set open this cloud. Thou art never uncompliant with our (requests).
  7. Whatever excellent praises are given to other divinities, they are (also, the due) of Indra, the thunderer. I do not know his fitting praise.
  8. The shedder of rain, the mighty lord, the always compliant, invests men with his strength; as a bull (defends) a herd of kine.
  9. Indra, who alone rules over men, over riches, and over the five (classes) of the dwellers on earth.
  10. We invoke, for you, Indra, who is everywhere among men. May he be exclusively our own.
-Rig Veda Mandala 1 Sukta 7

My point is that THIS was the crazy idea that came to mind when Outhouse posted that wikipedia paragraph: that Yahweh is the Vedic King of the Gods, Indra. (As a side note, for other reasons, I've occasionally entertained the crazy idea that the Abrahamic God is a vindictive Brahma who's upset at not being often worshiped due to a curse... probably the craziest idea I've ever come up with.)

Completely crazy and highly unlikely, but MUCH more likely than your theory.

Just because you like a crazy idea, and it appears to be backed up by some bits of Scripture when read a certain way, doesn't make it a viable theory.

outhouse

Atheistically
I believe god/yahweh/allah started out as volcanic activity. Please discuss this with me. Anything I say will be in my own words unless clearly stated with links to the original source. Please ask anything you want.

what you do not realize and fail at, is that the deity wasnt created from a volcano.

Ancient people attributed many things in nature they didnt understand as a deities power.

Could have ancient people looked at a volcano and attributed it to yahweh? yes they could. But that doesnt create a deity that already exist. Other tribes or cultures would look at the same volcano and attribute it to many other deities. Yet in the levant there are no major volcanic deities of any kind. [unless I missed something in the wiki link I gave you]

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Completely crazy and highly unlikely, but MUCH more likely than your theory.
I quite like it.

My own opinion is a bit darker; I see him more like an asura then a deva, much less less prajāpati Brahmā deva -- whom I like. :D

The Fog Horn

Psalms 78:21 Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;

Psalms 89:46 How long, LORD? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?

Isaiah 9:19 Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.

Isaiah 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:

Isaiah 30:30 And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.

Isaiah 42:25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

Isaiah 66:15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Jeremiah 15:14 And I will make thee to pass with thine enemies into a land which thou knowest not: for a fire is kindled in mine anger, which shall burn upon you.

Jeremiah 17:4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

Lamentations 2:3 He hath cut off in his fierce anger all the horn of Israel: he hath drawn back his right hand from before the enemy, and he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire, which devoureth round about.

Lamentations 4:11 The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof.

Ezekiel 38:19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

Nahum 1:6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

I don't care what happened before the volcano (because god doesn't exist anyway and the OT is based on THIS god....nasty, firey, wrathful, fierce, blazing). I cannot believe you lot are still in denial....but I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I quite like it.

My own opinion is a bit darker; I see him more like an asura then a deva, much less less prajāpati Brahmā deva -- whom I like. :D

Well, there was a time when Asuras weren't demons. ^_^

(BTW, what's the keyboard shortcut for the long ā?)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Well, there was a time when Asuras weren't demons. ^_^
True, true. I don't consider asuras as demons personally. Just.. different in comparison to the devas, I guess.

(BTW, what's the keyboard shortcut for the long ā?)
I'm on Linux, so to type ā for me is altgr + -, and then press a. I can type a lot of more difficult keys, like ṁ, ṇ, ṅ, ḍ, etc.

If you're in Windows, then it's: Alt + Numpad 0277 for ā, Alt + 256 for Ā. I dunno about other keys though. If I have to use Windows and decide to check the forums, I normally just go in character map and find it in there. :D

outhouse

Atheistically
(because god doesn't exist anyway and the OT is based on THIS god....nasty, firey, wrathful, fierce, blazing).

you dont have the biblical knowkedge to even begin to address this issue.

the god of the bible is many things that evolved for over a thousand years

you sure do seem to enjoy picking out verses in the middle LOL instead of focusing when a deity may have been created

I believe god/yahweh/allah started out as volcanic activity. Please discuss this with me. Anything I say will be in my own words unless clearly stated with links to the original source. Please ask anything you want.

It seems to me that if you actually do believe that "the God" was caused by volcanic activity, you should explain why you have such a strange belief! If you cannot explain what you believe, why are you in the forums? That is their whole purpose.

Peace :)

The Fog Horn

It seems to me that if you actually do believe that "the God" was caused by volcanic activity, you should explain why you have such a strange belief! If you cannot explain what you believe, why are you in the forums? That is their whole purpose.

Peace :)

It seems to me that if you actually read the whole thread you'd know why I think people have a strange belief in a volcanic activity god! If you cannot read an entire thread then why post on it? That is their whole purpose.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
True, true. I don't consider asuras as demons personally. Just.. different in comparison to the devas, I guess.

I'm not sure what the original difference was; all I know is that Varuna was originally an Asura and later became a Deva.

I'm on Linux, so to type ā for me is altgr + -, and then press a. I can type a lot of more difficult keys, like ṁ, ṇ, ṅ, ḍ, etc.

