• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen (Religion).''

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"The real patience is at the first stroke of a calamity''

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"If you knew that which I know, you would laugh little and weep much''

* This knowledge the prophet refers to is of what happens after we leave this world and what will happen on The Day of Judgement when we will be held accountable for all our deeds

AbuKhalid

Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba."

Volume 002, Book 013, Hadith Number 051.

Since I read this Hadith I keep going for Friday prayer earlier and earlier. Some Muslims are so unaware of how easy Allah has made it for us to gain rewards in the hereafter.

Cordoba

"Righteousness is good morality, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in your soul and which you dislike people finding about."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"The truest poetic verse ever said by a poet, is:

Indeed! Everything except Allah is perishable."

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i just wanted to have this thread in "my replies" so i can see when brother cordoba is posting a new hadith, so that i can look at it. thats why i'm posting

keep going brother this is one of the most informing and wonderfull threads around.

may Allah bless you and your family inshallah, amin.

Cordoba

Thank you brother

May Allah give you and all brothers and sisters here baraka, taqwa and inner peace

Ameen

Cordoba

Make things easy for people , and do not make it difficult for them, and make them calm (with glad tidings) and do not repulse (them away from Allah's Path)."

Cordoba

"There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm."

(Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

"None of you [truely] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

iloveislam

Muslim
Thawban narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death."

[Recorded in Sunan Abu Dawud - Book 37, Number 4284]

Last edited:

Cordoba

"One who has no compassion for others is not entitled for compassion [from Allah]."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

iloveislam

Muslim
As-salaamu'alaykum

Can I urge the Muslims here to put some effort in referencing each Hadith completely just as I have done in post #772.

This makes it much easier to trace each Hadith and saves a lot of time searching for it.

Cordoba

"Give up what appears to be doubtful for what is certain.

Truth brings peace of mind and deception doubt."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"....Indeed there is in the body a piece of flesh which if it is sound then the whole body is sound, and if it is corrupt then the whole body is corrupt. Indeed it is the heart."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Too much talk without mention of God produces hardness of heart, and the person farthest from God is someone who has a hard heart."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Being rich does not mean having a great amount of property, but it is being content (with what one has). "[/FONT][/FONT]

Cordoba

"The best of you are those who, when seen, remind people of Allah."