• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods Kingdom is now ruling. Are you one of its citizens?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Matt 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Matt 16:27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior

But, we're already in the New Covenant, this is totally clear from Scripture, Jesus is already ruling Heaven and earth.
I think you're getting earthly rulership mixed up with Heavenly rulership.

But, we're already in the New Covenant, this is totally clear from Scripture, Jesus is already ruling Heaven and earth.
I think you're getting earthly rulership mixed up with Heavenly rulership.
Jesus is ruling in Heaven,not on earth, yet.This world is still being ruled by world governments that are influenced by satan the devil.That's why when Jesus returns, he will crush all of these corrupt governments, and put an end to this wicked system of things once and for all.This has not yet occurred.

Yes, the New covenant is in effect already.It went into effect 50 days after Jesus was resurrected,10 days after Jesus' ascension to heaven,at the Pentecost of 33 C.E. Jesus is ruling Heaven now but not Earth yet.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus is ruling in Heaven,not on earth, yet.This world is still being ruled by world governments that are influenced by satan the devil.That's why when Jesus returns, he will crush all of these corrupt governments, and put an end to this wicked system of things once and for all.This has not yet occurred.

You obey the faithful and discreet slave as though they were Jesus so how are you able to say "he is not ruling on earth"?

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jesus promised that he would return with the power of Gods kingdom. A lot of christians i imagine are still waiting for that to happen.

But what if someone told you that it has already happened and Jesus is already here ruling and changing the world?

What would be your initial response??

Open your eyes,Satan is the God of this world until Jesus comes back again to literally rule and reign.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

I should have said 'Jesus has all the power of heaven and on earth'. Look, I'm just going off Scripture here, that means that "Satan", whoever you think he is, does not have godlike powers. You yourself said it correctly by using the term 'influenced', which isn't 'ruling'.

I should have said 'Jesus has all the power of heaven and on earth'. Look, I'm just going off Scripture here, that means that "Satan", whoever you think he is, does not have godlike powers. You yourself said it correctly by using the term 'influenced', which isn't 'ruling'.
Oh but on the contrary satan is the ruler of this world.It says so in the NT.
2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Ephesians 2:2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

The Scriptures tell us: “We received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God.” (1 Cor. 2:12) What is “the spirit of the world”? It is the same spirit as that mentioned at Ephesians 2:2, which says: “You at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.” This “air” is the world’s spirit, or mental attitude, and it surrounds us like literal air. It is everywhere. It is often manifested in the no-one-is-going-to-tell-me-what-to-do or the fight-for-your-rights attitude of so many people today. They constitute “the sons of disobedience” of Satan’s world.

What Kind of Spirit Do You Show? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Oh but on the contrary satan is the ruler of this world.It says so in the NT.
2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Ephesians 2:2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

The Scriptures tell us: “We received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God.” (1 Cor. 2:12) What is “the spirit of the world”? It is the same spirit as that mentioned at Ephesians 2:2, which says: “You at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.” This “air” is the world’s spirit, or mental attitude, and it surrounds us like literal air. It is everywhere. It is often manifested in the no-one-is-going-to-tell-me-what-to-do or the fight-for-your-rights attitude of so many people today. They constitute “the sons of disobedience” of Satan’s world.

What Kind of Spirit Do You Show? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

So when was Satan crowned ruler of the world.

So when was Satan crowned ruler of the world.
Satan has been in control of this world since after the fall.When Adam and Eve disobeyed God,that is when this world took a turn for the worse.God allowed man to live according to how he see's fit.Jehovahs universal sovereignty was challenged when satan the devil told Eve nothing would happen to her if she ate the fruit.So now man has been living according to his own ways for the last 6,000 years.Satan the devil has influenced this world since.All governments are ruled according to the spirit of lawlessness.We have wars,revolutions,protesting,diseases,poverty,pollution etc.. Gross imperfection.Men think they can bring about peace to earth but cannot on their own.We live in a godless society.We are getting further and further from God to the point where many do not even speak of Him anymore.Look at the movies,videos games and music.Its all about violence and sex.Everyone is so used to violence and sexual immorality that it is the norm.Everyone is desensitized.Its terrible.This world reflects the character of its god.That god and ruler is satan the devil.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If one believes that Satan is in control w/o permission from God, then they're a polytheist.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Open your eyes,Satan is the God of this world until Jesus comes back again to literally rule and reign.

Yes, Satan is still ruling earth, but since Christ was enthroned in heaven, he has been cast out of heaven as Revelation 12:7-9 tells us

Which means we are in the time period called the 'last days' or 'conclusion of the system' or 'end times'

It is during these last days that we are told Jesus will 'come with his angels' and will cut off the wicked from the earth which includes Satan and his demons.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If one believes that Satan is in control w/o permission from God, then they're a polytheist.

believing that Satan is ruling this world does not mean one has to worship him.

Wouldnt a polytheist be someone who actually worships many gods? Hindu's can rightly be called polythiest because they have many gods they worship. But just knowing there are other gods out there does not make one a worshiper of them.

