• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Argamemnon

tormented soul
Are sahih Bukhari and sahih Muslim really authentic? Is there no doubt whatsoever? The majority of Muslims treat them as revelation, which I think is dangerous. Nothing in this world can be as authentic as the Quran. Moreover, it seems to me that a lot of Muslims place more importance on hadiths than on the Quran. Shouldn't we question this?

Last edited:

Cordoba

The Qur'an always comes first

Muslim scholars are unanimous on that Hadith is the second source in Islam, and that Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are the two most authentic books of Hadith

For Studies of Hadith and its methodology, you may wish to look at this page:

IslamOnline.net- Living Shariah

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

He who as in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that a man came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Messenger of Allah, what are the two things quite unavoidable? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He replied: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"He who dies without associating anyone with Allah would (necessarily) enter Paradise and he who dies associating anything with Allah would enter the (Fire of) Hell."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

" Follow up between Hajj and ‘Umrah (i.e. repeat the performance of Hajj and ‘Umrah) because they both eliminate poverty and sins just like a furnace eliminates the dirty impurities of iron, gold and silver.

And an accepted Hajj has no reward less than paradise"

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

"Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales.''

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
“Allah the Almighty said:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]‘I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen and no ear has heard, nor has it occurred to the human heart.’” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thus recite if you wish: “And no soul knows what joy for them (the inhabitants of Paradise) has been kept hidden (Qur’an Chapter 32 Verse 17).” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SacredHadith.com » Hadith Qudsi 37 [/FONT]

Cordoba

‘By the One in Whose hand is my self, definitely the son of Maryam will soon descend among you as a just judge, and he will break the cross, kill the pig, and abolish the jizyah, and wealth will be so abundant that no one will accept it, until a single prostration will be better than the world and everything in it.”

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Verily Allah forgave my people the evil promptings which arise within their hearts as long as they did not speak about them or did not act upon them

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He who intended to do good, but did not do it, one good was recorded for him, and he who intended to do good and also did it, ten to seven hundred good deeds were recorded for him. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And he who intended evil, but did not commit it, no entry was made against his name, but if he committed that, it was recorded.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Hour (Resurrection) would not come so long as Allah is supplicated in the world.[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is for every apostle a prayer, and I intend (if Allah so willed) that I would reserve my prayer for the intercession of my Ummah (Nation) on the Day of Resurrection[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"There are no days greater in the sight of Allah and in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Him than these ten days, so during this time recite a great deal of Tahlil (La ilaha ila-Allah), Takbir and Tahmid."

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: "In the sight of Allah he is much more disgraced than that. (i.e. Allah knows full well that in reality Dajjal has nothing with him, and all that which appears to be with him is but deception). (Bukhari and Muslim).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hadhrat Huzaifah radhiyallahu anhu says, Dajjal will be blind in his left eye. He will have very thick hair on his body and he will also have his own type of Jannat (Heaven) and Jahannam (Hell) with him: Although his Jannat will appear as Jannat, in reality it will be Jahannam and likewise though his Jahannam will appear to be Jahannam, in reality it will be Jannat.
(Hadith: Muslim)
[/FONT]​

Cordoba

"Fasting the day of `Arafat expiates the sins of two years: a past one and a coming one. And, fasting the day of `Ashura' (the tenth of the lunar month of Muharram) expiates the sins of the past year."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

The day of Arafat this year will be next Sunday, December 7th.

Cordoba

“Fear Allah wherever you may be; follow up an evil deed with a good one which will wipe (the former) out, and behave good-naturedly towards people.”

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"When any group of people remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquility descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever".

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"The five (daily) Salat (prayers) and the Friday (prayer) to the Friday (prayer) expiate whatever (minor sins) may be committed in between, so long as major sins are avoided.''

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)