• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"Two hungry wolves sent in the midst of a flock of sheep are no more destructive to them than a man's greed for wealth and fame is to his Deen (Religion).''

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"A strong believer is better and dearer to Allah than a weak one, and both are good.

Adhere to that which is beneficial for you. Keep asking Allah for help and do not refrain from it.

If you are afflicted in any way, do not say: `If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted into such and such,' but say only: `Allah so determined and did as He willed.' The word `if' opens the gates of satanic thoughts".

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.''

It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?''

He said, "One whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil".

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cordoba

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was asked about the deed which will be foremost to lead a man to Paradise.

He replied,"Fear of Allah and the good conduct.''

Then he was asked about indulgence which will admit a man to Hell (Fire) and he answered, "The tongue and the genitals.''

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Look at those who are inferior to you (in wealth) and do not look at those who are superior to you, for this will keep you from belittling Allah's Favour to you.''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"A ruler who, having control over the affairs of the Muslims, does not strive diligently for their betterment and does not serve them sincerely, will not enter Paradise with them.'

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments".

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Do not disdain a good deed, (no matter how small it may seem) even if it is your meeting with your (Muslim) brother with a cheerful face.''

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Cordoba

"Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little."

Cordoba

"Whosoever visits an ailing person or a brother of his to seek the Pleasure of Allah, an announcer (angel) calls out: `May you be happy, may your walking be blessed, and may you be awarded a dignified position in Paradise".

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once asked his companions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Do you know who is the bankrupt? [/FONT]"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Companions said, "A bankrupt is the one who has neither dirham (money) nor wealth."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Prophet said, [FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"The bankrupt of my nation is he who would come on the Day of Judgment with prayers, fasting and zakah; but who had offended one person, slandered another, devoured others' wealth, shed the blood of this person, and beat that person"[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"The most beloved of Allah's servants to Allah are those with the best manners."

Cordoba

"The supplication of every one of you will be granted if he does not get impatient and say (for example): `I supplicated my Lord but my prayer has not been granted'"

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"A man set out to visit a brother (in Faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him,

"Where do you intend to go?''

He said, "I intend to visit my brother in this town".

The angel said, "Have you done any favour to him?''

He said, "No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious.''

Thereupon the angel said, "I am a messenger to you from Allah (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake)".

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"He who has an extra mount should hand it over to one who has none, and he who possesses surplus provision, should give it to him who is without provision.''

He named various kinds of possessions until we began to think (realize) that none of us had any right to anything surplus.

(Hadith in Sahih Muslm)

Cordoba

Gabriel advised me persistently about (kind treatment) towards the neighbor (so much) that I thought he would confer upon him the (right) of inheritance

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]“He who is deprived of kindness and gentleness is, in fact, deprived of all good.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

“If you all relied on Allah with due reliance, He would certainly give you provision as He gives it to birds who issue forth hungry in the morning and return with full belly at dusk.”

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Do not disdain any good deed, even your meeting with your brother with a cheerful face.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)