• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet pbuh)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"Allah has revealed to me that you should be courteous to one another.

One should neither hold himself above another nor transgress against another."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

"Jibraeel (angel Gabriel) kept recommending treating neighbours with kindness until I thought he would assign them a share of inheritance."

(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him said:

"If a son of man had a valley full of gold, he would desire to have two.

Nothing can fill his mouth except the dust (of the grave).

Allah turns with mercy to him who turns to Him in repentance.”

(Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"He who believes in Allah and the Last Day let him not harm his neighbour; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day let him show hospitality to his guest; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day let him speak good or remain silent".[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Commentary: This Hadith unfolds the fruits of Faith. One who does not have the qualities mentioned in it, is deprived of the blessings of the Faith. Faith of such a person is like a fruitless tree, or a flower without fragrance, or a body without soul. [/FONT]

Cordoba

Prophet Myhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"If someone clings to asking for forgiveness, Allah will appoint him a way out of every constriction, and relief from every care and will provide for him from where he does not reckon."

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Hadith in Sunan Abu Dawud)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Cordoba

"Pay the worker his wages before his sweat dries"

(Hadith in Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Richness is not in plenty of provisions; the (real) richness is the richness of the soul.”[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It is part of the Sunnah that a man should accompany his guest to the door of the house."[/FONT]

(Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes a prayer (du'aa) in it, his du'aa will definitely be accepted."[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Abu Dharr ( may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told what Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, had said:

[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"O My servants, you commit error night and day, and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I should grant you pardon."[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Sahih Muslim)

[/FONT]

Cordoba

"The best of deeds is that of keeping your believing brother happy, or that of paying off a debt of his, or that of feeding him."

(Hadith in Ad-daylamee)

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I just wanted to say I appreciate this thread.

I started reading the Quran, but I have to be honest...all the punishment for unbelievers was starting to bother me. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive, but I'm having great trouble getting through it.

However, I do like reading about Muhammad. After reading a few Hadiths (Hadith? Hadiths? I'm not sure how to say that in plural form.), I find I see wisdom and compassion that I'm just not getting from reading the Quran. (I mean no offense. I'm just being honest about my own impressions and apparent inability to see what others see in the Quran.)

Anyway, thank you for the work you've put into this thread, and for the additional explanations for non-Muslims. It is much appreciated. :)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Spend (on charity), O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you."[/FONT]
(Hadith in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

[/FONT]

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Allah is Forbearer and He loves forbearance, and rewards for forbearance while He does not reward severity, and does not give for any thing besides it (forbearance).''
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I just wanted to say I appreciate this thread.

:)

Anne said:
I started reading the Quran, but I have to be honest...all the punishment for unbelievers was starting to bother me. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive, but I'm having great trouble getting through it.
(I mean no offense. I'm just being honest about my own impressions and apparent inability to see what others see in the Quran.)

I would advice you not to stop reading the Quran but to carry on your reading and surely will find the wisdom, compassionthe beauty that others came to find too.
If there is punishment in the Quran there is also mercy and compassion. Allah is Just and put all the facts straight forward to make it evident and clear for His creatures what is expected of them and what awaits them if they obey or disobey. Since Allah is our Creator, He is the only one who knows what's best for us and thus following His commands is the best thing to do.

Anne said:
Hadiths (Hadith? Hadiths? I'm not sure how to say that in plural form.),

You can say just Hadith whether saying it in singular or plural form.

Anne said:
Anyway, thank you for the work you've put into this thread, and for the additional explanations for non-Muslims. It is much appreciated. :)

You are most welcome and glad you are enjoying reading the Prophetic Hadith :)

Peace

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well – you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong – you will do wrong.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil.” [/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Shall I not tell you whom the (Hell) Fire is forbidden to touch?

[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is forbidden to touch a man who is always accessible, having polite and tender nature.''[/FONT]

(Hadith in Al-Tirmidhi)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The best of the deeds is the (observance of) prayer at its proper time and kindness to parents."

[/FONT]
(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Cordoba

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When any group of people remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquility descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." [/FONT]

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)