• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest film of all time

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest gave me nightmares. I was never afraid of monsters of my bed, but I was afraid of the awful things people do to each other.

Titanic

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest gave me nightmares. I was never afraid of monsters of my bed, but I was afraid of the awful things people do to each other.

yeah, well i just love Jack nicholson he is a legendary actor and one flew over the cuckoo nest had some good chills.

james bond

The last greatest of all movie I saw was Skyfall.

Looking forward to seeing Man of Steel, Star Trek into Darkness, Only God Forgives, Anchoman: The Legend Continues, and The Wolf of Wall Street.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I've seen 2 good films recently. Les miserables and Silver Linings Playbook

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Bridge over the River Kwai is a classic. I'd recommend it for someone who thinks old movies never have plot twists. That one sure did, and it was away ahead of its time in that regard. It really bites.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If you like 'cult' classics, Harold and Maude is a hilarious dark comedy. I've seen it maybe 3 or 4 times.

dust1n

Zindīq
Not true, Christine. Bladerunner was way better than the book, "Do Androids dream of electronic sheep?"

I think PKD would even agree with you there.

But alas, movies better than books is very much the exception to the rule.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Brokeback Mountain as a film was better than the book. It was true to the plot and script, but Ang Lee interpreted it far better than I could have ever imagined when I read it. Being that it was merely a short story, most of the time film adaptations from short stories are dismal. But Lee was brilliant in his direction.

dust1n

Zindīq
Brokeback Mountain as a film was better than the book. It was true to the plot and script, but Ang Lee interpreted it far better than I could have ever imagined when I read it. Being that it was merely a short story, most of the time film adaptations from short stories are dismal. But Lee was brilliant in his direction.

A lot of the times, taking from a novel leaves the movie just having the shed stuff. And if the short story is too short (speaking of PKD, The Adjustment Bureau for example), then it's particularly awful cause people ADD stuff and change the whole thing.

Novellas make good movie scripts cause they are about the size of a script already. You don't have to worry adding or subtracting info.

At least in my experience, that is, my experiences are narrow. :angel2: But I feel most disappointed not really getting to see all the information I do in the book. Missing story saddens me.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm still inclined to think that the film adaptation of the Lord of the Rings is certainly one of the best works ever rendered into film. Peter Jackson is a genius.