• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"All humans are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent much."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi & Abu Dawud)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The best of the people are those who influence people to do good, prevent them from doing wrong, whose hearts are full of compassion and who fear God."[/FONT]

[/FONT](Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Whenever kindness is added to something, it adorns it; and whenever it is withdrawn from something, it leaves it ugly.”[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Verily Allah created Mercy.

The day He created it, He made it into one hundred parts.

He withheld with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent its one part to all His creatures.

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

"The (significance of) this world (in comparison) to the Hereafter is similar to one of you dipping his finger in the ocean and then seeing (the amount of water that) has stuck to it. "

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"By Allah it is not poverty that I fear for you.

But I fear that the world will be spread out before you as it was for the people before you.

Then you shall compete in it as the people before you competed in it, and it shall destroy you as it destroyed them."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"What do I have to do with this worldly life? [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I and this worldly life are but like a traveler who stopped for a little while under a tree to get some shade and then he moved on."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"This wealth consists of various kinds of treasures and those treasures have keys.

Blessed is the man whom Allah has made a key for good and a lock for evil, but woe to the man whom Allah has made a key for evil and a lock for good."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"Do not allow worldly concerns to tyrannize over you, for whoever makes this life his major concern, Allah will increase him in worries and place poverty before his eyes; and whoever makes the Hereafter his utmost concern, Allah will set his affairs aright for him and plant content in his heart.

And whoever turns to Allah wholeheartedly, Allah will turn the hearts of His servants toward him (with love and compassion)."

(Hadith in Al-Baihaqi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"To be rich is not to own the goods of this world, but to "realize" the treasures God has placed in you."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"He has not thanked God who does not thank people."[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi & Abu Dawud)[/FONT]

Cordoba

"Call yourselves to account before you are called to account, and weigh up your deeds before they are weighed for you."

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

"When the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went to his bed, he lay down on his right side and then said,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'O Allah, I have surrendered my self to You, turned my face to You, entrusted my affair to You, and sought refuge in You in hope and fear of You. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no refuge and no place of safety except to You. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have believed in Your Book which You sent down.' [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Cordoba

Abu Bakr as-Siddiq said to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,

"Teach me a supplication which I can make in my prayer."

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He said, "Say: 'O Allah, I have greatly wronged myself and none forgives wrong actions except You, so grant me Your forgiveness and be merciful to me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are the Forgiving, the Merciful." [/FONT]

(Al-Bukhari - Hadith 5967)

Cordoba

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to say,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I seek refuge with you from care and worry, powerlessness and laziness, cowardice and miserliness, the burden of debt and being overcome by men." [/FONT]

(Al-Bukhari - Hadith 6008)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"A servant of God will remain standing on the Day of Judgment until he is questioned about his time on earth, and how he spend it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it, about his wealth and from where he acquired it and in what he spent it, and about his body and how he used it."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah loves to meet him." [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Hadith in Sahih Bukhari)[/FONT]

Shamuwn

What is Hadith?
This is a body of literature that comprises the sayings, teachings, behaviour etc. of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Muslims try to emulate the character of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in their daily lives and use the hadith as a key source to that end. The Qur'an together with hadith constitute the two most authoritative sources for moral, ethical and spiritual guidance for Muslims.

----------------------------------------------------
The Messenger of God, upon whom be peace, said:"The parent is the central door of The Garden (al-Jannah), you may look after it or you may leave it."

The above Hadith was related in Tirmidhi (Hadith No. 1900), and Ibn Majah (Hadith No. 3663). In another Hadith which has several narrations one of which says: "A man asked the Prophet, upon him be peace, who are the people most entitled to good companionship from me? The Prophet said: 'Your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then your nearest relatives and then the next nearest."

(See Riyad al-Salihin, p. 194).

Does The Holy Qur'an / Koran Back Up All These ( Hadith's ) ?

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Keep God in mind wherever you are; follow a wrong with a right that offsets it; and treat people courteously"[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Hadith in Al- Tirmidhi)

[/FONT]