• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods You'd Never Worship

HexBomb

Being a former Christian, I don't think I ever could or would go back to that, even if I knew it was real. I don't think 'exists,' should be the ticky box that matters. That said, I have issues with any deity who claims to be omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Q,

Gods You'd Never Worship

First of all the word 'God' is a concept and no imagination/image will be correct and nor can the concept be depicted. Besides how can you worship a concept??
The word 'worship'
worship
ˈwəːʃɪp/Submit
noun
the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
"worship of the Mother Goddess"
synonyms: reverence, revering, worshipping, veneration, venerating, adoration, adoring, -olatry, devotion, praise, thanksgiving, praising, praying to, glorification, glorifying, glory, exaltation, exalting, extolment, extolling, homage, respect, honour, honouring, esteem; More

The basis of worship is the 'deity' and when God itself is a concept around which no deity is TRUE then how can such an untrue deity be worshipped??

Personally find the word 'worship' misplaced and the question needs to be reframed!

Love & rgds

MissDiscerner

Eternal student
Any God who prefers one religion over another, who would pick one people over another as his chosen ones, who is bothered by petty human matters , whose mood changes, whose will wavers at the instance of prayer, who is thirsty for worship,who judges good and evil,who does miracles when the universe is his magnum opus....

Wont bend my knees to that......

Ditto! The Abrahamic God scares the crap outta me for these reasons...

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I for one would never worship a Yahweh, Jesus or a Muhammad. Krishna has always had a special place in my heart :)

kashmir

Jesus himself seemed pretty legit, to love even ones enemies is a pretty good idea.
the whole worship me or burn in hell kind of ruins the appeal a tad bit though

Definitely not muhammads god.
worshiping someone who approves of marrying 9 yr olds isn't something I would find appealing in a god.

Thor would be pretty cool, if he let me hold his hammer :D
In fact, I would throw it at muhammad's god

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Personally, I don't get why people think that worship is a reasonable thing to begin with.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I don't get why people think that worship is a reasonable thing to begin with.

This is like wondering if it is "reasonable" to buy someone a present for their birthday because they're your friend or you admire them or respect them. Or like wondering if it is "reasonable" to write thank-you notes. XD

But maybe you should start a topic about that in the religious debates section? :D

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
I would never bow to a concept of:

A) Satan or a being in his likeness. I feel repulsed by the idea.
B) A deity whose description in general makes no sense.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I would never bow to a concept of:

A) Satan or a being in his likeness. I feel repulsed by the idea.
B) A deity whose description in general makes no sense.

What do you consider the idea of Satan to be? I ask, because people seem to have very different ideas associated with those five letters.

What's an example of a description that wouldn't make sense to you? Is it things that seem logically contradictory, or something else?