• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Bishadi

It is a term used often in Tibetan Buddhism as is Mental Continuum.
if it be tibetan, (which is llama style).... might want to look into the reincarnation wheel.... cuz that perhaps be what they talkin about!

and the 'so what?' ..... was stepping on that for you

Doesn't prove the existence of God.
wasn't trying to prove god
but seems like, a 'definition' was being provided: since none on the globes renditions offered enough for your 'mind'

That's one meaning of mind.
a common ground...... :drool:

No, inherently as in the lack of essence. Existing dependently.

That be good stuff. As everything exists 'dependently'...... not as spirits cruisin around like floating minds mentally continuuumlyyyy

the lolly dama........ you know the little short bald headed guy, walks around in a robe, you must know who i am describing; he's only one of a billion

that reincarnationary idea represents the written renditions of the buddha returning to the corporeal as HE is supposed to be 'learning' for the exact frame that is being mentioned: the evolution of knowledge!

It is why the dali is in ever constant study......... that is his yob. That is why he is so sharp. He has been trained since a boy. His whole existence is about learning and conveying what is learned.

IN the east; the idea that the new generations must be the focus of knowledge and to progress BEYOND the previous is practically bred into the people.

it is why not many true eastern folk will debate evolution; to them it is common sense.

Thanks for the lesson on the term 'mental continuum'.... i should have picked that up on the first pass, but hey.... me just another goof on a trip!

Last edited:
God is just a word that has infinite meaning. It is what you believe it to be or disbelieve it to be. There's no enough evidence either way to prove or disprove his existence, but as long as your God doesn't tell you to harm others or yourself, then at the end of the day, it shouldn't matter what you believe.

Hopefully this isn't in violation of any spamming rules, and if it is, I apologize in advance, but this site I Stumbled Upon is kind of interesting, just to see how people define their own God:

Define Your God

Right now, it appears that the majority of the responses skew towards the atheistic (or occasionally juvenile), but there are some lucid responses on there worth thinking about.

Judgment

BeaudreauxEnjoy your weekend, Judgement. May it be filled with happiness and free from suffering. :)
I look forward to your posts when you return. Party on. :disco:

Ok - that was cool.
Now take the nice gloves off and put the battle gloves back on - time for battle! :fight:

Judgment

Beaudreaux: I don't want to misrepresent you, so allow me to be direct. Do you believe that the statement "There is no Universal Right and True to be found" is universally true or not? Either you do or you don't (one of those mutually exclusive situations again).
I answered no. As Alla Prima said in Post #260 - Suffering is Universal for Human Beings - We all suffer mentally and/ or physically. That Buddha was a wise one.

The Universal language is mathematics. I believe that God could be explained in a mathematical equation - but - the equation would be infinite and could only be solved by God.

Judgment

Mohammed Beiruti: they mean there is no creator!
then who created us?

Qura'an Ch.36 Ya sin

[77] Doth not man see that it is We Who created him from sperm? Yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open adversary!

those who claim such a thing they just follow thier passions or feeling that they are not perfectly sure of.

Qura'an ch.25 Furqan

[43] Seest thou such a one as taketh for his god his own passion (or impulse)? Couldst thou be a disposer of affairs for him?

[44] Or thinkest thou that most of them listen or understand? They are only like cattle; nay, they are worse astray in Path.
Yes - I know - You believe your God is the only God, Your truth is the only truth, your way is the only way. I have heard the same thing many times.
You never answered the question... What becomes of the Unbelievers of your God?

Judgment

Beaudreaux: I agree with you, Allah. Judgement and I have completely different views of the world. Judgement is a Moral Relativist. He does not believe that there is an objective right and wrong. He also does not believe that there is anything that is absolutely true with regard to religious belief.
Not correct - saying the truth is a combination of everything - does not mean that there is nothing wrong. If God is everthing - then the truth is a combination of everything. That means the good the bad the happy the sad - and much more than just the knowledge of the human race.
Beaudreaux:I don't understand how people can hold this position. First of all, it is self-stultifying. The statement "There is no absolute truth" is put forward as.....(wait for it)......an absolute truth! If it is not an absolute truth, then it is just his opinion and has no meaning for the rest of us. In Judgement's world, nothing anyone says about religion is true, including what he says himself.
Again - I never said such a statement. And - I never said "Nothing anyone says about religion is true, including what he says himself.". By saying things such as these - it means you are unable to grasp the meaning of any of my words.

Judgment

I would like to recommend the documentary - Ram Das Fierce Grace - It is the story of Richard Alpert.. who would later become Ram Das. He was a Harvard Professor with Timothy Leary - they were both fired for conducting experiments with LSD. Richard Alpert explained that he learned more on one hit of acid than he did with all of his formal education. Anyways, it's interesting... and may help you understand - Me - more. I have only known his story for a few months now.

Post 118 - Me: I also experimented with chemicals to glimpse the illusionary nature of our reality - only a few times - the last being over a decade ago. When I was 25 years old I read an article on LSD in a scientific magazine (Don't recall which one). The article stated that users often experienced a oneness with God. Skeptical of course BUT Curious - I tracked some down for an experiment. The walls that are firmly set up in our mind came crashing down. Colors became sound and sound became colors. Chemically induced insanity ensued...I could not control my thoughts... could not move... a oneness with everything transpired. I stared at one of my painting's on the wall 'Time Of Illumination' . The painting has many colors - each color - one at a time - glowed bright as if lit from behind. As one color 'turned off' another would 'turn on' every few seconds. The painting has an A to Z poem I created on it - as the colors flicked on and off the poem changed into different languages before my eyes - languages that I did not know - over and over... as if being spelled out before me. I stared at the painting for a good 45 minutes and it did this the entire time. A profound life-changing experience. I had never imagined that perception of reality could be altered so much.

Judgment

Another teacher in my life if my Wife Chrissy. She taught me how to put others before myself - just by being herself. I wrote this poem to her on our 5th wedding anniversary in '96. I did a painting of a flower and wrote the poem on top - The photo above is of Chrissy and myself back in 1996.

Chrissy,

You are my Dream,

which has come true

You are my Life,

Born anew

You are my strength,

which never dies

You are my courage,

always answering my cries

You are my Wisdom,

teaching them to be kind

You are my Faith,

in all of mankind

You are my Friend,

Our spirits they soar

You are my Love,

Forevermore

You are my Light,

which will always shine

You are my Wife,

I pray until the end of Time

Love
- John

Judgment

Freelancer7: Nice, I suppose that means that all is, 'OF GOD' unless the Word fundamentalism: Fundamentalism??!! Perhaps, Possibly the Lord Almighty misjudged when it came to Fundamentalism under nationalism come Tribleism?! Let alone severe pain and suffering, let alone bloodshed and warfare due to religious establishment’s global domination, but we all know about that. sorry for old news
Free Will.

Judgment

Bouncing Ball: I will never know now will I?
I can choose a path and say;"hé, I choose that", while maybe that path was always meant to be..

But you explained what free will could do, not what free will was.. :rolleyes:
You should know right now. The path you are on was of your choosing.

No - that is free will. You have the freedom to choose your path. Your path in life - not just religion.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
You should know right now. The path you are on was of your choosing.

No - that is free will. You have the freedom to choose your path. Your path in life - not just religion.

You are still only explaining what you can do with it.. :eek:

But no problem, I created a new thread to stop going offtopic :beach:

Judgment

Bouncing Ball: You are still only explaining what you can do with it.. :eek:
What you can do with free will - is - free will. It is the ability to choose how to live your life. In religion ..it is the ability to make decisions without any type of God imposing their will.
But no problem, I created a new thread to stop going offtopic :beach:
I saw.. have fun.

Bishadi

Another teacher in my life if my Wife Chrissy. She taught me how to put others before myself - just by being herself. I wrote this poem to her on our 5th wedding anniversary in '96. I did a painting of a flower and wrote the poem on top - The photo above is of Chrissy and myself back in 1996.

Chrissy,

You are my Dream,

which has come true

You are my Life,

Born anew

You are my strength,

which never dies

You are my courage,

always answering my cries

You are my Wisdom,

teaching them to be kind

You are my Faith,

in all of mankind

You are my Friend,

Our spirits they soar

You are my Love,

Forevermore

You are my Light,

which will always shine

You are my Wife,

I pray until the end of Time

Love
- John

the choices we can make for life, love and Peace

The 'art of giving'.................... God....

p/s..... could a person who has committed his whole life to 'understanding' be perhaps capable of that 'math'..... as well if that math is pure... and from what gravity is, to how to understand 'good and bad' thru to comprehending how life exists................

if all that was within, and freak had the knowledge ................ do you think HE would publish in an open format, like in the scientific magazines or peer review or the the newspapers ?

Beaudreaux

Welcome back! Hope you had a great weekend.

Now, let me try to summarize where we currently are on the subject of universal truth.
  • You claimed that Judaism and Islam, two religions who each believe their God is the one and true God, could both be right "for them." (#243 and other places )
  • I claimed that your phrase "right for them" is no different than saying "It's their opinion" and that it is a poor use of the word "right" in our discourse. (#250)
  • You responded by saying that when it comes to belief in God "There is no Universal Right and True to be found there" (#252)
  • I asked if that meant that your statement "There is no Universal Right and True to be found there" is not universally true. (#257 and #259)
  • You answered that it was not universally true (#285)
So, here is a valid logical argument based on what we have so far:
  • There is no Universal Right and True to be found when trying to understand God.
  • The preceding statement is not true
  • Therefore, there IS universal Right and True to be found when trying to understand God.
Welcome to a world where logical contradictions are embraced. You can say one thing and its complete opposite IN THE SAME SENTENCE! Isn't it cool!

Judgment

Bishadi: the choices we can make for life, love and Peace

The 'art of giving'.................... God....

p/s..... could a person who has committed his whole life to 'understanding' be perhaps capable of that 'math'..... as well if that math is pure... and from what gravity is, to how to understand 'good and bad' thru to comprehending how life exists................

if all that was within, and freak had the knowledge ................ do you think HE would publish in an open format, like in the scientific magazines or peer review or the the newspapers ?

I believe a person that has that understanding - and of course - that is a genius in mathematics... could come up with and solve a problem of that magnitude. It could bring about a comprehension in a God that exists - however - it could not 'fully' explain God. 'That' math problem could only be explained if God itself was to walk upon the earth.

Yes. To get the information out to the people that can understand it. Since the universal language is mathematics - it would make sense.