• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods Kingdom is now ruling. Are you one of its citizens?

Muffled

Jesus in me
the events before this are also mentioned by Jesus a few verses earlier in Matthew 24:4  In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

The events describing the sun being darkened and moon not giving its light are mentioned later in Vs 29... so those events come later and are still future.

The Watchtower views it as still future:

The first part which is considered past did not include the coming of Jesus so even if one could ascertain that those things happened in 1914 and I don't believe that is anything more than specualtion, it still does not mean that Jesus came at that time.

I believe the watch tower is written by menwho ought to know thier Bible better since Jesus does not come when the moon is dark but his sign comes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Have you ever considered the possibility that you both might be wrong?

Whenever anyone prayers in the name of Jesus Christ it can truly be said "I will return to Zion and dwell in the midst of Jeresalem". Whenever God's will is accomplished on earth by the righteous works of the people for the city of peace it can truly be said "he rules in Jerusalem on Mount Zion". When God's people finish their wtness work it will be true "The Lord shall be King over all the earth".

Those teaching Jesus will return in bodily form forget he said he is no part of the world. How can someone rule earth out of a physical city and be no part of the world?

I believe this verse should suffice: Acts 1:11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Jesus promised that he would return with the power of Gods kingdom. A lot of christians i imagine are still waiting for that to happen.

But what if someone told you that it has already happened and Jesus is already here ruling and changing the world?

What would be your initial response??
Please cite a scripture for returning with the power of Gods kingdom. I can't think of a verse that says this.

Thank you.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
what do you think the Lords prayer is asking for when Jesus said:

Let your kingdom come!

what was he talking about?
The expansion of God's spiritual Kingdom after it arrived at Pentecost. The kingdom of God growing through people entering the kingdom of God, being saved at baptism. I believe it may have also referred to praying for the impact of the initial arrival of God's kingdom at Pentecost.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I would most likely be leading the human resistance. Fighting against both God and Satan for man freedom and right to exist.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I would most likely be leading the human resistance. Fighting against both God and Satan for man freedom and right to exist.
First this has nothing to do with the OP. Secondly, God's reign/dominion existed long before democracies. He sets the rules over His own dominion. He is a kind benevolent benefactor against whom there is no reason to rebel.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
First this has nothing to do with the OP. Secondly, God's reign/dominion existed long before democracies. He sets the rules over His own dominion. He is a kind benevolent benefactor against whom there is no reason to rebel.

Actual it does since it was my initial response.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Please cite a scripture for returning with the power of Gods kingdom. I can't think of a verse that says this.

Thank you.

Matt 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Matt 16:27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The expansion of God's spiritual Kingdom after it arrived at Pentecost. The kingdom of God growing through people entering the kingdom of God, being saved at baptism. I believe it may have also referred to praying for the impact of the initial arrival of God's kingdom at Pentecost.

There is a lot more to it then that. Read Matthew chapter 24.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Matt 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Matt 16:27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior
Neither of these say power of God's kingdom, which is in your OP, so my question remains.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
There is a lot more to it then that. Read Matthew chapter 24.
The only reference of the kingdom in this chapter is
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

How much more to it are you getting from this chapter?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Neither of these say power of God's kingdom, which is in your OP, so my question remains.

I wasn't paraphrasing or quoting a particular scripture. I was stating a fact about Jesus returning in the position as the king of Gods kingdom.

Matt 26:63 But Jesus kept silent. So the high priest said to him: “I put you under oath by the living God to tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God!” 64 Jesus said to him: “You yourself said it. But I say to you: From now on you will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Luke 22:69 However, from now on the Son of man will be seated at the powerful right hand of God.”

Colossians 3:1 If, however, you were raised up with the Christ, go on seeking the things above, where the Christ is seated at the right hand of God.

In this position, Christ is coming with the power of God on his side.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The only reference of the kingdom in this chapter is
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

How much more to it are you getting from this chapter?

the entire world system is about to change according to Jesus words at Matthew 24:3...“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
the entire world system is about to change according to Jesus words at Matthew 24:3...“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
Their temple was destroyed and the system ended, but that was not connected with the coming of the Kingdom, the Kingdom had come almost 40 years earlier. The gospel of the Kingdom would be preached, and then the end would come -not the kingdom.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Their temple was destroyed and the system ended, but that was not connected with the coming of the Kingdom, the Kingdom had come almost 40 years earlier. The gospel of the Kingdom would be preached, and then the end would come -not the kingdom.

If the Kingdom already came, why does the prophecy clearly separate the destruction of jerusalem with the conclusion of the system...

Matt 24:15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·de′a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house, 18 and let the man in the field not return to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that your flight may not occur in wintertime nor on the Sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

This is Jerusalems destruction which came in 70 CE... now Jesus continues to give warnings and says in Vs 29

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

So 'after the tribulation of those days (jerusalems destruction)' there was more to come which would culminate in the 'son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and glory' and people would not take any notice of the 'signs' Jesus gave

Matt 24:37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus promised that he would return with the power of Gods kingdom. A lot of christians i imagine are still waiting for that to happen.

But what if someone told you that it has already happened and Jesus is already here ruling and changing the world?

What would be your initial response??
That this is a proselytizing statement.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
If the Kingdom already came, why does the prophecy clearly separate the destruction of jerusalem with the conclusion of the system...

Matt 24:15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·de′a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house, 18 and let the man in the field not return to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that your flight may not occur in wintertime nor on the Sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

This is Jerusalems destruction which came in 70 CE... now Jesus continues to give warnings and says in Vs 29

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

So 'after the tribulation of those days (jerusalems destruction)' there was more to come which would culminate in the 'son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and glory' and people would not take any notice of the 'signs' Jesus gave

Matt 24:37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

Good point. It seems the destruction of Jerusalem was not the end spoken of. You made your case on this. But is till makes no indication here of when the kingdom would arrive.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Good point. It seems the destruction of Jerusalem was not the end spoken of. You made your case on this. But is till makes no indication here of when the kingdom would arrive.

true, Jesus did say no one knows the day or the hour.

However, the prophecy of Daniel and Revelation do give us a time frame for when the 'conclusion' of the system 'begins'

And the beginning of the conclusion of the system began as a time of distress for the earth caused by the event we read about in Revelation 12:7-9

So the conclusion of the system has begun, and the sign given by Jesus in Matthew chapter 24 is happening all around the world. That means the Kingdom is established and the end is nigh.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
true, Jesus did say no one knows the day or the hour.

However, the prophecy of Daniel and Revelation do give us a time frame for when the 'conclusion' of the system 'begins'

And the beginning of the conclusion of the system began as a time of distress for the earth caused by the event we read about in Revelation 12:7-9

So the conclusion of the system has begun, and the sign given by Jesus in Matthew chapter 24 is happening all around the world. That means the Kingdom is established and the end is nigh.
Nor is the end things connected in the scriptures with the arrival of the kingdom.