If you're in Windows, then it's: Alt + Numpad 0277 for ā, Alt + 256 for Ā. I dunno about other keys though. If I have to use Windows and decide to check the forums, I normally just go in character map and find it in there. :D

Hm... doesn't seem to work. Oh, well, now I know where to find them. ^_^

Riverwolf

Premium Member
This thread is still going on? Wow.

What's even more surprising is that I haven't seen any of our counter-arguments addressed besides "fabrication." After all, most academics are actually members of the Illuminati and, thus, are trying to fabricate knowledge to keep people from knowing the truth because... they're the Illuminati... and it's... just what they do, I guess. :shrug:

The Fog Horn

What's even more surprising is that I haven't seen any of our counter-arguments addressed besides "fabrication." After all, most academics are actually members of the Illuminati and, thus, are trying to fabricate knowledge to keep people from knowing the truth because... they're the Illuminati... and it's... just what they do, I guess. :shrug:

Don't put words into my mouth. Things have been confused though, take the location of Mount Sinai for one and the over-looking of Midian. That alone is a dead give-away that the Jews and most likely the Saudis (or all muslim countries) are terrified of it getting out. It's a proveable fact the location was not chosen because it was definitely the correct mountain. If they didn't know for sure which mountain it was and in which country, why pick the mountain they did pick? Smoke and mirrors tactics.....but they are wearing thin.

Illuminati? I'm not a Christian :p

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Don't put words into my mouth. Things have been confused though, take the location of Mount Sinai for one and the over-looking of Midian. That alone is a dead give-away that the Jews and most likely the Saudis (or all muslim countries) are terrified of it getting out. It's a proveable fact the location was not chosen because it was definitely the correct mountain. If they didn't know for sure which mountain it was and in which country, why pick the mountain they did pick? Smoke and mirrors tactics.....but they are wearing thin.

Illuminati? I'm not a Christian :p

The term "illuminati" has become a catch-all term for fictional conspiracies that try to hide truth. The conspiracy that you're referring to may not strictly be the illuminati, but it holds the same amount of weight as far as actual existence/influence goes.

IOW, I don't believe for one second that such attempts even exist, for a few reasons.

1. The scholarship that has determined these things consists of Jews, Christians, atheists, etc...
2. What the bloody heck would be the motivation?
3. Once you start declaring all opposing sources as "fabrication", you've essentially declared that you have no intention of actually arguing, and that no matter what the contrary evidence may say, you're always right.

Oh, and another thing. From your Wikipedia source on Midian:

Geographical location and culture

Establishing the precise location of Midian is difficult, but the Seventh-day Adventist Bible Dictionary suggests that it may have extended from the eastern shores of the Sinai peninsula to the deserts east of the Gulf of Aqabah, Edom and Moab.[8]
The Midianites were nomadic shepherds who traveled in small bands with their goats and sheep and camels in the dry season and moved into larger groups during the lambing or wet season. They lived in tents of goat hair and ate mostly bread, baked in hot charcoals and sand, and dairy products. Their clothing was loose and baggy, both sexes wore tunics, those of the women being thinner with slits running through the sides and a veil covered the head.[citation needed]

IOW, no, it doesn't prove anything, because the best we can say about the place is that it's in the Sinai peninsula, not Arabia.

Last edited:

The Fog Horn

The term "illuminati" has become a catch-all term for fictional conspiracies that try to hide truth. The conspiracy that you're referring to may not strictly be the illuminati, but it holds the same amount of weight as far as actual existence/influence goes.

IOW, I don't believe for one second that such attempts even exist, for a few reasons.

1. The scholarship that has determined these things consists of Jews, Christians, atheists, etc...
2. What the bloody heck would be the motivation?
3. Once you start declaring all opposing sources as "fabrication", you've essentially declared that you have no intention of actually arguing, and that no matter what the contrary evidence may say, you're always right.

Oh, and another thing. From your Wikipedia source on Midian:

IOW, no, it doesn't prove anything, because the best we can say about the place is that it's in the Sinai peninsula, not Arabia.

The Illuminati is the Illuminati, whether still in existence or not, and a conspiracy is a conspiracy. What could be the motivation of naming a mountain in Sinai as the Mt Sinai? Is that a joke? What do you think the implications of Mt Sinai being in Saudi would be? Not only would it cause geo-political complications it would also mean the volcanic aspect would be discovered and that would lead to Islam also being exposed as a volcano cult. Israel is on the defensive and always has been. If the truth got out it also might become apparent that not only is Mt Sinai sited incorrectly but so too is Israel.

Exodus 13:18 But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
20And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the edge of the wilderness.
21And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.
Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.
9But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon.
16But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
29But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

The 'wilderness of the Red Sea' is Sinai. They 'went through' the wilderness, most likely using the well trodden path going west to east along the trade caravan route and were led by the pillar of smoke by day and pillar of fire by night (volcano in Saudi). They then arrived at the sea, made a short crossing (which drowned the army) thanks to a tsunami due to seismic activity causing the sea to temporarily drain. They arrived on land that was not the wilderness of the red Sea....not Sinai.

'Pihahiroth' is speculated as meaning 'mouth of the gorges'. Could this be the name of the Northern end of the Gulf of Aqaba? So before Pihahiroth must be South of the mount of the Aqaba but next to the sea.

Now can you please tell me how they could have crossed a sea after going through the Wilderness of the Red Sea and still remain in the Wilderness of the Red Sea....Sinai.

Last edited: