• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
God is perfect because God is 'Everything' - but - seperate everything and each piece is not perfect.
Assuming I could somehow separate a rock from everything, what would be imperfect about it? What do you mean by perfect? From here, it looks like another word overlaid on "everything" like "God"... How does "perfect" differ from "God" or from "everything"?

Judgment

gnomon: God is energy, in other words.
How is this anything more than an equivocation?

Or are you asserting that all energy is conscious? Or perhaps that the sum of energy is self-conscious? I think the latter is well established as beyond the capability of human intelligence to state as true.

We know that everything is energy. Glance close enough at matter and the energy is apparent - molecules, atoms, electrons, quarks.. little flickers of light that appear to be all places at once.

Yes I believe 'everything' is conscious. We do not know everything there is to know about human intelligence.

Beaudreaux

I believe.... God is bigger than most religions realize & there is only one true God. God is every Atom & Molecule & Quark, God is your PC and the desk it sits on, God is Me & You, God is all of our thoughts, God is every Heaven & Hell... every religion, God is the Trees & Rocks & Oceans, God is the Earth & Solar System, God is the Galaxy & Universe - every Universe and every dream, God is - All That Is. Debate anyone?
If I'm God, then how come I still can't program my VCR? ;)

gnomon

We know that everything is energy. Glance close enough at matter and the energy is apparent - molecules, atoms, electrons, quarks.. little flickers of light that appear to be all places at once.

Yes I believe 'everything' is conscious. We do not know everything there is to know about human intelligence.

How is energy conscious?

Is the property of gravity a conscious decision between two elements?

Are the nuclear forces conscious?

What is conscious?

Of course energy is apparent. Asserting that energy is conscious is another thing entirely.

Beaudreaux

I believe.... God is bigger than most religions realize & there is only one true God. God is every Atom & Molecule & Quark, God is your PC and the desk it sits on, God is Me & You, God is all of our thoughts, God is every Heaven & Hell... every religion, God is the Trees & Rocks & Oceans, God is the Earth & Solar System, God is the Galaxy & Universe - every Universe and every dream, God is - All That Is. Debate anyone?
Would you agree then that you must say that God is the Nazi prison guard who executes a jewish child? That he is virus that chokes the life out of millions? That he is the hatred in the heart of a bigot who drags a young homosexual boy behind his pickup truck until he's dead?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Would you agree then that you must say that God is the Nazi prison guard who executes a jewish child? That he is virus that chokes the life out of millions? That he is the hatred in the heart of a bigot who drags a young homosexual boy behind his pickup truck until he's dead?
In order, yes, yes, and not quite. The hatred is an experience of God.

Judgment

Wandered Off: Assuming I could somehow separate a rock from everything, what would be imperfect about it? What do you mean by perfect? From here, it looks like another word overlaid on "everything" like "God"... How does "perfect" differ from "God" or from "everything"?

God is perfect - meaning God is 'complete' - there is nothing outside. Everything, if seperated - people, religions, planets all have flaws that can be seen and studied. BUT.. God is a combination of all that exists. Everything together as one.... the flaws disappear.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
No debate, however curious as to why your screen name is "Judgment"

Judgment

How is energy conscious?

Is the property of gravity a conscious decision between two elements?

Are the nuclear forces conscious?

What is conscious?

Of course energy is apparent. Asserting that energy is conscious is another thing entirely.

Conscious is an understanding - but - not concious as you or I. My answers will not bring you closure in a debate- for my answers come from inner knowledge and understanding. Information I received from looking inward - My beliefs are centered in my faith.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
God experiences himself? If God is everything, then how can the experience not be Him or at least his?
Because to experience "self" you need to be able to compare it to the experience of "not-self". Else you have no reference point.

Just like, to experience "up" you also need to be able to compare it to the experience of "down". Same with "fast" and "slow. "Long" and "short". "Big" and "small".

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
God experiences himself? If God is everything, then how can the experience not be Him or at least his?
No, sorry, poor phrasing on my part. The hatred is one of God's experiences. Just like you experience your emotions without being defined by any one.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Would you agree then that you must say that God is the Nazi prison guard who executes a jewish child? That he is virus that chokes the life out of millions? That he is the hatred in the heart of a bigot who drags a young homosexual boy behind his pickup truck until he's dead?

Everything is God. But only part of God. Free Will - Remember that?

We are not here to cry about the miseries of the human condition - BUT - to 'change' them to be more to our liking. The human race has taught the conscious mind to accept only data coming from the outside world... and has set up walls against inner knowledge. We are the spirit made flesh - but - the spirit 'is' that very inner knowledge and understanding that has been blocked out. The flesh creates it's reality with it's beliefs... the spirit helps bring about this reality in the outside world... the spirit knows the outcome of these beliefs and can indeed 'help' - but - the human race has largely cut itself off from this inner knowledge. If this knowledge was available to more - then many of the atrocities you see in the world today would not occur.

Judgment

Storm: No, sorry, poor phrasing on my part. The hatred is one of God's experiences. Just like you experience your emotions without being defined by any one.
Oh sorry - you do already know everything you need to know.