2ndpillar

why do you imagine the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven are different things?

Do not the heavens belong to God? Could there be more then one rulership in heaven?

I dont think so.

Dear peg,
The kingdom of heaven is at hand, it is in the present, and it is with regards to the power and Spirit of God, among his brothers and sisters, who actually heed the testimony of Yeshua.

As for the kingdom of God, that has to wait until the "Day of the Lord" and when "the lord will be king over all the earth" (Ze 14:9), which does not occur until he fights those who come up against Jerusalem (Ze 14:3).

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Dear peg,
The kingdom of heaven is at hand, it is in the present, and it is with regards to the power and Spirit of God, among his brothers and sisters, who actually heed the testimony of Yeshua.

As for the kingdom of God, that has to wait until the "Day of the Lord" and when "the lord will be king over all the earth" (Ze 14:9), which does not occur until he fights those who come up against Jerusalem (Ze 14:3).

Take Matthew 24:3 to heart

3 While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?

7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Do you not see the sign?

metis

believing that Satan is ruling this world does not mean one has to worship him.

Wouldnt a polytheist be someone who actually worships many gods? Hindu's can rightly be called polythiest because they have many gods they worship. But just knowing there are other gods out there does not make one a worshiper of them.

If there is any kind of deity-type with its own sovereignty, that is a god of some type. It essentially posits another god besides God, thus polytheism.

In Judaism, the general belief is that haSatan only is allowed to work by God, as we see in the beginning of Job, for example. However, some Jewish sages believe that haSatan actually more symbolizes our rather selfish and rebellious nature that's allowed through the gift of free will.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If there is any kind of deity-type with its own sovereignty, that is a god of some type. It essentially posits another god besides God, thus polytheism.

the bible tells us there many gods in this world... albeit they are false gods, but gods nonetheless

Exodus 23:20 “I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way ...23 For my angel will go ahead of you and will bring you to the Am′or·ites, the Hit′tites, the Per′iz·zites, the Ca′naan·ites, the Hi′vites, and the Jeb′u·sites, and I will annihilate them. 24 You must not bow down to their gods or be persuaded to serve them, and you must not imitate their practices. Instead, you must demolish them and smash their sacred pillars. 25 You must serve Jehovah your God, and he will bless your bread and your water

Deuteronomy 12:30 be careful not to be entrapped after they have been annihilated from before you. Do not ask about their gods, saying, ‘How were these nations accustomed to serve their gods? I too will do the same.

Deut 7:3 You must not form any marriage alliances with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons. 4 For they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods; then Jehovah’s anger will blaze against you, and he will swiftly annihilate you.

Exodus 34:16 Then you will surely take some of their daughters for your sons, and their daughters will prostitute themselves to their gods and cause your sons to prostitute themselves to their gods.

1 Kings 11:4 In Sol′o·mon’s old age, his wives inclined his heart to follow other gods, and his heart was not complete with Jehovah his God like the heart of David his father.

In Judaism, the general belief is that haSatan only is allowed to work by God, as we see in the beginning of Job, for example. However, some Jewish sages believe that haSatan actually more symbolizes our rather selfish and rebellious nature that's allowed through the gift of free will.

I dont feel either of these two theories are accurate. If they were , then God is the cause of all wickedness in the world, or the free will he has created us with is the cause of all wickedness and therefore, he is still the cause of all wickedness.

I dont believe that for one second.

Last edited:

metis

the bible tells us there many gods in this world... albeit they are false gods, but gods nonetheless

It depends on interpretation because are they real gods or alleged "gods"?

I dont feel either of these two theories are accurate. If they were , then God is the cause of all wickedness in the world, or the free will he has created us with is the cause of all wickedness and therefore, he is still the cause of all wickedness.

I dont believe that for one second.

Then you're polytheistic and believe in two gods with their own sovereignty, which is actually counter to what the Bible states. That's what "polytheism" is and how it's defined. Also, you have put limits on God whereas He apparently cannot really do anything to control haSatan.

Judaism, otoh, teaches monotheism.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
And elsewhere Santa Claus is now preparing to give all the youth residents in Chicago coal this Christmas but he will do so with the help of Allah this time.
. . .
I have not been a Christian for like a decade obviously but what is this whole God's Kingdom stuff because I have been hearing this forever but I do not get the scriptural association.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And elsewhere Santa Claus is now preparing to give all the youth residents in Chicago coal this Christmas but he will do so with the help of Allah this time.
. . .
I have not been a Christian for like a decade obviously but what is this whole God's Kingdom stuff because I have been hearing this forever but I do not get the scriptural association.

Put simply it means living in pleasant harmony with this:

But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man*, and the head of Christ is God.

The Bible says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. God Being Head of The Way is the Only One knowing it. To believe in The God Of Knowing is to enter into the Kingdom of God. So really it has always existed. But now it exists with a human king. Jesus Christ. (Yehoshua, God's son)

* this is off topic which is good because I don't want to talk about it